~Mark of Love~ c-section mom/mum support group

Thanks ladies :flower:

I must say my scar is looking absolutely fantastic. They did a really great job and it is clean and neat :thumbup:

I'm getting there with my recovery. I'm not generally in any pain anymore and I've been for a short walk today which has been lovely, especially as the weather has been nice.

I'm still getting really tired, that's the only thing.

Thanks for the reassurance about feeding :) Heidi it's funny what happened to you in the bath. I tried expressing before giving up BF completely and I've never seen Maia so amused as when she was watching me pump, lol x

Thanks ladies :flower:

I must say my scar is looking absolutely fantastic. They did a really great job and it is clean and neat :thumbup:

I'm getting there with my recovery. I'm not generally in any pain anymore and I've been for a short walk today which has been lovely, especially as the weather has been nice.

I'm still getting really tired, that's the only thing.

Thanks for the reassurance about feeding :) Heidi it's funny what happened to you in the bath. I tried expressing before giving up BF completely and I've never seen Maia so amused as when she was watching me pump, lol x

Thats good getting out for a walk, i dont think i did that for quite a few weeks after :blush:

My DH found it hilarious he was in the bathroom with us and he couldn't stop laughing at her poking my nipple :laugh2:

I have quite large boobs and Ellie has taken to using them as bongos! Fine at home, not so fine in view of the general public!

They do the funniest things don't they?!

I already wonder what I did for entertainment before Maia arrived :) x

Knock knock- can I come in? :shrug:

Children- Ryan Mark
EDD: 08/01/11
Planned section: 04/01/11
Time of birth: 10.55am
Weight: 8 pound 3 ounces

I had my little boy by planned section 11 weeks ago due to him being breech. The midwife found him breech at my 24 week check and he never moved after that! He obviously found having his head squashed up against my stomach causing horrific heartburn, to be the comfiest place! We decided against trying to have him manually turned due to the risks involved and I figured as he hadn't moved himself at all there was probably a good reason why he was breech.
I was actually secretly a bit relieved about having to have a section as I was terrified about labour,I'm really not very good with pain :nope:
I found knowing the date and time quite comforting and found the whole experience quite calm.
We had a few hiccups along the way- firstly I was booked in on the 3rd Jan and ended up being sent home due to staff shortages. I had arrived at 8am and was left in a room until 2pm with nothing, not even a glass of water. It was a bank holiday and due to there being emergency sections, the anaesthetist had been in theatre all morning and was due to leave with no one to replace her :growlmad:
I was booked in for the next day and promised to be first of the electives into theatre. In the end I was glad of the delay as the staff were much nicer on the second attempt.
The second hiccup was that I very nearly ended up having a full general due to problems placing my spinal. I had 2 anaesthetists trying for an hour and a half (usually takes 20 mins) and shooting pains/ pins and needles in my legs. Turns out I have extra bone in my back which they couldn't get around. On the last attempt they managed to get in higher up than usual and I was numb from my boobs down!
Apart from weeing myself :blush: a small infection 2 weeks after the surgery and problems with breast feeding my recovery has been pretty good. I thought I would be in a lot more pain than I was.
I'm not sure what I want for the future, I would like to try for a vbac but the thought terrifies me and I had a good experience with my section. I might not get the choice though as just read that my local hospital are stopping sections unless it is a life or death situation for mum or baby :nope:

Louise x

Knock Knock :D :wave:

Children/s name/s & birthdate/s: Evan 27/10/10
EDD: 10/11/10
Number of elective Caesareans: 0.5
Number of emergency Caesareans: 0.5
Number of vaginal births: 0

Hiya, I'm sophie and had Evan at 38 weeks last October :)

My story:

I had PPROM at 28 weeks so knew Evan would be slightly early although the aim was for a 39 week induction. We did great to get to 38 weeks and could have gone longer. I was up at the Fetal assessment unit every week to have bloods and CTG due to the water leakage! Everything was fine although I found it so stressful. At 36 weeks my bp rocketed and I was put on labetelol tablets. 5 days later and another water leak my consultant kept me in to be induced. 2 rounds of pessarys and 12 hours nothing had happened.. Not even a damn centimeter!! I am actually pissed of about this as I was never advised to go and walk about instead told to rest. The chanced of me dialating would have been higher if I had've gone on walkabouts (still can't dwell on the past) I'd been in hospital for 48 hours, Evans heartbeat was dropping and I signed the forms for an EMCS at 10pm on 26th Oct..... Then they realised I'd eaten a burgerking so wouldn't do it and decided to monitor me instead. So a whole night of CTG's and no sleep, I woke up grumpy the next day saying I was gonna go home. One doctor suggested attempting induction again but my consultant asked what I wanted which was to get it over and done with... So a "Semi Elective Section" was authorised (hence my 0.5!!)

This was at 9am and Evan came into the world at 9.54am. My actual section experience was totally fine, the aftercare was shit. Attempting to stand 24 hours later felt like being stabbed with hot pokers.... The next month came and went I was on all kinds of pain killers and iron pills and along with the lack of sleep felt like shit :D

I hate my overhang belly I dunno what to do but my scar is fab if I say so myself :)

So thats me :)

Welcome ladies!! Thank you for sharing your stories.

