Manchester Mummys

just bumping this thread back to the top
xxx

Wow, I missed loads of posts in this thread. Not sure how as I actually know how to use User CP now. Oh well.

So LB&Bump, did you have all of yours at Stepping Hill. What did you think of it. Or did you have none at Stepping Hill?

Hi

I'm a Manchester Mum too.....had my baby Jacob on the 26th October at Stepping Hill. Couldn't fault the care I got....they were very supportive and helped me through my long labour! xx

Hiya girls!! I'm a Manchester mummy sort of...we live Bramhall/Cheadle Hulme and I had my gorgeous monkey at Stepping Hill too. Couldn't rate it high enough, the midwives were lovely, and I totally owe our sucess at breastfeeding to the support of the midwives/breastfeeding support lady. I had her in the birthing centre and laboured in the pool, doing the whole thing on just the pain relief the pool gave me (not even g&a!). I enjoyed it so much. Hope I get to do it all again very soon!! xxx

Had my first appointment today at Stepping Hill and, wow, how lovely were the midwives? I'm really happy how nice they were. And they are really into active, natural births and encourage them as much as possible which suits what I want. The midwife said my birth plan wasn't unrealistic and that it's the positive way to approach the birth. I had been worried they might be a bit cynical about it but no.

aaw thats well good! the mws at stepping hill are really nice! some are a bit dippy mind, but mostly they're really really nice!

Alice...where abouts are you??? I haven't checked this thread in a while :lol:

I loved the dippy midwives at stepping hill....one inparticular who said to my friend at an antenatal appointment "hmm, yeah, thats the head down there....or maybe its a bum....hhmm.... no, i think its a head" She ended up in labour for 3 days with a breech baby who was stuck undrr her ribs! :dohh:

Hiya girls!! I'm also a Manchester mummy sort of...we live in Wilmslow and I had my gorgeous little girl at Stepping Hill too 11 weeks ago. Couldn't rate it high enough, the midwives were lovely and very supportive. Was in Stepping Hill for 8 days all in all. Had 2 days on Mat 3 and then spent 4 days in NICU, after NICU we spent 2 days on transitional care and I can not give the nurses or midwives enough thanks or credit for everything they did for us.

Stepping Hill has fantastic maternity services and can not rate highly enough.

hi rach! they are lovely on mat3 arent they! especially the night staff, they're so fab!! always nice to see another "kinda" manchester mummy on here!!

Yeah we were lucky to have had good staff on. I assume you were on Mat 3 with Ella. I agree with you about the "kinda" Manchester bit, it is nice to know that there are other mums on here that arent to far away.

(Promise I'm not following you around threads Rach83!)

I'm a kind of Manchester mummy too - I live in sunny Wilmslow. X

i was on it with both mine - its got so much better in th last year tho!!

Have any of you had babies that have gone through the NICU at the new St Mary's Hospital?

I've been invited to join a Parents Forum for the unit. "The aim of this group will be to look at your experience, obtain feedback and identify areas of good practice, and also identify where improvements could possibly be made".

First meeting is next Wednesday (10th Feb), so if any of you have any comments or suggestions that you'd like me to pass back, send me a PM.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->