March/April Spring Rainbows

That's great news! Still not feeling any movement over here but an anterior placenta was confirmed at my scan with little girl wiggling away.

sweetv-did your cervical measurements fluctuate like that at all? I'm glad it got longer, it does not appear to change under pressure right now so that is good too.

Klabro that is great news! It must be a relief. Fx it stays at a good length for you.

Sweet v - hope you start to feel baby move soon. I had an anterior placenta at 12weeks. Gotta wait till 20 for my next scan but I'm guessing I'll know if it's moved or not by then by if I can feel baby or not.

I have an anterior placenta too, but I can feel some kicks and rolling now. I can tell when she shifts positions and I can feel the kicks low down here or there. Although the feelings aren't as frequent this time but I have been feeling something a couple times a day within the last week.

It scares me that I can't feel anything at all but they said not to worry for a few more weeks.
klabro - my cervical measurements fluctuated usually around .5 cm or so depending but as long as it was above 3.5 they weren't concerned. I think they stopped measuring it completely at 28 weeks but I still went for biweekly scans without the internal for cervix length.

Good afternoon, ladies!

Hope everyone is doing well. We just got home from our fall break adventures to Disney World, Dallas and Scotland (wierd combo, I know). Then MFM and OB appts on Mon and Tues.

Nuchal translucency scan came back normal, and baby is a regular acrobat whose new move is arching backwards and turning over. Always fun to get more pictures. Also did a Harmony blood screen for chromosome testing. That means the results will be definitive on sex.

We told our 6yo last night and he is over the moon. Everything is now about the baby! We have not told him with any of the previous, since I never made it out of the first trimester before (besides him).

I got reacquainted with my new OB. The only time I had met him previously was when I went to the ER for my ectopic and my dr at the time was out of town. I think he will be a great partner in this journey. He's already offered to let me come in every two weeks instead of four, for peace of mind.

Those of you who are at the front end of our group should be hitting half way soon. Does everybody know (or are you finding out) sex. I know a couple have so far.

Warm happy thoughts for you all!

Hi ladies, how is everyone doing?

I felt baby for the first time yesterday :yipee: I've been feeling fluttery bubbly things on and off for a while but was never sure if it was really baby. But I was lay down with my (cold) hands pressed on my tummy and baby kicked me twice!!! It scared me at first, it was so weird! Not felt anything today though, guess it's a touch early for regular movements. We also bought the pram and car seat this week as it was on offer - things feel like they are getting real now!!

Nana - we are team yellow, have you found out what you're having yet?

Hey ladies!! We had our ultrasound today. We're having a.............BOY! They said everything looked good.

Nana-glad you had a clear NT scan...and YAY for telling your son! My daughter has started talking about her baby sister all the time. Still makes me slightly nervous, but as the weeks tick away for my "danger zone" I'll get calmer about it all.

Mrs. Unicorn-That is awesome that you felt movement!! I've felt lots of movement, some of it is even painful already. Baby girl is breech so her feet and bum are in my bladder area and she definitely has her fun prodding and kicking away there.

Raine-A boy! Congratulations that is so exciting!!

AFM- My cervix measured longer at my 19 week check so that was good. We have almost all of my anatomy checked off and everything looks good with her. They aren't in any rush to get it all since I have weekly ultrasounds, I think the only thing they haven't been able to check off is her spine and that is because she is breech. I know she hasn't flipped out of breech position yet, because I can feel her when she rolls and she hasn't rolled over again. I'm nervous for my scan on Monday because it is the exact gestation I was at with the twins when we found out my cervix was completely effaced. Hoping that my long measurement last week is a sign that its going to go well though. Still getting my weekly progesterone shots, they don't bother me at all like they do some so I feel pretty lucky there.

Raine that's great news! A healthy baby boy. :)

Klabro- I hope your ultrasound d goes well on Monday. I can only imagine how difficult it is to reach that same gestation again and hoping all is well. At least you are being monitored well ND have had perfect news so far. I'll pray that continues for you.

I feel movement pretty low on a regular basis. My worries are less now that I consistently feel movement. My Dr now does the anatomy scan between 22-23 weeks so I don't get one until end of this month. Thankfully we decided to be team yellow or it would really be killing me.

This pregnancy seems to be driving and yet flying by. I haven't prepared a single thing so I feel behind. Honestly I probably won't even start u til the first of the year.

Anyway, hope you all are feeling well. I still get periods of nausea but that k fully they are short.

Raine - congratulations on a boy!!! :blue::blue::blue: have you started thinking about names yet? Also, did you manage to tell your grandpa first?

Klabro - that is fantastic news about you cervix! Next week will be tough for you I'm sure, getting past those big milestones isn't easy. I'm hoping, like you, that this longer measurement is a great sign for you.

Kazy - yey for regular movement. I cannot wait for that! Although everyone tells me I'll regret saying saying once baby is so big I'm being booted in the ribs/bladder! And you have plenty of time to get things ready. Our plan was to start buying stuff after Christmas- I'm just impatient!! We actually don't have that much.

Raine- congrats on the boy!!! My 6yo is my heart (and yet tries to stop it on a regular basis with his shenanigans !)

