March 29, 2011 Bump Buddies!!! 6 Boys, 1 and only Girl

Thanks for the idea alex but my steering wheel is already all the way up! If I put it lower my breasts get in the way. Most vehicles (except compact cars- which wouldn't make it up half my friend's driveways) aren't designed for short people (I'm 5'1), especially pudgy short people! I'm hoping to get my cheapy car fixed so that I can drive that!

sammy- so sorry to hear about the hernia. will be hard not to pick your son up, mine will be one dec 16. i know thats a couple months younger but he loves to be held and carried around. i cant imagine what i would do if i couldnt. and a surgery right after having a baby, yikes!

ladies- we all get hormonal sometimes, its all just part of it. my hubby is very gentle with me and sensitive to my needs. even though he doesnt fully understand everything im going thru, he tries to stay patient and loving. i guess thats part of why we are already on number 5! i hope your husbands are as understanding as they can be as well. dont be so hard on yourselves, pregnancy aint for chumps! its a long hard process

sending :hugs: your way!

I know my son will be one Oct 6, doctor told me just to let him crawl/walk to me when sitting down and I guess he will have to get used to being a lap baby instead of always being held or carried everywhere. I am so afraid of getting surgery especially after having a baby, I was hoping the would do the surgery during the same stay but he said no, so he said it will be around 6-8weeks postpartum, that is really frustrating me atm thinking about two different recoveries...crazy

yeah sammy, thats a lot on your plate. waiting around to sit and hold my baby makes me think i would have to sit over half the day! i had a surgery about 8 weeks after my last son, so i kinda know what your going thru. i had to have part of my cervix cut off so it was really like having a baby all over again with all the cramps and soreness. i could pick my little one up though, so it wasnt so bad. i wouldnt know the first thing about what a hernia surgery would entail. im sure you wont be able to pick either of them up for a while! your in my prayers for a speedy recovery and that you get a lot of help with both babies!

I am stressed I wasnt able to sleep this last week its been horrible. DH family is great but not very helpful due to older age and just not ageeing on things, if you know what I mean. But I know that my husband will be very helpful and thats all that matters

By the way how is everyone doing today?

I dont know if they are going to do a laproscopy if thats how its spelled or if they are going to go cut the bellybutton open and cut whatever needs to be cut and then put a mesh lining in and stitch me back up from what it sounds like....yikes

Having a supporting DH is important!
I'm doing pretty good today. Took a risk and got out of bed before my chocolate milk. I feel pretty crappy and have a sour tummy but besides that I'm good.
Oh and YAY for your PLUM! I want a plum to eat. And a pear. And a grilled artichole and some asparagus. And a bean and cheese burrito. This is what happens when I have a sour tummy- keep putting food in it to make it feel better! :dohh:
I"m sure everything will be ok Sammy. It's frightening but I'm sure it'll be fine.

I am seriously fixated on food right now.
Oh and I'm supposed to be getting my whole pre-approval to buy a little house done within a week! It'll only be $200 more than our rent!

that is exciting....buying a house is better than renting. I feel like I can do anything, just vacuumed the living room and my bellybutton/hernia is hurting again...yuck

Oh and fruit is our friends, cant go wrong with fruit ate apples and oranges and strawberries, only have three left of each, and I just went 1 day ago...lol time for another trip to the produce store....lol funny thing is I have bean and cheese burrito three days ago and bean salad two nights ago. I think tonight is going to be sweet corn mash pot and stuffing with some grilled chicken

I've been having issues with Chicken... and meat in general. I did have a baked (microwaved) potato with sour cream this morning though YUMM! I could go for that iwth some green beans (ones from my friend). But DF will want some meat and he hates green beans. Hmm... I had bean and cheese burritos for dinner last night- and i have a couple small ones with me today- and I ate one a little while ago. now I'm drinking hot chocolate. I really need to go get some fruit. It just sounds delish.

sammy- at least your hubby is supportive and even though the surgery will be scary, it will fix you up so you can hold your babies again

missfox- we are doing the same thing. our mortgage will be only 200 more than rent also. my hubby says he is gonna get me all new appliances also. probably sounds silly, but im so excited! here is a pic of the house we are getting ready to put an offer on...

0_IMAGE_102.jpg

Wow that is so nice! The house we're looking at is a total fixer upper but so is the place we live in now (Can you say SLUMLORDS?). And it's 2x the size! I just hope everything works out and we can buy it!
Good luck to you though! I'm only 23 so I have a bunch of appliances that all match since I only moved out a few years ago... but we'll need the fridge and stove! EEP! SO EXCITING.

it looks pretty from the outside, but there is a lot of painting to do and there is a deck out back that is falling apart. we are getting it cheaper because of that. my hubby is soooo excited about doing some fixing. he used to lay floors, did guttering, put on roofs, etc etc etc. if i left it up to him he would have gotten us a total fixer upper. with four kids, about to be five, i had to make sure it was decent enough to live in for now. he doesnt have as much time as he thinks, lol!!!

I will also be having surgery right after baby. I am getting my tubes tied the day after having baby. I am a little scared, especially right after giving birth. This will be the third laprascopic surgery I have had. So I know how you feel! Good luck!

thanks everyone for the support definitely makes me feel better

I've been up since 4 am (body prepping for baby much?) and feeling pretty bad today. Sent DF to the store for Chocolate Chip cookies. I feel like poo but all in all my day isn't so bad. Hope your day is going well.

yay missfox lil bean is a lime, I dont remember being a lime I must have been off....lol

Lol! I remember when you were a lime- but I don't think you were on much that week. I'm pretty excited for limetime! I just wish this headache would go away! I'm sure it will soon.

Yay for limes :)
Hubby is gone all weekend on a trip for work,
so I've got the house to myself..

I think that calls for chick flicks & veggin' out.
And it means I dont have to cook dinner!

:yipee: I love my husband, but I don't mind having a few days to myself, thats for sure. :thumbup:

Hope you ladies are well today. I'm just excited to be at the beginning of 11 weeks. :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->