March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Roh's temp down a bit at the last check, yay! :). Hope it keeps heading down. F couldn't handle the 5 mins I was out of the room apparently and went nuts whilst I was with Roh!? :wacko:

Thanks everyone for thinking of Roh! :hugs: xxx

Yikes Emera, hopefully he keeps recovering well.

Well. We are having a good time in my house. She is feeding every 2 hours instead of 3 in the day and up ever 3 all night long. This is all complete with screamfests during the feed. I discovered that feeding her from my left boob makes her irate... either that or it hurts her?! I don't know what this is - 4 month regression, teething, growth spurt, insanity setting in... but she is driving me crazy.

Here's hoping for a better night for Roh now. How frightening for you Emera.

Well I thought we were getting past the regression thing but barely a nap yesterday and she's been up the past hour and a half feeding and not settling. I dont know if she's too hot or just dreamt want to sleep but I'm starting to despair I dont have any milk left to give.

Sounds like most of us are going through the 4 month growth spurt/sleep regression/19 week wonder week. I'm not sure why I'm getting sleep regression as I've only had one good night ro regress from but nevermind.
Been up every 2 hours again and seems hungry each time. Getting him weighed tomorrow so I hope hes put on a decent amoubta after these last awful couple of weeks!

Ahhhhhh sorry to all the nonsleeping lads. Emera, I hope rohs temp is better.

I'm so ruddy tired.

Oh, no! Poor lads! At least we all have each other and know we're not alone.

Smiley, hope D is feeling better.

Ergh, I could so just leave F under a bush for the animals to raise her today! She's been awake since 12.45am :shock: I just want her to go to sleep!! Sodding OH is such an arse. I asked him to check Roh's temp etc. Before he went to work, and he went in woke Roh up, chatted to him and was all like"let's go see mummy!" Argh! Noo! Let's get some bloody sleep for once!! :shock: so, I made him put Roh back to bed, cue lots of crying as he was confused and thought he was getting up. The result being that F started screaming again when I'd JUST managed to almost get her to doze off! :dohh: so, had a go at OH who has stormed off to work with much door slamming. Joy, just what ii needed after 30 mins sleep. What an a-hole!!

Man, what crap nights.

Emera, I'm so sorry you're having such a bad time with Duracell F. Your OH being all bright and waking roh up was a baaad move.

MrC is fulfilling the NW version of the less than helpful OH having contributed to keeping me awake, he's pissed off early to work. This means a mighty loooong day with a crotchety E. Praying E will sleep some more as I'm desperate for a nap but she's currently having a cradle based meltdown.

hugs to all the lads who had bad nights and unhelpful OHs

we are off to the beach today with the NCT lot which should be fun

im still wallowing in my self-pity about the house situation. checked online again and there is one we could look at but its £50k more (we cant afford) and smaller and in a less prestigous address!! aaah. i just hate it.

hope R feeling a bit better and that F is a good girl for you. maybe she will have a nice long nap and you can catch a winks at the same time.

sounds like everyones babies are upping the feeding so perhaps there is a growth spurt coming?

Well, feel a bit better now I'm cuddled up on the sofa with Roh, who slept until 8.30am and I managed to settle F down at 7.30am, so I snatched 45 minutes sleep! :dance: have a nice cup of coffee and the sun on my back, so could be worse. Thinking about txting OH and apologising, not that I think I'm the one who needs to apologise, but from experience it just makes life easier if I pretend I'm wrong as often as possible. Male ego damage just leads to more grumping!! :haha:

And not that I wish a crappy night on anyone, but it doesn't half make you feel better to know you're not alone eh? :hugs:

Love you lads! X

Oh yes, seeing your names reading the thread at 3am was very comforting.

Glad you managed a more chilled morning Emera!

E did go back to sleep, for 2.5 hours and for once, instead of doing things, I slept too.....bliss.

Hope everyone has an easier day.

Morning ladies

Emera - What a day night you've had of it - hope roh is on the mend

E slept a little better last night but was cooing at 630 and refused to go back down another day as a zombie then
L xx

Emera, I think I'm going to leave D with F under that bush. She won't feed!!! She unlatches every 10-15 seconds. Gah!!!!!! I'm so frustrated! I'm dreading the next feed.