Anna, the name Evan was top of my list if we had a boy :thumbup:

Hi ladies :)

Anna Matronic my scar is also fab but I'd love to get rid of the overhang belly. I've been lucky that most of my weight has dropped off in the 18 days since I had Maia but I feel so... baggy! I've been told by a few people that you can't get rid of your 'mum-tum' after a section but I don't know how true that is.

Anyone know? Also if you can tone up again what's the best way and how soon can you start? x

Anna Matronic my scar is also fab but I'd love to get rid of the overhang belly. I've been lucky that most of my weight has dropped off in the 18 days since I had Maia but I feel so... baggy! I've been told by a few people that you can't get rid of your 'mum-tum' after a section but I don't know how true that is.

Anyone know? Also if you can tone up again what's the best way and how soon can you start? x

My baggy belly has shrunk a bit but I still have a bit of an overhang :cry:
I've heard yoga and pilates and anything that works your core is good for after a section as it strengthens the muscles that have been cut through.

Hi everyone, I'd love to join you all. I had an emergency c-section with my son who is two now. I am currently expecting number two and keep going back and forth on having an elective c-section with this one, or trying for a vbac. Overall my c-section experience was pretty good- I didn't have a long recovery and I had no complications at all. I was able to breastfeed my son with no problems, and I was able to get my body back to pre-pregnancy shape pretty quickly. Now I just need to make up my mind about vbac or c-section this time! (DH is pushing c-section because it can be planned and he hates surprises!)

^^^ congrats on your pregnancy!! What advice have you had from your midwife regarding vbac or elective? Although i say i want a VBAC now i don't know how i will feel when i'm actually pregnant i will probably be as indecisive!

Hi all,

Mrsraggle told me about this thread and I thought I'd pop in and read a bit. Good thread! I have never given birth before, the reason I'm interested in facts/ experiences about C sections is that I would like one if permitted by the hospital, the midwife already suggested it as an option later on. This is if I have a big baby. My mum had massive babies vaginally and that wasn't great. 11 ish and 12 ish pounds 4.5kg and 5.5 kg.

So weighing the risk I'd rather have a C section if baby is big. Already measured about 3 weeks big. It can even out later I guess, but we'll see.

Anyway, hope you don't mind me asking a few questions later on maybe.

Hi TTCnumber2, maybe I get in touch later on, I don't want to hassle you yet in case I don't have a C section. Thanks!

xx

My baggy belly has shrunk a bit but I still have a bit of an overhang :cry:
I've heard yoga and pilates and anything that works your core is good for after a section as it strengthens the muscles that have been cut through.

Thanks, I'll look into yoga or pilates. My LO is more than worth it but if I can lose the baggy tum it will be even better x

Hey girls,

Sorry I never updated about my 21 week c-section scar scan, had a bit of a rough time cos my baby is on the 5th centile for growth, given my history, it isnt good. Any way, the sonographer said it is really wide (not the length), so it means it isnt healed, she was asking if I am going for a VBAC or elective, I think she was hinting a VBAC may not be possible, it seemed so important before but right now I just wanna know my baby is growing okay.

:wave: mons75!

Hey Tasha, sorry you've had a bit of a rough time :hug: Hope baby catches up. It's really good they do those scans you wouldn't know otherwise. I will be very interested to see how my scar is healing on the inside. Did they show you on the screen what the scar was like?

Hey everyone :wave: hope you're all okay?

I had my doctor's appointment today, my main concern was the time gap between Amber and this baby...having had 2 section I will be delivering just 12.5 months after my section...she said it will be an elective, the chance of VBAC isn't there, which I am okay with...she said she has no worries or issues with the gap between sections, which has put my mind at rest, I was so so worried about that.

They won't sterilise me at the same time as section, apparently it isn't as effective when clipping the tubes straight after delivering baby.

Welcome mons - come back and ask any questions whenever you like!

Tasha, I'm sorry your appointment wasn't great - hoping baby catches up soon. When do you have your next appointment?

you&me, that's very interesting. Did your MW say what would have been an acceptable gap between births for a VBAC? ETA: Just realise it was a doctor and not a MW. I wonder if the MW will have the same opinion?

Thanks girls.

Heidi, to me it was just a big black patch, but I dont understand what I am looking at.

mrsraggle, three weeks yesterday, it is the earliest they do the arterial doppler there (24 weeks) as they say it is unreliable before then.

you&me glad they reassured ya :thumbup::hugs:

you&me, that's very interesting. Did your MW say what would have been an acceptable gap between births for a VBAC? ETA: Just realise it was a doctor and not a MW. I wonder if the MW will have the same opinion?

I will ask the midwife when I see her in a couple of weeks...I think the main concern is that I have had the 2 sections already...in all honesty; with this pregnancy I don't think I would be comfortable enough to attempt a VBAC only for it to end in another emergency section.

I have seen people around this forum and others that had successful VBACS about 18 months after a section, but they had only had the one section previously :dohh:

Blimmin Pre-Eclampsia messing me up, I am never going to feel a contraction, kind of makes me feel like a fraud!!

Tash, I had that doppler scan done at 24 weeks with Amber, They can tell a huge amount from it :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->