March 29, 2011 Bump Buddies!!! 6 Boys, 1 and only Girl

yay for that!!!! i hadnt even realized i was almost double, and you too! i will pray your labor is better and quicker this time:thumbup:

Wow! Again it's so amazing how fast this is all going! 21 weeks on thursday. I can't wait to take another bump pic because DH keeps telling me that it keeps getting bigger.
As far as labor- I really hope I go faster than my mom did!!! She was in the hospital with contractions for almost 48 hours with me and about 30 with my little brother. I'm going to try to avoid that by not going until my contractions are regular.

makes me excited to hold lo in my arms... :happydance: only a few months away!

:thumbup: All this talk about labor makes me wanna cover my ears and *lalalala* .. lol.
Ignorance is bliss as far as I'm concerned, only because my anxiety will rock my world if I think too much about it, so I'm just going in with a clear mind, knowing it's gonna hurt like hell :lol: and not expecting anything except for my baby boy to be in my arms at the end of it.

:happydance: Speaking of baby boy, he is indeed a boy..100% the doctor said, so that makes me confident to buy blue & green! lol, he is super healthy and everything looks wonderful. I didnt get any pics cuz baby wasn't cooperating to get any good 3D pics and the doctor kept the ones he took to put in my file.. No worries though. I'm just feeling so blessed that this pregnancy has been good to me, and my baby so far! Praying it stays that way :flow:

I have my glucose test next time, what do they do during those? :shrug:

there are a couple of different ways they do it. mine have always been the normal easy one. you have to drink this nasty sugary drink that will make you feel sick and wait an hour. then they draw blood and see if you have pregnancy induced diabetes. i have heard of some women having to take the rougher one where you have to fast all night or something, then drink the stuff and wait 3 hours to test! i think that is more for women that have problems with diabetes already though, but dont quote me on that.

the stuff you have to drink is usually like orange soda except so sugary it will make you feel like your gonna vom. dont throw up though or you will have to do it again! with my last pregnancy they had a new kind that was lemon lime soda. was still nasty though. i always leave the office feeling sick for a couple hours after. oh, and i think you have a certain time limit to drink it in but cant member how long. like a minute or two, something like that...

yay on a good sonogram!!!!! happy baby makes a happy momma!

Yep exactly what blessedmomma said, I was sick sick sick, I was thinking by the way I was feeling that for sure something would come up abnormal with my test...but I wasnt its just the way it makes you feel. Plan on kickin up for feet that day and take day to yourself...I wonder when they are going to make me do this? Will find out today, I have to seriously stop procrastinating...I need to shower and get son ready(sad no babysitter today...so he's tagging along, hope he corporates with me) Will update when I get back....talk to you ladies later on.

Yeah i have already had the fasting blood sugar test once, and have to do it again next tuesday. The reason i have to do the fasting one and do it twice is because i have a higher bmi. I think they also make you do it if you have a family history of it or if you yourself have had it before. I have to fast for 12 hours, only water, then they draw your blood. You drink the stuff and then wait an hour and get your blood drawn again. Luckily this time i get another ultrasound while i wait. I am going to try to get them to get me a good 3d picture of his face this time.

:nope: well that doesn't sound pleasant at all! I have a horribly weak stomach so I hope and pray I'll be able to keep it down. Time will tell I suppose, hopefully I only have to do it once :thumbup:

Thanks ladies. Hope you're all having a good day!

im sorry you have to fast brai. i get sick if i dont eat every so often while preggo. i always feel bad for the ones who have to fast cuz of the fasting making you feel sick, then that nasty drink on top of that. i would surely get sick!!! my heart goes out to you :hugs:

sammy- i always think the same thing, that i must be getting diabetes cuz of how icky i feel that day. it must just be the stuff, yuck! i almost got sick one time and the nurse must have been able to tell, she said dont vomit or you'll have to start all over.... i made sure i held it all down!:nope:

ugh I did one of the long glucose tests before pregnancy... that nasty orange syrup was so cold and sugary that it literally made my stomach cramp...

Well Prenatal appt went well other than the fact my appt was at 145p and didnt get seen until about 3p. My last three appt I havent been able to remember ahead of time to get a babysitter so this was my last straw, my son can only handles so much in his stroller. Literally just got home 10 min ago. sorry for rant! Anyways everything is well, back to every four weeks so my next appt which includes the glucose test is Dec. 20 at 1045a and my re-scan is Dec. 30th at 930a so all is well! Yay

Awww sammy! Your next appointment is the day before mine.. How exciting. :happydance: Mine is the 21st at 8 a.m. :flow:

Bummer about the long wait.. I hate when that happens, but I have no patience either :lol: So glad that everything is good though, I bet you're relieved that you have the normal once a month visits now!

less pressure on me being seen every two weeks iykwim. between my prenatal and maternal fetal appt its been crazy, almost was turning out to be an appt once a week. and with a 13month old its crazy. Thanks though I am relieved. Now its time to eat some food....lol

How are you feeling today...things better for you and DH?

Yeah I can imagine that was stressful!

Things are okay, we didn't really talk about it much, he just said that it "wasnt a big deal" and gave me a typical male reaction so I just brushed it off. I was too excited for my appointment today to even care. :thumbup: Nothing holds a candle of importance to my little man being healthy and well.. so that worked to my advantage. Thanks for asking!

hope he at least doesnt mess with that stuff anymore bella, especially while your pregnant :hugs:

sammy-glad your back to regular appts. you must be getting close to the point where the normal 2 week appts start though??? i have an appt on dec 6, then my next appt after that will be 2 weeks later and will also be my glucose test. thats when my 2 weeks start. cant imagine taking my lil ones to my appts, your brave. they went once but had my hubby there too. i hate waiting so long to be seen:growlmad:

I know monthly's were short lived but bring on bi-weekly's I'm ready for it....lol just not before 24 weeks. I don't think I went on bi-weekly's until I was around 32 or 34 weeks sad I cant even remember and that was a little over a year ago...lol

Yeah I can imagine that was stressful!

Things are okay, we didn't really talk about it much, he just said that it "wasnt a big deal" and gave me a typical male reaction so I just brushed it off. I was too excited for my appointment today to even care. :thumbup: Nothing holds a candle of importance to my little man being healthy and well.. so that worked to my advantage. Thanks for asking!

Even though it might not be a big deal now to you...you don't want it to become a habbit if its not already one, I would fear my child would find it, I know thats still years to come but hope he puts that stuff away for good. Not trying to be all up in your buisness and everything thats your personal stuff iykwim... :flower:

anyone else having hard time breathing...feel like I cant take a full breath started the within the last two or three days...

Bella haha just found this one smilies you could have used about "birth talk" :ignore: :rofl:

No I totally understand, and agree. He doesn't really have a problem with it.. the last time he watched it was when I was home visiting family this past summer, which I was alright with since I was gone for so long. But he doesn't keep any dvd's or anything around the house, and nothing is downloaded to the computer.. Simply because he knows I hate it. I would have been more upset if he did it on a regular basis, I just wouldn't tolerate it. I could never be with a man who watched it all the time, I think it's disgusting. He did say last night that if it made me that uncomfortable he wouldn't watch it anymore at all, which I appreciated.. even though he didn't understand why it was a big deal. :flow:

So now were good unless I find something again, then we'll have major issues. :thumbup:

:rofl: That smiley is so cute!! I love it!
:ignore:

As for the breathing. . ME! I thought it was just the weather change or something but I feel short of breathe, even when I'm just laying around. Weird. I guess thats normal though, considering he's 10 inches long now.. holey moley! Hard to believe I have a baby that big inside of me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->