making myself a promise

EmmyReece

Mummy To Olivia
Reaction score
2014 is going to be about my wonderful hubby and myself

I'm tired of family and so called friends taking the mick and stepping all over us.

Hubby is constantly filling in for my brother's hours at work (they're both carers for my mum, along with 2 others) at last minute, as of 2014 I'm going to be speaking to him about slowly stepping back from that as we're not having a lot of time together and if we want to start ttc then we need more time together.

And certain so called friends this year have been even worse. One in particular hasn't paid my mum back for fronting their share of the money for a mini bus to transport them and several others to and from our wedding. Who then proceeded to get drunk, accuse people of stealing her bag (when in actual fact she had left it in the bathroom) and then left an empty vodka bottle on the lawn for the staff of the hotel the following morning. They still haven't given us our sat nav back and when hubby tried to arrange to collect it and the money for the bus, they were suddenly unavailable :shrug:

This is the same person who we let sleep in our own bed the night before the wedding and the night of the wedding because they apparently couldn't afford the hotel at last minute. Who left our bedroom like a tip and didn't even bother to get in touch to let us know they had left the following morning or bother to say thank you. Seriously, who treats friends like that? :wacko:

Ahh sorry for the rant, but I'm so sick and tired of being stepped all over and if things go to plan then this our last year just hubby and me, so I plan to make the most of every minute possible, rather than wasting my time and energy on pathetic people who don't deserve space in our lives :hissy:

This is a hard lesson I've had to learn dealing with two of my best friends. Thankfully they were nicer than your friends but very needy and mentally unbalanced. They both burned me out and now we don't communicate much any more and it's been very relieving.
You're making the right decision. Doesn't sound like those are friends. More like users.
Definitely enjoy married life before children. Learn to live with one another and your quirks. Learn to love and communicate without dealing with pregnancy and baby right away.
I've personally seen a huge difference later on in married couples who had a baby right away the first year (either baby or pregnant first year) and those who waited at least a couple years.
The ones who waited a bit usually communicate better and are closer to one another than those who didnt. That's just my observation in my circle of friends and acquaintances.
Enjoy married life!!!

Thanks

Our plan is to start trying on honeymoon next year (so that will be 11 months married) and I don't know why but I'm really assuming that we won't be lucky and get a :bfp: from the first cycle of trying, so we'll probably have a few months extra at least before having to deal with morning sickness etc :rofl:

I feel sorry for hubby as this "friend" is engaged to his best friend from school and hubby was all set to go out for a drink with him one night after the wedding when we were looking after his mum and dad's dogs while they were away, but at the last minute he cancelled and said he couldn't get out as they were arranging to go away (though that wasn't happening until the following week).

What I said about her just touched on what she's like. My poor youngest flower girl burnt herself on my cousin's hair straighteners the day of the wedding and this woman took her off her dad and wouldn't give her back, even though from what I've been told he was handling it fine and doing what my aunty had told him to do :grr:

It probably sounds like I've got it in for her :dohh: I just hope that it's coming across that it's been a long list of things that she's done which has made me come to the decision not to have anything to do with her :blush:

Oh definitely!! You don't sound petty at all! I just wanted to tell you that I can totally empathize and those types of people also make me so mad. Grr! Haha.

That sounds like a fun honeymoon ;)

:rofl: we did it so that we could save up for our proper honeymoon to turkey as they'll be having our dog for a fortnight when we go away in June. It was actually a good way to have a week to ourselves with no interruptions and no one else around :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->