• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Male Factor Roll Call

Deb l had mine doing the usual before SSR in boxers, no cigarettes, not more than 2 beers à week, no coffee or Coke, gym and FertilAid for men. Not sure it helped, they did not find more than before but maybe it was better quality since it worked. Whatever you do just remember the cycle for new production is close to 3 months to see any changes.

Thanks - he has 3-4 months to wait for op so there's time - and time for me to lose a few pounds too cos they wont start anything with me until they know they've got some :spermy:

I see you're doing good! Nice to see a positive story to give us lots of hope :happydance:

Well, DH had his urologist appt, did blood tests for hormone levels, and had a scrotal ultrasound done and it all came back normal. :shrug: How can that all come back normal and his SA levels be so low?? I don't get it. Oh well, he is going to start Clomid and retest in a couple of months. Still trusting God in all this, but getting so very discouraged. :nope:

It can happen, all our tests come back normal and yet we have NO sperm -in the ejaculate that is- it's likely that he simply has less tissue with spermatogenesis. With that Said, Clomid has good success rates in men and while it likely won't make more it can make them better swimmers!

Has IVF been mentioned?

Hi Girls- just to let you know for the front page- I got my BFP on Sunday!! 4th month of Clomid using preseed and softcups xxx

Congrats!!!

Updated the 1st page for you.

Hi Girls- just to let you know for the front page- I got my BFP on Sunday!! 4th month of Clomid using preseed and softcups xxx

Congrats babyloulou!:happydance:

RDY: you will have a baby. Im praying for you! Thank God for great results with your DH!:hugs:

Congrats babylou!! How exciting! :happydance:

Missama-we have not talked about IVF yet, it is sooo expensive and not covered by our insurance, of course. We have talked about IUI, and will probably look into that sooner than later. It is only $500 and my in-laws told us that they would pay for it. Thanks for your encouraging words!

Mrskc-I cherish your prayers! Thank you dear! We will both get our BFP's someday :thumbup:

Hello everyone, just wanted to share something of interest to us girls with MI. I've just bought the latest guide to fertility and Assisted Conception by Zita West that has just come out this year. There is a whole chapiter on SA and I was surprised to read that the latest WHO recommendations for 'normal' SA analysis (2009) seemed to have dropped: count per ml, now 15 rather than 20 ), motility 40% rather than 50% and... morphology...now say that up to 96% of sperm in a healthy man can be abnormal. This was a particular interest to me as OH results were 18milion/ml, 60% motility and 4% normal which according to these new criteria would put him under normal SA results. All that said, we have been ttc 12 cycles since our m/c, I ovulated each time and we bd at ovulation each time, so clearly, it is still not that straight forward!

We have our appointment with the fs to start treatment tomorrow. OH has done a second test last week, but he was ill with a fever a few days before, so not sure the results will be accurate. Still, we have agreed to give icsi a go so unless it comes back with a 100million/ml and 60% normal shapes (ha ha, as if!), we will go ahead with it.

Still, it explains why a number of us has managed to fall pg despite a result of male subfertility.

Hello everyone, just wanted to share something of interest to us girls with MI. I've just bought the latest guide to fertility and Assisted Conception by Zita West that has just come out this year. There is a whole chapiter on SA and I was surprised to read that the latest WHO recommendations for 'normal' SA analysis (2009) seemed to have dropped: count per ml, now 15 rather than 20 ), motility 40% rather than 50% and... morphology...now say that up to 96% of sperm in a healthy man can be abnormal. This was a particular interest to me as OH results were 18milion/ml, 60% motility and 4% normal which according to these new criteria would put him under normal SA results. All that said, we have been ttc 12 cycles since our m/c, I ovulated each time and we bd at ovulation each time, so clearly, it is still not that straight forward!

We have our appointment with the fs to start treatment tomorrow. OH has done a second test last week, but he was ill with a fever a few days before, so not sure the results will be accurate. Still, we have agreed to give icsi a go so unless it comes back with a 100million/ml and 60% normal shapes (ha ha, as if!), we will go ahead with it.

Still, it explains why a number of us has managed to fall pg despite a result of male subfertility.

