Males taking Clomid?

Sunny.X

Reaction score
My husband has just text me asking if he should get some Clomid because it will help produce more natural testosterone? :wacko:

I'm confused right now, has anyone heard of this?

I've googled it! It makes swimmers more stronger, powerful, etc. X

I had never heard that before, but here is a fertility center here in Texas that has been doing that:

https://www.txfertility.com/MaleInfertilityTreatment-Clomid.php

It says you have to be careful though and get the testosterone checked because it can raise the T and decrease sperm. So there has to be a dose adjustment it that happens!!

Interesting!! Thanks for bringing this up!!!!!

Some guys use it in bodybuilding after using steriods, it blocks estrogen.

I only briefly looked it up before but will have a more in dept look later. Thanks for the link hun!

In TTC...my DH had low count, and a year ago his Doc gave him 3 months of Clomid saying it would raise his count or make them more efficient...but, it was $90 a month wasted...3 months of it and we never became pregnant like we were hoping.
Have now been TTC for 2 years with no luck.

Just FYI

Sorry to hear that. At least you can say you've tried it and didn't work for you rather than be wondering if it could've or not. Sending you lots of baby dust! X

Is this under medical supervision? If not i would think it would be very dangerous. He's better off checking his SA first.

For men taking clomid it is a MUST that it's done under medical supervision as it can make them infertile if they dnt need clomid. Dnt mess around with things like this ladies. Yes we all want a baby, but for goodness sake do it the right way.

No, I'm fully aware of this. I just thought it was strange as I've never heard of males taking it so thought I'd ask if it's been heard of. Would never let him take anything of this sort unless it was medically proscribed. Thank you for concerns though. Xx

No, I'm fully aware of this. I just thought it was strange as I've never heard of males taking it so thought I'd ask if it's been heard of. Would never let him take anything of this sort unless it was medically proscribed. Thank you for concerns though. Xx

I'd never heard of guys taking clomid before. I guess meds can have many different applications! I figured you wouldn't consider it outside of medical supervision, but wasn't too sure, sorry if I came across badly!

No didn't you didn't come across any sort of way other than looking out for me, which i do really appreciate. Sorry if I came across any sort of way, i didn't mean to sweetie. I did just want to make it clear I would never let him take anything like that, not knowing what it could do, etc. Xx

No didn't you didn't come across any sort of way other than looking out for me, which i do really appreciate. Sorry if I came across any sort of way, i didn't mean to sweetie. I did just want to make it clear I would never let him take anything like that, not knowing what it could do, etc. Xx

No you didn't at all :) I just see heaps of people taking supplements and medications on here with very little understanding of the effects. I always feel like I'm being a bore because I'm often replying to people saying 'please get some supervision from a medical/other professional'.

Hope you're doing well today!

Nooooo honey, don't worry. I always value your advice, and comments. I'm great today, thank you. How are you? I'm CD4, just want AF to be over so we can get on with things :haha: Have a good day! Xx

I'm good thanks! CD11 for me, should be ovulating soon :)

Hope AF leaves the building soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->