Male Factor Question

TTC74

Reaction score
When we had our first IUI last month, DHs count wS low but everything else was normal. They sent him for a reanalysis. This time his morphism which was normal a few weeks before was only 1%. I have an appt with RE Monday but does anyone have any thoughts as to why/how this could happen? I should mention that he also has low T.

Hi lots of things can affect morphology and motility, even if it was good before. Illness, medication, lifestyle. Dh had a test where it was ok, went away, drank lots (!) and the next test a few weeks later was terrible. It can take 3 months for sperm supplies to regenerate so anything he's done or had in the last few weeks could've affected it.
Good luck xx

Does seem odd that morphism changed so much so quickly. Could be the timing of the SA, I just learned there can be some week to week variation. Also morphology something pretty tedious for the techs (unless they do it computer assisted) so between different techs they come up with different results. I would let the doc know about the low T, just in case (not sure if that affects morphology). Good luck!

We actually went to the Dr Monday and he said DH's SA didn't look all that bad. In fact, he said he would expect us to be capable of conceiving either naturally or by IUI. That's good because on Monday, at 10 DPO, I got my BFP! Beta confirmed at 10. I go in for doubling rate on Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->