So pleased that you lads are here. You keep me sane (ish)

Afternoon all,

Bluebird - I did go on Sunday in the end and got his photo taken, but I'm supposed to go back Sunday and we're down south for a week from Friday.
Loo - if you might pass Stockport tesco on Sunday let me know!

Got him weighed this morning, 15lb2 so tracking the 50th line. Asked HV about sleep and they think it's possibly wind building up all day and becoming unbearable at night so suggested either more massage during the day, gripe water, keep the infacol, cooled boiled water etc. so I'll give the infacol til the end of this week which will be 2 weeks and then switch to gripe water of that doesn't work. It didnt help last time but that was a few weeks ago. I'm also off the dairy but had a scone yesterday, oops! Figured as DH had given me milk in my tea id have to start again.

The trouble is he lies on the mat in the clinic grinning at the HVs so they're not worried as he seems so happy! Maybe when he's on solids it will get better, so only 2 months to go then :dohh:

Loving this weather! Except a black cloud has just appeared, bummer.

Lozza, glad that Z is a good weight and you don't have that as an extra worry. :hugs: The last week or so i've been having the same thing with F she's just really uncomfortable at night/evening, constantly straining and pulling her legs up. Its getting worse and worse, she did it all through the night last night and she's been doing it all morning too! :( If i find a solution i'll let you know!!!

Loo, maddening isn't it!? I just want to explode with frustration! Best thing to do, just relax, don't stress about the feeding. I find staying calm helps, stressing stops your letdown, so it can make matters alot worse, as your milk won't flow as fast, then likely she'll fuss and stop feeding etc etc... Try finding a really quiet spot and lying down with D and then when/if she's calm offer a feed, but don't feel like she has to feed. I find i get more and more stressed, then eventually realise i'm making things worse and calm right down, it's always then that F will finally have a good feed. I'm sure my tension contributes to it!

Roh is seeming a fair bit better, his temp is more normal, and he's having a really good nap. Yay! :dance: Hope he stays well, i get so upset when they are ill! :(

F is having a nap finally too. She slept 10pm-12.45am and then 7.30am-9.30am, and then 1pm- now, and that's all the sleep she's had in the last 24 hours! :shock:

OH hasn't answered my txt, hope he's not all stroppy when he comes home. A calm sensible evening would be lovely right now! Stupid drama, i like the boring days!! :haha:

Male ego damage just leads to more grumping!! :haha:

So true.

Last night was marginally better. At midnight, P had a little scream fest. I persisted with the paci for awhile, but the only way to take care of it was to pick him up and cuddle back to sleep in bed with me. One hour hour later and K did the exact same thing. So, at that point, I had both babies in bed with me (which I really want to avoid doing). They woke up at 3:30 to eat and then went back to sleep. P woke up at 5:00 coughing so brought him to bed with me. K woke up at 6:00 so decided to feed them both and then get ready for work. :shrug:

They're 5 months old today. So shouldn't the 4 month regression be over? :winkwink:

Wt - I seriously don't know how you manage the disturbed sleep AND work, I would be asleep at my desk!
Kym - shame you're not coming to the uk :-(
Loo - z does the fussy feeding thing too. Encouragingly he also did it with a full bottle so I don't think it's down to lack of milk. I looked at the Kelly mom website and it talks about fussiness being normal. Still annoying though.

Lozza- Coffee is the only way I survive. And then I look at the picture in my profile and I just get all squishy and melty and realize that in the snap of a finger they'll be grown and won't want to cuddle at all.

I just hope I don't screw them up too badly in the meantime. :dohh:

BTW... to our recently outed quiet March Mamas. If and when you feel comfortable "meeting" any March Mamas on FB... don't be shy about asking.

Oh!! I can't believe I forgot to mention this. P has a tooth! Or at least one tip of a tooth. He started biting down really hard on my knuckle, and I could feel something, so I peeked and sure enough, it's poking through the gum now. The weird thing is that I was expecting K to have the first tooth. P doesn't drool half as much as K, and P doesn't gum everything in site like K. Just goes to show that the "signs" of teething are sometimes deceptive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->