• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

March Rainbows 2016

Waiting is driving me crazy!!! Are you getting people asking constantly if you have had the bay yet? It's making me feel like kicking myself away until her shows up!! Haha.

Yes. My mom calls daily to see how I'm feeling. I don't mind too much, as she is my childcare when I am in labour. My in laws call a lot too. It gets annoying especially since I having sign since 36 weeks.

Yes! Including random friends from high school I haven't seen in 15 years!

I believe I have been in early labour since last night. Still slow going, but I guess that is just the way it is going to be. My cats have been extra attentive last night and today.

I am so glad it's not just me! I'm 40+5 today and going crazy! Of I hear one more old wives tale....

Wow that's so exciting allforthegirl. Are u contracting? I'm so unsure of what to expect when labour finally arrives.

I went into the hospital with contraction 3-5 min apart and they sent home as my cervix was closed.

Oh no. Have they stopped now??

I have my sweep tomorrow -
So glad as I have absolutely no signs!

I am not even favourable for a sweep....:sad1: And yes they pretty much just stopped all together.

Oh no that's so annoying!! Can't believe our bodies can trick us that bad. It's so cruel!!! We're your other babies late?

Only one was late. Two were induce 37 and 38 weeks, so don't know what they would gone to. And the other two were on time.

My rainbow baby is here! And he's a boy! Jeremy David was born on march 15th in a hurry into his Daddy's hands before the birth pool was even filled up. I called my husband him from work for 1:00 feeling like I was wasting his day cause it could be hours before I was in active labour, and thank goodness he called the doula at 2 cause again I thought it was way too early and I apologised for calling before she was needed. She's 20 minutes out of town and was here in 25. Then suddenly at 3pm I was in the middle of cooking stew while chatting to my doula and I got that labour flush and knew active labour had started.
Told them to start setting up the pool and was kicking myself for not doing it sooner and called my photographer and then holed myself up on the bedroom drinking labour tea and eating frozen grapes and bouncing on the birth ball. Photographer had been here about 10 mins when my doula's skills were very much needed applying counterpressure, massaging oils and helping me breathe deeply. I had about three big surges like that and then transition consisted of me shouting the pool wasn't going to be ready in time. With the next surge I said the baby was coming and my doula checked and could see the head so ran to get DH. 3 big pushes later (1 for head, 1 for shoulders and 1 for the rest of his body) and he was caught by his daddy about 3:45.
His sisters brought birthday cake when they came in to meet him (my 4yo made me buy a cake the day before and insisted it was for the baby's birthday tomorrow. So they both had a piece and then had a swim in the pool.

He weighs 3.6kg and is 54cm long. Almost exactly the same as my eldest and born two weeks earlier. No tearing - not even a graze - very minimal blood loss. Placenta took about an hour to come out which was awkward in the meantime as his cord was too short he only barely reached my breast. The placenta was so tiny too, but healthy looking and whole so no issues.

Congrats, NDH!

My rainbow baby is here too- Freya Dorothy born 16 March at 14:33 (about 24 hours after getting Propess inserted). She weighed 6lbs 11oz and is doing great! Hoping to go home tomorrow so will write more later!

Congrats on your little rainbows ladies! I'm jealous!!!

I had a sweep yesterday. Not much happening here, but still early. Have had a couple contractions, and they do feel different, but not something I am ready to say anything about, as my others were so different each false start.....

I had my sweep as well allforthegirl. Am feeling quite crampy but not contractions yet. I don't have high hopes! Have another booked for Monday and then induction on Tuesday!

My OB didn't talk about induction as he thinks I will go any day.....as I was 2cm 25% at the hospital the other night and 4cm 60% at the office yesterday. Have had a couple crampy type contractions recently but it feels a bit like I ate something wrong :haha: Could be me clearing out a bit, though nothing has come from it just yet. If things keep it up and getting strong this may be the day....but I need things to get really strong first before I take it serious :rofl:

Congrats on your rainbows Fezzle and NDH!

Not much longer for the rest of you ladies! I'll be stalking for updates.

Weston and I are doing well. Had a rough week as he was not gaining weight breastfeeding and was jaundice and had to do light therapy but we're doing better this week!

Cami so glad all is well now.

Allforthegirl - any news?

Still waiting over here ..::

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"