Marathoners?!

TxMom2Be

FTM to baby GIRL!
Reaction score
Any fellowe runners out there? Are you pregnant? TTC? Have you ran through a previous pregnancy?

DH and I are ttc and are registered for our next marathon in November - I've heard from numerous sources thats it's okay to continue running if you were running prior to getting pregnant, but I'd love to hear from people that have actually been through it or are current pregnant runners.

I'd definitely start slowing down as I got further along (although I do have to get pregnant first :winkwink:) but would love to continue my training program and run the big 26.2 in November! Currently we run 4 miles 6 mornings a week and do our "long" training runs every other weekend.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing!

Hello!
I'm a runner too; I'm doing my first marathon in April 2012.
I didn't run while I was pregnant though - I was much too lazy! I do believe, though, that it's ok to continue running during pregnancy for as long as is comfortable. Obviously, you just need to listen to your own body, which I'm sure you are doing.
:)
xx

Thanks for sharing!

Good Luck with your first marathon, it's hard work but you'll feel on top of the world when it's done! My advice is treat your body right! :dance:

DH and I ran our first half last Nov, our first full in Feb (on the beach - which was AWESOME!), and our second full will be this Nov....once you get into it's addicting! :cloud9:

Aww, yeah! I can't wait :). I've done 3 half-marathons and loads of 10k's and 5k's; I wanted to do a marathon for years though!
xx

It's certainly fine if you are already a runner, the only issue is ensuring you are eating enough and you might have some obstacles (morning sickness, insomnia, and then later on, tiny bladder, LOL) that might impair your training/recovery. Other than that, get a move on it :) I'm not a marathoner, I'm a weightlifter who reluctantly runs. I worked out daily until 41 weeks.

I'm not a marathoner but I do run, mostly 10K's. I continued running up until 7 months when it was just to uncomfortable for me then.

it's great that your fit though, because I was fit and my labour was 72 hours long as LO was back to back and I pushed for 3 hours. It was the most physically enduring thing I have ever done, and if I hadn't been as fit as I was, I am convinced I would have ended up with a c section or epidural.

Just listen to your body, if it doesn't feel right then stop, and you will know when's right to stop. Just look after yourself x

I'm not a marathoner but I do run, mostly 10K's. I continued running up until 7 months when it was just to uncomfortable for me then.

it's great that your fit though, because I was fit and my labour was 72 hours long as LO was back to back and I pushed for 3 hours. It was the most physically enduring thing I have ever done, and if I hadn't been as fit as I was, I am convinced I would have ended up with a c section or epidural.

Just listen to your body, if it doesn't feel right then stop, and you will know when's right to stop. Just look after yourself x

I went through the same, 3 days of induced labour (infection), and severe shoulder dystocia at the end, which was really a saving grace that I could push for 4 hours. The doctor told me that being in shape helped saved my boy's life, an out-of-shape/even average woman simply wouldn't have had teh endurance to do it.

Here's to a future speedy uncomplicated labour for the OP!! But if not, at least being in shape will make a huge difference.

Hi, i'm a marathon runner and Iron Man triathlete and just found out i'm 6 weeks pregnant. I wish i could still run but at the moment sore boobs are my main problem along with constant nausea that makes me not want to move too much. I was running everyday until just recently when even two sports bras didn't relieve the pain!!! ouch. I'd say do whatever your body lets you and don't beat yourself up if you can't. And good luck in your first marathon x
They're addictive x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->