Kazy- I'd love to being feeling baby, even if it means getting kicked. Right now, my "morning" sickness continues and is even getting a little worse, so I guess that's my clue that everything is going ok...
Klabro- it didn't take me long at all for my little one to spread word far and wide at school and the neighborhood. He is asking lots of fun questions. Hasn't made me crazy yet. Still 6 more months for that. I'm glad you continue to get good news from your doctor. I know those milestones mean so much!!

Mrs. Unicorn- My big news is that I'm not on team yellow any more. My SIL hosted a gender reveal for us last night. I got genetic testing back Tuesday, but had them call her with gender. IT'S a GIRL!!

I personally would've been happy either way, but hubby said since we have NO girl stuff at all, he was sure that's what it would be. The 6 yo, not so happy. He pouted at the party and then spent an hour hysterically crying at about 2am. He was a little better this morning, but decided when he said he wanted a little sister or brother, he more meant brother.

Besides that, I am scheduled for biweekly appts with my OB, have a comprehensive scan at the end of the month with MFM. My due date is technically April 30, so a scheduled csection would be a week ahead of time. I'm already measuring ahead of that though (& closer to my estimated date based on ovulation which is about 4 days sooner). We won't be able to schedule anything until we get much closer anyways, so I just take it day by day. For now, I will work on enjoying my current little one and making him feel as special as he is!

nana - glad your scan went well and I hope your 6 yo comes around to having a sister.

mrs unicorn - I love shopping for baby stuff! I already have my stroller and I bought a double one last month as I think my older baby will still need it for a while. Also yay for feeling baby move!

raine - congrats on team BLUE! I love my boys!

klabro - good luck for your scan on Tuesday. I hope the anxiety eases a little having made it past a difficult milestone.

Kazy - good for you for staying team yellow! I wish I had the patience for that!

AFM - we finally told our kids last night. I was really worried they wouldn't take the news so well but they are REALLY excited which is awesome. Now the only people left are my in laws. I'm still not feeling regular movement which is driving me crazy but I do have another scan on Tuesday so hopefully that will tide me over for the next few weeks. I also bought a huge bin of girl clothes today and I'm on :cloud9:. It's starting to feel so real but also starting to hit me that this will be my last baby.

Nanajoy- congrats on a girl!! Nice that you get to go and buy a whole new load of stuff too :haha: and bless your boy. It made me giggle hearing his reaction, poor love. I'm sure he'll be delighted when he finally gets to meet his little sister.

Sweet - glad your kids are happy about the new addition. I guess it can be quite nerve wracking not knowing how they will react! Good luck for your scan next week.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! I was able to tell my grandpa before anyone else got to him.

oh that's lovely raine, glad you got to him first this time!

I had a rough weekend, I almost passed out :nope: I started to feel sick, then like the blood had drained from my head, then my vision started to go. Luckily I remembered that you are supposed to bend over and put your head down, so I quickly did that and my vision came back. I've seen the doc since and she said it sounds like it was a sudden drop in blood pressure. I've had episodes of low bp in the past so I thought it was that - luckily it's back in a normal range now. Scary though!

mrs unicorn - that sounds scary! I use to get very faint when I was pregnant with my eldest but it didn't happen in my subsequent pregnancies. I have felt very out of breath lately though which I'm worried will be a precursor to feeling dizzy.

Raine-Congrats on a boy!!

Nanajoy-Congrats on a girl! Her brother will come around haha. My daughter was thrilled that we are having a girl, but then she said "but is she going to try to wear my dresses?". I told her I didn't think it would be an issue with an almost 5 year age difference.

SweetV-so happy to hear your kiddos took the news well! Makes it so much more real when they are involved.

Mrs. Unicorn-I get faint sometimes during pregnancy too just like what you are describing. Luckily now I can identify it right when it is happening and can usually get myself sorted before it gets too bad. I tend to get it when I'm not pregnant every once in a while too and I always attribute it to blood pressure.

AFM: I had my scan on Monday and my cervix was measuring 3.2-3.4 which is still in normal range. When I inquired about the drop from last week my normal ultrasound tech (who I did not have last week) said that after looking at last weeks ultrasound it looks like I was having a Braxton Hicks during the cervical check which made my cervix appear extra long. I was so irritated by this because it was never mentioned to me during that appointment so I just went on thinking I had an extra long cervix all week when it sounds like that probably wasn't the case. Not that it wasn't long and closed, but that measurement was just inaccurate. Which also means that I don't really have a baseline measurement from last week to compare to. So I don't know if my length shortened or stayed the same or what. Just all kind of frustrating when you are watching your cervical length so closely. The MFM's weren't concerned because obviously my length is still within normal range, but it just doesn't do much for my piece of mind to not know what happened between those 2 weeks. Especially when I am in my "critical period".

klabro - that doesn't sound right at all. Contractions would cause the muscle to contract and then relax, which would make the cervix change measurements, which would then make it harder to measure if not appear shorter....? Definitely not an ultrasound tech or a doctor so maybe I'm totally off. It is normal for them to be off a bit so perhaps different techs had different measurements.

My MFM and tech told me that the Braxton hicks can cause the uterus to pull back in a way that would make the cervix appear longer...I am not really sure what happened there, I do know that the tech measured completely different than my normal techs do so I think that the measurement was definitely just off anyways, but I'm just not sure by how much or why. It of course makes me more nervous for my appointment on Monday and just to see if there is any change or if 3.4-3.2 is just my standard measurement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->