• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Male Factor Roll Call

Thanks deb! Yes, I do remember your post on FAITH. I can't imagine how devastating that is. We too are hoping for some good news soon! Blessings on you dear!

Hey MissAmma! could you please add me too????
Brumbar - low morphology (last test in Jan 5% before that 0%!!!!2%,3%, 4%) - TTC since Dec 2007 - IVF (+ICSI?) in progress.

Hi ladies we always thought the problem was with me - I have a fibroid, blocked tube and did have polyps and a chronic infection (possibly caused by 1st MC) but just before we started IVF they did our tests again and we found out DH had 55% sperm antibodies. This is also known as sticky sperm. It can be caused by a sports injury but DH suspects that he has a varicocele (which he didn't tell the FS).
We are currently coming to the end of D/R and hoping to start stimms on Tues. I am going to speak to the clinic coz they have put us down for IVF with a ? next to ICSI - they said it was up to the andrologist on the day which worries me a bit.
Anyway :wave:

Awww tansey, sorry to hear that hun!
They always look at the sample on the day...so if not good enough for IVF they'll do ICSI! they prefer IVF because it's still some sort of "natural selection". I'm sure all will be fine, they won't just go for IVF if you need ICSI.The problem is, if they prepare the eggs for icsi, they can't use them for ivf as they strip off the outer layers which contain whatever it is the sperm need in order to get to the zona...
With us they told us first that we need ICSI , but later they said they'll decide on the day, depending on DH's sample. If still not that good (5-6% morph is the cut off), but I have plenty of eggs they'll do half/half....
fingers x-ed hun!

Done sweetheart. Tansey want me to add you to the first page too? Rdy3BaMom? I am just guessing this thread will be good in terms of having a reference for newbies even after we're done :)

Could you add me to the first page please?

Deb111 - azoospermia diagnosed April 2010 - TTC for 20 montha - urologist appt 12th May

Thanks hun

Yes please MissAma!:flower:

Rdy2BaMom- Dh has low morphology, count, motility. Urologist appt May 5th

Thank you ma'am! :hugs:

Hi Girls,
don't know if anyone has heard of, or is already using Zestica?

It is supposedly the only lubricant clinically proven to IMPROVE sperm movement/motility. I bought some airmail from Australia (off Ebay) and will be trying soon!

Titi we use this already, i prefer it to preseed.

Can I get added to the role call?

Hopesprings-low morphology 4% IUI #1 with clomid (also Fertilaid for Men)

I thought preseed was the only one on the market, maybe when we run out I'll order some Zestica. Has anyone had success with clomid to improve sperm? Wondering if I should ask for some for DH. It's pretty cheap through our insurance...

Hi ladies let me chime in and join as well.

I have been TTC for 14 months. My DH has low morphology and volume. He had his first SA august 2009 and it came back at 2% morphs. He has since taken one in March 2010 and his morphs were at 6%. So to me anything going up has to be a good thing. What percentage do you have to be to have "good" morphology?:shrug:
We have been given the OK and the protocol to start IUI any month that we want but we are just waiting a while to see if we can do it on our own for free:haha:.

Anyway, we trust God and know that with him, all things are possible:thumbup:.

Hope no one minds me just copying this from posting in another group, but I am so stresses I don't have the energy to re write it, so apologies if you see this in other places too:dohh:)

Urology appt was pretty much a waste of time!

After the mess up last time of having the letter that said SA was 'normal' and then being told that was an error and he has azoospermia, we now turn up at appt with urologust to be told "it's a shame I don't have any blood test results to maybe give 'some' indication".

We pointed out that they took them at our last appt, so off he goes to see if they're on the system but just not in our file and guess what?! NOTHING! So either they've lost the results or the blood. So hubby had a quick examination - nothing to report, and urologist spent 10 mins asking age, medical history, blah blah blah (read our file!!), then nurse re-took the bloods and put him on waiting list for SSR in 3 to 4 months time and then RE-DID the bloods! :sleep:

So now we have to go back in 3 weeks time for results of bloods! So we ask him what he thinks the odds are of finding sperm in cases like this and he says "with nothing to really go on, I'd have to say 50/50!"

Plus we were also told that my FSH level was a little high, which may be a natural fluctuation, but I have to have my CD3 bloods done again as it may suggest my egg reserves are low! It gets worse!
:shrug:

Hi MrsKC by the way - nice to see you here too :flower:

Deb - sorry it's so slow hon, I remember just how frustrating these initial stages are.... what idjits to have lost the bloods. Good going for the SSR but as I said make sure they will freeze whatever they find!

I've added you to the list ladies.

What morphology is considered normal? Depends on the RE. Mine said anything below 14% is not good for normal conception, and he doesn't recommend IUI below 6% I think. We are doing it anyway.

What morphology is considered normal? Depends on the RE. Mine said anything below 14% is not good for normal conception, and he doesn't recommend IUI below 6% I think. We are doing it anyway.

Yeah but there seems to be so many women who have gotten their BFP with morphologies between 6-10%. Im not giving up hope. We have been given the go ahead to proceed with IUI but Im waiting a few months to see what God is going to do. Ive waited 14 so Im sure I can wait some more.:wacko:

Please don't anyone take this the wrong way and it's neither here nor there but just to share my feelings, our miracle is straight from God too. We may not have gotten it while making love but it's God's hand alright. To me it's never been God versus science but God originating it, He sanctioned all the procedures we've been through, all the drugs, all the treatments and He then ensured they worked. No less of a miracle.

Please don't anyone take this the wrong way and it's neither here nor there but just to share my feelings, our miracle is straight from God too. We may not have gotten it while making love but it's God's hand alright. To me it's never been God versus science but God originating it, He sanctioned all the procedures we've been through, all the drugs, all the treatments and He then ensured they worked. No less of a miracle.

I definitely know that ICSI/IVF/IUI are all miracles from God. He gave DRs the knowledge to create and to complete those procedures. I dont take that for granted at all or think that your child is any less of a miracle than a natural sex cycle. Not one time did I say that children that come through that way are not miracles. Im even considering the IUI procedure as well, and I stated that. I just said Im going to give God some more time to work in that capacity first and if that capacity doesnt work then Ill trust God through IUI or whatever other procedure I may have to have.

I was NOT trying to offend anyone with my statement and I still dont think that I did.:shrug:

Whoa, that was quite the reaction... You didn't offend me in the least, l was just pointing out in how many ways he works that's all. Good luck!

Whoa, that was quite the reaction... You didn't offend me in the least, l was just pointing out in how many ways he works that's all. Good luck!

Great! Im wishing you the best as well.:thumbup: Not to cause conflict because thats not who I am, but I felt as though it was directed at me because I was the only one discussing God.:shrug:

Anywho, Deb111 Im praying for you so hard tonite because I know you are having a hard time.:hugs:

As many of you know, hubby has been diagnosed with azoospermia and we saw urologist on Wednesday who wasn't much help! I asked him what we could do (in terms of diet and supplements) to make sure that IF they did find any sperm that they are of the best quality they can be.

His answer "there's nothing special you should be doing!"

Now I know that's not true cos I know zinc is crucial in sperm production and hubby takes a multivit, but would be interested to hear what others have e
been told or what people have tried that has increased sperm count / mobility / morphology etc.

Thanks girls :thumbup:

Deb l had mine doing the usual before SSR in boxers, no cigarettes, not more than 2 beers à week, no coffee or Coke, gym and FertilAid for men. Not sure it helped, they did not find more than before but maybe it was better quality since it worked. Whatever you do just remember the cycle for new production is close to 3 months to see any changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->