Wow this is really good information. My DH has 6% normal forms for morphology. We have been trying almost 15 months. For some reason I feel like we are getting closer.:happydance:

well we had the results of my OH second SA and although I trully didn't expect a significant change, especially since OH had a nasty virus with fever just days before doing the sample, it was a lot better than the first. Results for the first one was 18M/ml, 60% motility, 4% morphology. Results of second, 3 months later: count now 29m/ml, motility still 60% and morphology increased to 6%. Under the new WHO guidelines, his sample falls under the 'normal' category. We were so pleased with these results.

What he did different? Nothing much, just took fertilityaid and cut down on beer. When I say cut down, it is far from giving up, he made it clear he wouldn't do that, but reduced the number of days he has one, and the quantity. I'm really pleased because he believes that it is the reduction is alcohol that has made the difference rather than the pills. I'm not sure, but that means that he has now an even better incentive to keep to his new regime!

Hey Ladies :flower:

Would you mind adding me? OH has no normal forms, we've been told ICSI is the route for us. Our 1st appointment at the clinic is 1st June.

xxxx

My OH has 3% normal forms, but the counts 87 mil and motility 22% rapid 9% sluggish, i've just done the semen analysis calculator, an the result is abnormal - severe :( are our results bad? i kno the 3% isn't good but the rest is okay..

https://www.pathwaystopregnancy.com/semen_analysis_calc_pathways.cfm

My OH has 3% normal forms, but the counts 87 mil and motility 22% rapid 9% sluggish, i've just done the semen analysis calculator, an the result is abnormal - severe :( are our results bad? i kno the 3% isn't good but the rest is okay..

Hi Jem

Sorry i can't offer much advice - my hubby has NO normal forms, but just wanted to say - great little tool you've found with that calculator - not seen it before.

Hope you get some good news soon xx

Awesome tool Jem. I did it and we got low. I think you are ok. Many women with our condition of low morphology issues still conceive it just takes us longer, or we have to do IUI. I choose to keep trying on my own right now. Good luck!:hugs:

Yeah, we got told my our GP that it will happen for us, but it might just take a while, which it has done, took us 18 months to get our 2nd bfp.. and i guess it can happen for us.. it's just the when.

Well, even if this little beanie doesn't stick I want to pass on a little hope for all those with MF issues. My DH has low morphology, I think it was 4%. We did IUI with clomid this cycle for the first time. His counts that day (we held off for almost a week to prepare the troops) were 35 mil 62% motile before, and like 17 mil with 89% motile post wash. I wish they looked at morph too, but oh well.

The ICs I did 9 DPO, 10 DPO FMU, and 11 DPO FMU >>>>> all looked like a FAINT pink shadow, but I was so hopeful that I bought some FRERs today. Got two :bfp: right away, then the Fact Plus also! I am so stoked. Please be sticky!

So, to all those ladies who have an RE like mine who said IUI was a waste of time and money and we had NO CHANCE without IVF...tell them to screw themselves, they'll do whatever you pay for!

Good luck ladies :dust:

Well, even if this little beanie doesn't stick I want to pass on a little hope for all those with MF issues. My DH has low morphology, I think it was 4%. We did IUI with clomid this cycle for the first time. His counts that day (we held off for almost a week to prepare the troops) were 35 mil 62% motile before, and like 17 mil with 89% motile post wash. I wish they looked at morph too, but oh well.

The ICs I did 9 DPO, 10 DPO FMU, and 11 DPO FMU >>>>> all looked like a FAINT pink shadow, but I was so hopeful that I bought some FRERs today. Got two :bfp: right away, then the Fact Plus also! I am so stoked. Please be sticky!

So, to all those ladies who have an RE like mine who said IUI was a waste of time and money and we had NO CHANCE without IVF...tell them to screw themselves, they'll do whatever you pay for!

Good luck ladies :dust:

:happydance::happydance::happydance:Congrats honey!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

hi ladies i hope you dont mind me poping in. i though i would let you know of something i stumbled across today while reading a healthy eating journal.
I study was done recently which showed the infertile male mice who increased their Omega 3 DHA intake with a suppliment almost always restored their sperm count. The research is only in the early stages and more test need to be conducted but i though i couldn't help to let you know incase you want to try it.

good luck ladies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->