March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Yum ft! I might buy the shred too! Gulp.

T is also not feeding that much. He's easily going 3 hours in the day time when he normally feeds way more frequently...

mMMMmmm maybe its normal then? i just assumed they would be thirstier.

G finally fed at noon and has now been asleep for 40 mins... thats more normal... lets keep this up lol :)

the bad thing is - ive just realised - that the past 40mins he's been asleep....ive been happily watching 'jake and the pirates' and 'curious george' :rofl:

Argh! Help! HOw do i get this baby to sleep. Yesterday = no naps at all. Today = no naps at all. Over-tired baby and mummy is getting seriously fed up!

Lozza- I had a blocked duct the other day so I did some research. Apparently dangle feeding is the go.. I managed to shift mine before that but worth a try.. In private lol..

Laura- all the things we try to get him to sleep

Music (Joshua radin- you got what I need is his fav)
Swaddle
Pacifier
Dark room
Soothing music
Laying down with him cuddling him
Singing
Rocking
Topping up his feed..

If none of those work I put him down for 10mins and try again after. Just keep repeating something till it works.. That's what I do.. He was screaming for an hour the other day and after the 3rd attempt he finally settled with a boob!

I also find he fights if his over tired.. You just have to persist! Hope something works soon!!

Also RE blocked ducts someone said to me to feed/express and at the same time use a wide tooth comb to gently comb your boob towards the nipple...? sounds weird but apparently works.

T just fed and is now napping. Yay. He rolled over from his back to his front yesterday for my mum and dad (while i was at the cinema!). Then last night every time i'd go in to check on him he was on his side all stretched and bent so in the end i put him on his front as he just looked so uncomfy. He slept well!

Laura - i cant really add to list above.... but have you tried putting her in pram and going for quick walk? really hope something works for you. G was the exact same the last two days :hugs:

OH YES! i totally forgot to say - G rolled onto his front yesterday..... same as T, missy! YAY for our little boys :) He hasnt done it today tho. I caught it on camera too :dance: shame he is butt naked tho :haha:

Im just having a smoked salmon and goats cheese bagel for lunch. so yum.

Yay FT! Our lads are so smart.

It sounds mean laura but if i ignore T (like if i'm busy doing something) for a few minutes he tends to conk out. (not if he's screaming obviously)

btw laura what is A dressed in.... i hv G in just his nappy now and he has REALLY relaxed, maybe she wont sleep cos she is hot.....

F isn't feeding more but is napping less!? :wacko:

food, had cheesy chips (crinkle cut :dance:) and a Costa coffee cooler for lunch. Butterscotch AD and choc sprinkle lolly now, and have potatoes baking for our bbq this evening! Pork and pepper peri-peri kebabs and chicken tikka kebabs marinating and coleslaw made. :munch:

Ft - that gnocchi recipe sounds lush, please post as I'm in need of new dinner ideas!

Sat here with a hot water bottle, hardly ideal weather and there's a guy coming to fix the black out blinds up any second. I don't dare start!
I don't own a comb (my hairs too thick!) but might try the hairbrush I remember Msc posting. Wouldluv, I've tried dangling but he doesn't seem to want to feed like that!

Laura - I have to make it dark usually now to get Z off as he's too into everything. Ir set the buggy up indoors so I put him in that, throw a towel over and start pushin on the spot! Not great for the carpet but seems to work. Either that or i feed him or go out for a walk.

lozza- its so easy. i use this recipe; but i add mince to it and a tad more sauce. feeds 4 i find, so always hv left overs

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4594/tomato-spinach-and-mascarpone-gnocchi

i made my own gnocchi as had only made it once before, but u can buy fresh gnocchi from tesco which is lush - https://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=258916028 - and only takes 3mins to cook. if u want to make ur own tho let me know and i will post recipe for that too xxx

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Im getting my period!!! :happydance: another piece of normality!!!! I hope they are still pain free though.....

im so pleased as i wanted a few before christmas when i hope we will TTC again :dance:

lol Congrats on AF then FT!

Mine are completely back to the way they were prior to pregnancy. I was kind of hoping for shorter cycles. Oh well.

my cycles were always 36 days on the dot. wonder if that will change. i hope not as i liked not having too many :haha:

Ft - yes please it's the idea of home made gnocchi im keen on, not that I know where I'd find time to make it so would probably end up buying it :dohh:
Oh and congrats on af! A year ago that would have been commiserations, amazing how the times gone. Happy 4 months G!

Morning:flower:

FT- glad af returned if that's what you were hoping for
Lozza- so sorry about the pain, I hope you feel better soon.
Laura- I hate when they get overtired. E does best if I lay her on our bed and feed her, sometimes I have to hold her arm down so she doesn't keep herself awake flailing it around.

Quick update:
E had her 4 month appt. yesterday- she's off the charts!!! 17 lbs. 6 oz and 26.5 inches.... her doctor said she is the size of a 6 month old:saywhat:

So we are officially introducing some food. She recommended it because I can't keep up with her hunger. We tried rice cereal and she loved it. :kiss: so cute.

Yay, good for you on the period FT!! I wouldn't mind mine back, so I knew when to bother testing!! However, I never really knew when to test before. My cycle has always been nuts, between 11-67 days, and I can have gaps of 3+ months when I just don't ovulate at all. :shrug: its genuinely a miracle I've had 2 children!! They are a bit more reliable if I lose weight, so hopefully when they come back I'll be slim enough to be able to predict! :)

OH is doing my head in!! I asked him to drill 12 holes at 10.30am so we could get this fence up and he's still fart-arsing about out there and has drilled a total of 8 holes, 6 of which were in the wrong place! :dohh: honestly, its always the same...he's really handy with diy, he knows how to do everything, and always does a good job, but it always takes about 100 times longer than needed and he makes it 100 times more difficult than it has to be! Because its drilling into concrete and masonry its too loud to have the kids out there so we've all been stuck in the house all day, Roh is climbing the walls! Gaah! Men!! He says it will take another 15 mins but I seriously doubt that's accurate! :dohh:

this is the recipe used for gnocchi hun
https://uktv.co.uk/food/item/aid/644906/displayVideo/hi

i used plain lour as was all i had, but u can get 00 or pasta flour in some tescos and sainsburys xx i found plain worked fine xx

kk- thats great that E is doing great size wise! enjoy weaning xxx

emera- men!!!

although i owe DH an apology. ive been crabby last two days.... and now i know why lol. before every AF i have two grumpy days-then im fine. so i know thats not changed! haha

:wacko: Missing loads here!!!

anyhoo - Happy 4 months Z and G :thumbup:
Lozza - sorry for the blocked ducked.....I can always come and 'milk you' :rofl:

Busy, busy with the girls at the moment :wacko: fun but tiring tidying/cooking/cleaning up after 3 kids :wacko:

No real update - J weighed 15lbs 8oz on Monday. We've started light weaning the last couple of days, just some creamed porridge in between first and 2nd feed....he loves it :shock: and totally got the hang of the spoon already! He had his 16 week vaccs on Tuesday = horrible but he was neither up nor down after them. He's managed to roll on his side but that's about it but is doing my head in by constantly wanting to stand up, it get's tiring after a while!

Also had my scan at the hospital and I've still got the cyst and it's still measuring over 6cm :nope: so not sure what will happen now, think I have to wait for the consultant to come back to me with plan of action :shrug:

That's it for now - Laters :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->