managing a newborn's and three year old's sleep

maisiemoo

Reaction score
So, my daughter has been awake for the last two hours following a bad dream. She simply cannot get back to sleep, which happens to the best of us. I have always dealt with our daughter's sleep (she is never left to cry) and it's not unusual for me to spend hours stroking her hair/ comforting her etc she mostly sleeps through, but have the odd night like this eve.

Whilst my oh tries, he doesn't have the same level of patience. His need for sleep has always been greater than mine. He just doesn't cope well.

Tonight, I can still hear my daughter tossing and turning, I'm waiting for the inevitable shout and wondering, how is this going to work with a newborn?????? I intend to co-sleep with baby, oh for the first few months will probably sleep in the spare room....we have discussed that he will need to tend to our older daughter, but as he sleeps through her current restlessness I don't see it happening.

Sorry for my late night rambling, but I would be really intrigued to know how others with two manage their child's different needs when it comes to sleep xxx

Just occurred to me that this thread might be better suited in baby club..... How do I get it moved?

You could even try the toddler section, I hop in there pretty frequently and it has a lot of moms with children of varying ages.

I asked the same question to family an I've been told by everyone that you just do it because you have to . You might have nights where your running on no sleep ,but you get through by just pushing through

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->