March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Sorry, Cuppie! Hope it works out for you.

Well, yesterday was a bear day but then we had a lamb night, thank God. She slept 9-3, fed without incident, and is still sleeping at almost 10. Can't remember if I put her back in her bed at all or just let her stay in with me.

I'm wondering if the fries I ate the day before yesterday were cooked in soybean oil.

Do think she's teething a bit, though. And the four month thing. Also probably thirsty from the heat... Poor baby!

Ergh, had such nice plans for the day! All went a bit wrong when I realised Roh wasn't right. Had a bit of a temp so gave him calpol and put him to bed. He woke up a little better. Then an old work colleague I worked with years ago randomly knocked on the door. We parted on bad terms as we both went for the same internal vacancy, and I got the job over him, which he didn't take very well, to say the least! So, about the last person I expected to appear on my door step!! Anyway, it was vaguely nice to chat for 30 mins I suppose. Then went in the garden but Roh wasn't happy, so gave some nurofen and then took his temp after an hour, which was nearly 41 degrees!!! :shock: so abandoned everything and ran to the doctors, and Roh passed out on the way! :( Doc checked him and we cooled him down but he was totally confused and upset, horrible! Then he was sick on the way home. :( just chucked him in a cold bath when we got home and he perked up pretty quickly. Wondering if its the start of chicken pox. Guess we will see in the next few days. :shrug:
Gaah, this always happens, once they get ill wth one thing, they get everything one after another! Just hoping F doesn't get it right away, not sure if I can handle both of them with it together! :wacko:

Sorry, all a bit me me me! :(

Cuppie, really sorry about the house. :hugs:

Oh, Emera! No fun for you, and poor little Roh. :( Hope it doesn't get passed to F too quickly.

Poor Roh! :hugs:

Cuppie - that's so annoying about the house, hope your letter has an impact, worth a try anyway.

Right, tanking Z full of food again. So far he's had 4oz ebm at 5pm, has just finished a 200ml carton of hungry baby formula and bf for another 5 minutes. If he can't sleep for longer after this I don't know what will work! I think he's a bit thirstier in this heat, he's fed every couple of hours today. I've also burped him every 2 oz so he shouldn't have too much wind!!!

Edit - wow, 2,000 posts from me, I only joined the board a year ago, can tell I wasn't busy at work!

Lozza, have some cake :cake: really hope Z does ok tonight

Cuppie :hugs: that's really hard. :hugs:

Poor Roh! Lots of cuddles, and fx it doesn't turn into anything

Well today we measured D's head and length. Her length measured on the 75th percentile, her head measured on about the 80th (!), so bearing in mind that her weight is on the 2nd centile, it appears that we have a lollipop for a daughter. Fabu.

She ad her jabs today. Doesn't appear too phased by them again. Fx for a good nights sleep again!

poor Roh! sounds scary

thanks for the house sympathies, got the demoralising task of house hunting now. i just dont think we are going to get something with the same space.... cry

WT - no contract yet, in uk everything is agreed informally then investigations are made by solicitors and then contracts are exchanged.

glad jabs ok for D, R has his on friday

Yeah the system in the uk is horrible for buyers. People can drop out at any second (even if you've spent thousands on having surveys etc). Poor you cupcake. Its so horrible. :-(

Poor roh too! That must have been scary.

Me and oh sorted stuff out. (I deleted my post so I think emeras sympathy towards me looks weird).

X

Hi lads,
Cuppie big hugs...sorry and hope you get things sorted...sometimes these things have a way of working out for the best in the end x
FT mad for Zumbaing. Totally sweaty here!
Missy glad things better with OH (did wonder what emera meant!)
Emera! Omg poor roh! 41 is HOT! Never rains but pours does it! Hope he's better in te morning x
Loo lollipop head? Catchy :)
Lozza fingers crossed for tonight!!! Greedy little man! X
WT fingers crossed for better sleep tonight xx
Bloody knackered here...all hot and bothered and can't be bothered to make tea :( cheese on toast happening here. Friend from miles away popped in unexpectedly at bath/bed time and chattered very loudly throughout so N did not want to feed/sleep... It's so easy to spot a person without kids hey! :dohh:
One of NCT girls is splitting up with her husband. Very sad :( I don't think anyone expected the pressure having a LO has on a relationship...

Oh no Waula ! Splitting up already? That is so sad. How horrible. Is it mutual? People are so silly, all loud at bed time.

Yeah...naughty loud people disturbing the peace!!!!
Very sad for her, from what she says he seems to be having a bit of a neurotic breakdown. Seems very jealous. Very sad for them all. :(

Missy - I wondered too, but glad everything is now ok!
Waula - how awful for them. I actually think having Z has brought us more together, maybe being in the spare room helps, we're not both exhausted. When DH is tired he's really grumpy so the fact he sleeps is much better for me!

As for the tanking... He lasted a whole hour & 20 minutes, rubbish. After half an hour of cry, fall asleep, put in cot, cry repeat I had to feed him again. Surely he cant have been hungry? Be honest, have I been starving him? He left half nam ounce of the ebm at 5pm so I assumed was full up to that point?

