March/April Spring Rainbows

My grandpa passed away on Saturday. All I can think about is how my baby will never meet him. He was practically my father.

Oh raine I'm so sorry to hear that :hugs: sending you hugs and healing thoughts :hugs:

So sorry to hear that Raine. Sending hugs your way
Y

Raine-I am So sorry to hear that. My grandma passed away this past February and her and I talked every single day and she took care of me almost every day growing up. It was so hard and I'm so sorry you are having to go through it. Hugs to you.

Sweetv-Thank you, my appointment was alright. My cervix measured from 2.9(with pressure) to 3.1 She took several measurements and they were all within that. So really it is pretty stable from last week. Although I did NOT like seeing that 2.9. My MFM insisted that the length was just fine. My Braxton Hicks this pregnancy are more frequent than my other pregnancy so just a lot of things adding to my anxiety/nerves. The good news is that I am past the date of my loss in the last pregnancy so I am counting that as my first small victory for this pregnancy.

raine87 - I'm so so sorry. Huge :hugs:

Klabro - A huge milestone for sure. Mine is coming up in a little over a week. :hugs:

Klabro that is a huge milestone!! And great news that things are looking stable too. Xx

Hi ladies, I'm halfway now :yipee: we had the 20 week scan on Friday and all is looking absolutely perfect! It was such a relief. Baby was very active the whole time :haha: I thought maybe they were because I still have an anterior placenta but I feel quite a bit. Baby is also breech at the moment so that might by why I can feel things low down too? Still have quiet days when it's just around 10 kicks/movements, but some days it's 70+ (I used a kick counter app one day just out of interest) I kinda went into nesting overdrive at the weekend - cleaning, tidying, organising and online shopping too! Feels good to get past that scan.

How is everyone else getting on?

Mrs Unicorn-congratulations on the halfway point! I feel movement really low down whether baby is head down or breech. Same with my whole pregnancy with my DD though, so just seems to be the norm for me in pregnancy.

Had my 22 week appointment today with a cervical measurement of 3.5 so things are looking nice and stable so far. One step closer to my first goal of 24 weeks!

Mrs. Unicorn - that's awesome that you get so much movement. I have an anterior placenta too and at 24 weeks I'm lucky to get 10 a day!

Klabro - yay for staying steady with the cervical measurement. So close to V-day!

afm - I had a check up today and all looks perfect. I am however suffering a great amount of pain in what I can only describe as my pubic bone. It's crippling, it feels like I've been kicked in the groin. The doctor says it's just stretching and there is no relief from it but I've made it this far 3 times before and never been in this much discomfort.

Sweet v - I get quiet days too. Hopefully in a few weeks time (and a few more for me) we'll both be feeling lots of stronger movements. Sorry to hear about the pain. As a FTM I don't really have any advice. I can't believe your doc didn't offer any suggestions of what might ease it.

Klabro - great news that all is looking good. I hope you are starting to get some comfort and confidence from it? Just over a week till v-day for you!!

How is everyone doing? I tend to be pretty quiet on the boards between my check ups right now. I had a cervical check on Monday and everything was stable. They want to do one more check this upcoming Monday and as long as it's still stable they won't do anymore checks as I'll be over 24 weeks. At that point I'll just have to watch for any signs or symptoms of PTL and be proactive if I don't feel right. I'm a little nervous about going to regular OB care, but It will mean I made it to 24 weeks :)

yey for being 24 weeks, klabro!! Such good news all round for you! I understand you feeling nervous about not seeing the same doc's each week, but you can always make an appointment straight away if you feel something isn't quite right. And I'm sure they would make you a priority.

AFM - I'll be 22 weeks this weekend. Feeling this little wriggly baby so much now which I love! I've been so so tired though, I sleep 11 hours each night but still feel wiped out. I had my iron levels checked this week as I used to be anaemic. After the appointment I checked my blood results from the test done at 8w and they were low then. I'm a bit annoyed with my mw about that as they are flagged up with !!! but she never mentioned it. Anyway, she recommended some iron rich water to take regardless of the results of the new test. Part of the fatigue might be that I haven't had any time off since August so I'm desperate to finish for Christmas, roll on the 22nd!

I've been dealing with a lot of family drama and just generally being busy at work. Pregnancy wise every thing is good. Started in on our registry so that family can just use that for Christmas presents. My most recent appointment was this last Wednesday. He kept kicking the doctor away when she was trying to get his heart rate. Already being more obnoxious than necessary!

klabro - glad to hear that everything is stable. I hope your check this week is good! Hopefully your regular OB will understand if there are any reasons you feel you need to be seen right away.

mrs unicorn - I'm exhausted too! I get enough sleep at night but still feel wiped half way through the day. I'm eligible for leave in January but trying to work as long as possible so holding out until mid February at this point. If the exhaustion continues I may have to cut out earlier than anticipated though

Hi ladies, not such a great update this week. My length dropped to being between 2.2-2.8 varying measurements. Basically yes, it is short and puts me at risk for pre term birth, but I'm past the cut off time for getting a cerclage. For now they are scheduling me for another length check in 2 weeks and will determine if any further treatment is needed from there. If it's drastically shortened in those 2 weeks we will start talking about steroid shots to help develop her lungs etc. I'm really hoping for a stable measurement and that I can make it to at least 32-34 weeks minimum.

Klabro I'm sorry to hear that. Everything was going so well, but it's great that it has because it's got you past v day and beyond. I really hope that it doesn't shorten anymore and that baby stays snuggled in there for much much longer. It's great that they can help baby out though if they were to arrive early. They can do some amazing things can't they?

I'm sorry to hear this update! Are you trying to keep the weight off your cervix? Lots of laying down with your feet up. It's not a guarantee but it certainly can't hurt. Mine was only 3cm on Tuesday but they didn't seem too concerned.
The steroids are a great way to help out baby when needed. I will probably be talking about them at either my next visit or the one after. They can be a little hard on you though. I hope at the worst your length is exactly the same next week. Best case shows longer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->