making friends at toddler groups?

xprincessx

Mum to 5 beauties <3
Reaction score
Right I'm gonna come clean...

I have no friends at all. I did have in college but had to drop out as I had an awful pregnancy (I still got my qualification tho cos i worked hard before hand :thumbup:) but it was such an abrupt leave that i didnt have a chance to tell my friends and we drifted apart and then my only other friend had to move 3 hours away =(

It hasnt bothered me until just lately. I would really love another mummy friend to talk to and take our LO's on picnics and little outings. I'm getting so sick of just talking to OH...dont get me wrong I love his loads but I need some female company.

I occasionally go to toddler groups but I am incredibly shy and find it really hard to talk to people unless they initiate it. How do I go about trying to make friends? I have never had to "try" to make friends, it's always just happened so really out of my depth tbh.

Any ideas?

(God I must sound like a right old loner...:dohh: :rofl:)

We started a toddler group a couple of weeks ago and like you I'm really quite shy - I really want to make some proper mummy friends too so I set myself a little thing each week to talk to say two of the mums there, ask about their LO or where they work or something like that.

At school/college/uni I had loads of friends but you drift and it does get harder as you get older as people tend to have already established a group of friends and what not

:flower:

I take Callum to a couple of toddler groups and theres a few moms there that i've made friends with but only in a way of we'll talk whilst there but don't text each other or talk outside of the class etc.

The only friends i've made from these kind of groups, is from when I took him to baby massage when he was tiny and I made friends with a couple of girls there who I still meet up with now and the kids all have playdates together and they go to each others birthday parties etc. Other then that I've got some old work mates who I see lots of and an old mate from school.

I tend to think its easier to make friends with people at these groups is if its a certain activity you're going to (like baby massage), sometimes toddler groups can get really busy and I think its nicer when theres a smaller amount of people so you can befriend people a lot easier that way xx

i found it better when my son started nursery x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->