Making the switch!

Rebaby

Mum to 2 boys
Reaction score
Eeep! I think we are about ready to make the switch to re-usables!

We bought 10 bum genius V3's in preparation for our LO's arrival, but when Toby arrived at 6lb 5oz it became obvious that we would have to wait a while for his skinny legs to fatten up before we started using them.

As it is it's actually worked out quite well because using disposables these first few weeks has given me one less thing to think about while we settled in, and i've been able to really focus on the breastfeeding :cloud9:

But today i got one of our BG's out and tried it on Toby and it seems to fit- so i think we're good to go! :happydance:

Any tips from anyone before we start out? I was hoping to have had chance to wash them a few more times in advance but with all the other washing i've had to do i've not had time so they've only been pre-washed once, is that going to be a problem do you think?

Thanks ladies :thumbup:

should be ok hun just try not to leave them on too long incase of leaks:) cant wait to see pics of a new cloth bummed bubs!!!!

Excellent :thumbup: You won't regret it :D No tips but if you have any questions, just shout :D

I started using my bumgenius at 2.5 months cos I thought there would be all sorts of problems, so I put it off. I wish I had started it earlier, it all went so well, no problems, they were great!

Thanks for the encouragement!

It's early days but so far it's going good :thumbup: We've only run in to one 'problem', which is that normally when Toby has been pooing in disposables, even the fairly explosive poos have been generally contained towards the middle/back of the nappy. But on a couple of occasions since we switched to cloth we've discovered poop right up the front! :wacko: And yesterday OH did a change and said Toby's peep was basically covered in poop :dohh: which is obviously not great.

Not sure if it's something we're doing wrong or just because the nappies are still quite roomy for him :shrug: Any ideas?

i'd think it will be because of the roomyness and if you are exclusively BF then his pooes will be lovely and runny (sposies absorb runny poo) what are you using nappy wise? :hugs:

sara

xxxx

We have the bum genius pockets (which i'm stuffing with the newborn liner insert) Also i've been putting a flushable nappy liner in but don't know whether to bother continuing with that as, like you say, he's breastfed and his poo is all over the place, not just contained on the liner so not sure if there's much point :shrug:

yeah i found that , poo just ran straight off the liner so i didnt see the point, and its not really too bad of a job to get the poo off:D

i'd say once he gets a bit bigger it might get better (poo over his bits) but i cant comment from experience as i hav a girlie!! - but she still gets poo all in her bits :nope:

Ah thanks :thumbup: might skip the liners then, although i just spotted in another post on here that you're not meant to use nappy creams with cloth? Which i didn't know, and Toby has a bit of nappy rash at the mo and i'm using sudocrem so maybe i'd better keep on with the liners just for now? :shrug:

yea i wouldn't bother with the liners whilst bfing. When you start weaning they become more solid and the liners hold that better. Do you have a shower? I just rinse runny poop off with mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->