March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Yeah anyone who wants to facebook me look up my screenname at gmail.

Loo want to switch? E won't do anything BUT feed. He takes each side for 20 minutes then falls asleep and 20 minutes later wants to do it again. (We had been down to 10 minutes per side every three hours) I sure hope we get a growth spurt out of this.

WT, congrats on your tooth! Lol, you know what I mean.

Sorry about the terrible nights. We slept all right but only because G conned me into letting her sleep in bed with us all night.

I'm starting to hate our mattress. It has a memory foam pillow top and there's a giant hump in the center. So feeding from the left, I have to keep myself from rolling on the baby, and from the right I have to keep her from rolling on me. Why is everything made so badly these days? Our old mattress was brilliant. And from what I've seen online, the warranty won't cover our issues. Grr.

Must not complain of being too hot...must NOT complain of being too hot... :dohh:
Happy four months Z!! Love the fact he charmed the HV!
Glad roh is but better!
N feeding a LOT today, it's exhausting...and my neighbour is doing CC with her 6 week old. It's a very sad sound :(

WT congrats on the tooth! E keeps gumming my finger pretty hard but nothing's poked through yet. I'm expecting early teeth, I had 12 by my first birthday! I also had most of my adult teeth by first grade.

Mouse - I have mattress issues too. My husband had a memory foam mattress (bob's brand) I HATED it. I always woke up with sore shoulders. Now we're back in my pillowtop mattress but it sags a little bit in the middle and it's a full sized so if E is in the bed with us it gets pretty crowded. My mom said if we get a bigger bed she'll take this one back (the frame was my grandmother+grandfather's wedding present) I asked her if she wanted to trade, she has a king sized bed and lives alone (well besides three cocker spaniels). I'm just afraid of a king sized bed taking up the whole room.

We have a king sized bed with a foot wide ledge (shin-crippler!!!) all the way round. It takes up most the room, especially with the cot attached to the side! However, bedrooms are for sleeping in, so what else do I need to fit in there? :shrug: We also have nearly £3000 of handmade mattress on it, which is quite honestly the most amazing mattress I've ever slept on, I love it. Its extra firm, and every other bed just feels like a horrible spongy mess now! (We didn't buy the mattress, we inherited it along with the bed).

Waula, ouch, CC at 6 weeks! :shock: that's a tad harsh in my opinion. I did it with Roh, but he was 11 and 15 months the 2 times we did it. Worked brilliantly, but before 6 months I understand its not reccommended. :shrug:

Oh, and having moaned about the weather for ages, I can't moan again, but Waula, yes, today I sat there thinking "hmm, is it a bit too hot to take the kids out?" :dohh: Officially loving it myself though! The one benefit of living underground!

WT - Even though the twins are Late term preemies shouldn't you still adjust so that they should only be hitting 4 months now? Thus the 4 months regression?

Ha ha ha, Skadi! I love that logic and am going to go with it. That's much easier to swallow than the thought that they are inherently bad sleepers who are luring mommy into bad habits. :thumbup: :haha:

Waula/Emera- How hot are you talking? I'm so sick of hot weather. It's currently 95 (35) here. Yuck. Anything under 90 (32) and I'd be basking in it!! :coolio:

well lads, my memory isnt what it used to be haha!

Yesterday i missed Gs jab appt...!!! :dohh: didnt even croxx my mind till this morning. But he is booked in for monday now anayway so all sorted.

then i forgot i was going on a picnic today with other mummies and hadnt made anything! Luckily i had the ingredients for Mitchs Cookies.... so they saved the day!.... they all loved them!

anyway - sorry to all the lads and babies which are not sleeping well. G was funny last night. so ur not alone xxx

Im NOOOOT moaning about the weather; but DARN this is hot :haha:

My 30 day shred dvd hasnt arrived yet.. i need it to re-boost myself... ive had three of mitchs cookies today... THREE!!! :dohh:

WT - in my neck of the woods it was 31degrees today.... and the prob is over here, its MUGGY!

i went out in it for 2 hours yesterday and even though i have olive skin - i burnt. Oops.

WT, technically your boys and G should be exactly the same in terms of driving their mommies crazy. :haha:

WT its been 30 degrees here today which is proper hot for the UK. Its 22 degrees in my cave though which is really pleasant, and my garden is shady all day. :). Its just going out at street level that I'm not keen on, well, not in the middle of the day anyway!

Yeah its soooooo hot for us. But its not like lovely California heat, its horrible sweaty damp heat. I love it though. Our garden is covered by mega trees so we have lovely dapply shade all day.

I agree about the middle of the night friends. I have to take my phone or I fall asleep in my rocking chair at the moment.

Has anyone else's baby started doing what t does? When I get him to feed him in the middle of the night he doesn't open his eyes but he opens his mouth like a little bird and grabs whatever he can as soon as he can and tries to latch on all desperatly. So cute.

I've made an appointment with a nappy lady fir next week. Yay. She knows I'm on a budget and even has some preloved ones. X

Im not complaining about the heat, but then it's not as hot up north! Actually wish it was warmer, I thought it was going to rain this afternoon as we had a huge black cloud!
Y evening routine that was going nicely has gone to pot the last few nights, it's taking me 2 hours to get him down in a feeding, winding, poo & wake up cycle. He looks exhausted but won't give in!

omg G is soooooooooo tired but everytime i lay him in cot he S.C.R.E.A.M.S

As soon as i pick him up he's asleep on me.

i wonder whats going on.

Poor G! Could he be extra hungry? (My) G is literally eating every two hours during the day.

We should start the Four Month Sleep Regression Matrons' Support Society.

he feeds every 2 hours anyway LOL so i dont think hes hungry, i even tried to feed him but he fell asleep straight away

missy - im so unsure as to whether he is teething. but i dont THINK so. but maybe

or maybe its this weather....

It's been down right lovely here lately. After high 90s(36ish) with humidity above 60% for the past month I'm chilling at 88°(31c) 47% humidity! It's supposed to drop to the low 80s this weekend!

I'm joining in with the naughty food too FT...pizza/salad for tea followed by an enormous portion of gooseberry syllabub. Like two mountainous bowls. Delicious. But not healthy.
Emera i agree with you about CC. Makes me very sad. She's got her on a really strict routine and she just cries and cries... I just want to sneak in there and cuddle her. Sad :(
30 degrees here too and sun trap garden apart from the bottom where's there's an enormous damson tree. Like lying under it with N man.
Right, time to groom the dogs and get the lawn cut. Resembling a field! And yes, I've remembered to charge the monitor this time so will be able to hear N (still haven't forgiven myself!!!)
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"