Marchlands

What a letdown! I really thought there was gonna be more to it when Olive said "Then I suggested a different game" like it was gonna be something to do with the bath... And by some accident she drowned in the bath... Then because Grandad & Olive's mum were busy they werent there to supervise so they covered it up and put her in the river or something... Or when she was running down the stairs away from Olive's mum i thought she was gonna fall and hit her head or something. And how could she have drowned and completely disappeared, made no ripples or anything in what 3 seconds? Anticlimax!!

Ive come to post the same thing. Very big dissapointment! I expected much more.

I think they are. Littlehouse was even worse.

Was there any need for olive to be deaf? It would have worked if she hadn't been too surely?

Was there any need for olive to be deaf? It would have worked if she hadn't been too surely?

I wondered that aswell, i wondered at first if Alice had been shouting for help and Olive couldnt hear, but that wasnt the case :shrug:

P.s...crapped myself last night, went to bed and i thought i heard something, looked at the door and it had opened :shock: i went to ignore it, rolled over and BAM was a figure next toi my bed. I bloody screamed. DS sleepwalking again :blush:

i think the reason olive was deaf is so most people thought she couldnt speak so it would have been easier for her mum to keep her quiet as no one spoke to her iykwim? x

I wondered that aswell, i wondered at first if Alice had been shouting for help and Olive couldnt hear, but that wasnt the case :shrug:

I think it was so there was a good reason for her not to talk to people.

There was a lot more prejudice in the sixties towards disabled children (I think) and Olive said Alice had said she wasn't allowed to talk about the times they went to Olive's house because she wasn't allowed to play with Olive.

Olive accepted that as perfectly normal, probably because nobody wanted to play with her because of being deaf.

It also would have made it hard for her to speak to Ruth and tell her anything as a child, she would have had less credibility as a child anyway but none as a deaf child, not in the eyes of most adults.

Even as 1980's Olive she said nobody bothered to speak to her. She was used to being ignored, overlooked and staying silent.

So her being deaf makes sense to me.

I don't know if I'm pleased I worked it out weeks ago or disappointed there wasn't more to it.

I don't get the point of Alice haunting the house for 30 years and then just vanishing. Ruth knew she was still there back in the sixties, nobody killed her on purpose, she had no real message to give. They all knew she drowned in the lake and the only thing she had to tell was why she fell in. And by the time that came out the people 'responsible', her grandad and Olive's mum were perhaps dead. Surely the Grandad was and even if Olive's mum were still alive there was no punishment for her for shouting at Alice badly enough to make her run away and fall in a lake. Nobody would arrest her for that.

And the 1980's family had no point to the story at all, they could have been completely missed out altogether and nothing would have been taken from the story.

I see why she needed to stay in the village so when Ruth came back she would be there if she worked it out!

EveryRose that makes sense now :flower: I also wonder about Olive's baby, if it was so she could/would empathise with Ruth losing a child, and thats why she told her, cos she's been through it herself. Or am I reading too much into stuff again :haha: I thought it was sad at the end when they painted over the picture, got a lump in my throat xx

Well I haven't seen all of this show yet but I watched the episode where the 'ghost' girl rocked the Moses basket and it freaked me out so much that it kept me awake ALL night..

I did really enjoy this, seems like i am in the minority LOL, maybe i am easily pleased lol lol x

it was only 1 person saying the adoption thing haha

It wasn't just me!!!!

These statements are meant to be ambiguous - they could easily get around Nisha saying that buy it ending up that Olive never told her that but rather Nisha assumed! I'm always looking out for the double bluff me!

A few weeks ago ppl were saying Mark might be Ruth's son - that's the fun of these programmes tho isn't it! One week you're convinced you're right and then the next that idea seems ridiculous!

I was right about the affair so I feel vindicated :D

EveryRose that makes sense now :flower: I also wonder about Olive's baby, if it was so she could/would empathise with Ruth losing a child, and thats why she told her, cos she's been through it herself. Or am I reading too much into stuff again :haha: I thought it was sad at the end when they painted over the picture, got a lump in my throat xx

Me too I had tears in my eyes, especially when Nisha said 'Ruth came back for her' :cry:

it was such a let down.....there was no reason for Mark and Olive to have had the baby,it was just added in for no reason.x

Just a red herring to make us think that it might have been significant to try and lead us down different paths.

I really enjoyed it :D

When they painted the babys room "alice" should have turned round lol...made it abit more better xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->