HI LADS! Stopping in as the little man is passed out on my chest.
I hope sleep regressions and sicknesses pass quickly.
I love the wedding talk and photos. I still don't have our wedding album. We had a friend do our photography which I actually regret. She took really nice photos but missed a lot (close ups of my flowers and all the decorations I made, pictures of all the guests....)

My dog is on Prozac now, nothing too exciting with her (YAY!)

Eliott is growing like crazy. His 4 month appointment is next week because we're going to a folk fest this weekend. Camping with cloth diapers! Wish me luck on that one.

I was hanging out with a friend who has been saying she never wants kids. A day of playing with Eliott and she's talking about having her own. He's a good spokesperson for babies!

Cupcake - How did you get your nappy ticker? I went to that site but it wouldn't let me make one.

Oh yeah, we're not moving to England, apparently the site has too many issues right now.

kym - good luck with the camping (id be tempted to use sposies...)

i got my ticker from the cloth nappy tree, i had to register first and then made one. don't think it is that accurate though because i need to update how many cloth nappies i use a day. i think it is overestimating at the moment.

lozza - sometimes they like to feed to make themselves fall asleep (or at least R does, if he has fed but cant sleep then he just feeds until he sleeps, i feel his body relax in my arms when he feeds) alternatively he could be hungry? i guess they wouldnt take in milk if they didnt want it?

i didnt have enough milk for this evenings feed. he kept bobbing off each breast and getting upset. i was getting annoyed and kept trying to wind him (usual cause for bobbing) but when i felt my breasts they were extremely soft and floppy and empty. i gave him a bottle of ebm and he gobbled it down and then promptly fell asleep. feel a bit of a bf failure. its the first time its happened. i wonder if him sleeping through the night is causing my supply to drop?

Missy I edited my sympathy so I don't look so mad! ;). Glad its sorted. X

Waula, sað about your nct lady. :( know a few couples who haven't made it through the first year. Becoming a parent is a pretty brutal test of character and relationship solidity. I agree with Lozza's set up, OH gets to sleep, and therefore stays sane and vaguely supportive! Men REALLY can't handle tiredness!

Poor Roh is sooo hot! :shock: its horrible. Under instructions from the doctor I'm having to alternate calpol and neurofen every 2 hours to try and control his temp. :( its still going well over 40 degrees for the last 30 mins between doses. F has decided tonight was a good night to refuse to sleep, then totally meltdown about 1 hour ago. Ergh. Tough parenting day, my head is banging! Right, off to sleep, up at 12 for Roh's next dose. :sleep:

Lozza :shrug: i'm sure you haven't been starving him... Does he want to cluster feed do you think in the evenings?? Can't believe he can knock back a full carton and then still be hungry...sorry it's not improving...did you try the dairy free thing again? What's the status with dr/osteopath? Glad you and DH doing ok...me and DH had a tough few months but we're a LOT better now (combo of him liking being a daddy more and me not being quite so tired) but it was a grumpy few months for us :(

Emera poor you. Sicky babies are not fun. Bet this weather not helping him either :(
Completely agree about men being tired-free... I can cope with my tiredness but if we're both tired it's a completely snipey nightmare. X

Edit Cuppie hope your supply is ok... After doing his long(ish) stretch at night N def makes u for it in the morning by feeding every hour so I assumed the amount of milk in total was the same? :shrug:

Cuppie, if R is sleeping through then yes, your supply will drop, but you'll still produce on demand. If he's not getting enough milk then he'll automatically feed more often, which will signal to produce more. It can take a few days for the volumes to adjust though. :hugs: Hence the pre-growth spurt feeding frenzy, to boost supply. :)

Tried to get on here the other night - and the site was down for maintenance....

Some really lovely individual wedding pictures / stories - beautiful! (and the not so nice ones about your pics Emera....)

That video of the fish is crackin - the father is a bugger though!!

Feel for you Cuppie - hope the letter to the house owners works!!

Poor Roh..... he seems to have been in the war's a bit recently - hope he feels better soon! (and top marks for poo in the potty!!)

Good luck with the bonny baby comp Cuppie!! Lozza - sorry to have not responded -realise it's too late now, but the queue wasn't too bad at Tesco last week.... How did you go on? Going back on Wednesday to see how the pics turned out.... not holding my breath for anything decent / nice ones due to the fact he just scowled at the photographer..... :haha:

Not sure if this is of any interest to the northern ladies - but received a letter about the Baby Show being back in Manchester 31st Aug - 2nd Sept.... It's on at the Event City (near the Trafford Centre) rather than the GMEX. If anyone visits the website - thebabyshow.co.uk - you can get two tickets for £16 by quoting BS869 - which is supposedly a saving of 40%

Hope Roh feels better quickly.

Sorry about the house Cuppie, if it doesn't work out I hope you can find something even better. Your real estate system over there sounds a bit scary.

Love the pics that have been posted, baby and wedding.

Wt hope the boys start sleeping again soon.

So glad D's jabs went well Loo.

Dagny got her shots today too and has been either crying or sleeping. Gave her some Tylenol awhile ago and decided on another nap so I'm hoping she won't wake up crying again. It was fun to find out that she weighs 13 lbs 11 oz and is 26 in. now though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->