making babies bottles in advance?

ricschick

Proud mummy of 6!
Reaction score
just wondered how you do your babies bottles in advanced? i mean do you fill the bottles with water then add the milk when needed or do you make the bottle up cool it down and put it in the fridge?

I get a large jug container (a Kool Aid Jug). Mix 2 cans of fornula, then add my water from beechnut in the amount of the 2 cans. Then make 4 to 6 bottles and keep it in the refrigerator.

The rest of the formula I use when need.

Mello

I used to make the bottles up, let them cool down and sticke them in the fridge until needed and reheat them - only my little fella doesn´t not like hanging around - when he´s hungry he wants his bottle pronto!!!

Now I dish out the powder into each bottle, boil up a load of water, let it cool down to the right temperature and put it in a thermos flask for the day. That way the water stays at the right temperature for at least 8 hours, and I just add it to the bottle and feed him. At night time I take a couple of bottles to bed and do another flask and just mix it all up when he wakes - saves dashing down to the kitchen all bleary eyed.

I´ve just bought a smaller flask to fit in my changing bag for when I´m out and about.

We usually make them when she wants them. But if we intend to go out out, we usually just fill the bottles with water and take the formula with us. That way it doesn't spoil if its a long time that we will be out.

I do enough bottles for 24 hours every evening. I sterilized the bottles and boil the water. Once the water has cooled a bit pour it into the bottles, add formula, and pop them in the fridge. I reheat them when she's hungry in a bottle warmer :D

I do mine in the evening for 24 hours. The guidelines state that you must add water above 70oc (if you boil the kettle, don't let it cool for more than 30 mins) to the formula powder to kill any bacteria in it and then cool it quickly. The longer it stays warm, the more the bacteria within grow to dangerous levels. so if you are out and about, the recommendation is to take a pre-prepared cooled bottle out and put it with an ice brick ina thermos bag and use within 4 hours. But if you are using a frozen bottle or a frozenish bottle, they last longer. If you are going out for more than that, use the UHT stuff. Avent do a great thermos bag which is on offer in tesco atm.

These are the rigid guidelines, but woman have been making formula up with cooled boiled water for years without trouble!

I do 3 or 4 bottles at a time, make them up completey with boiling water and leave them out- they don't usually even go in the fridge

I do 3 or 4 bottles at a time, make them up completey with boiling water and leave them out- they don't usually even go in the fridge

but i thought they had to be used within 1-2hrs once there warm unless u keep them in the fridge and reheat them? =)

I make up the bottles in advance for 24 hour period then put them in the fridge. When Rocco wants a bottle he wants it there and then. He has no patience like me probably why he came early lol.

but i thought they had to be used within 1-2hrs once there warm unless u keep them in the fridge and reheat them? =)

I don't heat them up. Chloe prefers it at room temp so I keep it like that.

Interesting thread. I usually make 6 at a time, boiling water mix with formula then put in fridge when cooled.

We also bought a bottle warmer station thing from Argos for my night stand, that way don't have to get out of bed to feed him! Has a mini ice box too.

Haven't really been out & about yet for long periods, so Reading what you girls do is interesting. However my other half bought an inverter for my car (turns the power outlet/cigarette lighter into a power socket) so we can use a mini bottle warmer when were out etc

Milk should not be above 3oc for longer than an hour as this is the temperature bacteria grows at - milk harbours some nasty bacteria

i tend to make them up as and when she needs then, but occasionally I will make her one and by time its cooled down, shes ready for it

I use the concentrate formula (found it was cheaper ounce for ounce prepared) when I'm not breasfeeding for whatever reason.

I open the cans and measure out the concentrate into the bottles and then refrigerate them like that. When I need a bottle I microwave the bottled water for 30 - 45 seconds and then add it to the formula. I played with the amount of time in the microwave so that now I get perfectly heated bottles almost every time. And if it's a bit too hot I just shake it for a 30 - 60 sec and it's good.

We make up bottles once a day and stick them in the fridge. I find it easier as he has 5 bottles a day and my steriliser takes 5. Then I only have to dig into the formula tin and make a mess everywhere once a day.

If we go out I take bottles of warm water and keep them in a thermo bag and then add the formula when he needs it.

I must admit that his food is barely room temprature in the morning as he wakes up and demands food straight away. We figure if he doesn't like it a bit cold he won't drink it and that certainly doensn't happen. All his other feedings we know almost exactly what time he will want it so we can warm it up 10 minutes before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->