~Mark of Love~ c-section mom/mum support group

My mum had a VBAC at 19 months with my little brother, after me cos I was breech :flower:

you&me, you are not a fraud, please dont feel that way, just doing what is best for your babies :hugs:

Thank you hun, I had them at 28, 32 and 36 weeks with Naomi-Mae and Kaysie Blossom, should of had it done with Honey too.

:hugs: Thanks Tasha.

(you can call me Dani if you like :flower:)

Thank you, I kept meaning to ask but we have been talking so long on the prem thread that I thought it would seem odd to ask now :dohh::haha:

Thank you, I kept meaning to ask but we have been talking so long on the prem thread that I thought it would seem odd to ask now :dohh::haha:

:rofl: I answer to most things!!!

you&me, that's very interesting. Did your MW say what would have been an acceptable gap between births for a VBAC? ETA: Just realise it was a doctor and not a MW. I wonder if the MW will have the same opinion?

I will ask the midwife when I see her in a couple of weeks...I think the main concern is that I have had the 2 sections already...in all honesty; with this pregnancy I don't think I would be comfortable enough to attempt a VBAC only for it to end in another emergency section.

I have seen people around this forum and others that had successful VBACS about 18 months after a section, but they had only had the one section previously :dohh:

Blimmin Pre-Eclampsia messing me up, I am never going to feel a contraction, kind of makes me feel like a fraud!!

My sister in law is a midwife and she said they only recommend a vbac after 1 section and will usually push for a planned section if you've already had two or more.

She also said that although they recommend waiting 12 mths after a section before getting pregnant again, its actually thought to be much safer to wait 2 years!

I know what you mean about not feeling a contraction, I was hoping I would go into labour early so I could experience that first stage at least. I also felt bad as I thought that I was rushing baby as they tend to come when they are ready!

Ahhh, so many difference of opinions, my family GP told me it would be safe to a mother and baby to start TTC after 6 months.

We was going to start when Amber was 7-8 months :haha:

My GP gave me the go ahead to ttc at my 6 week check!!!!! x

I wish doctors would all advise the same thing :growlmad: It's so hard to know what to do for the best and 6mths- 2 yrs is a massive difference!

I wish doctors would all advise the same thing :growlmad: It's so hard to know what to do for the best and 6mths- 2 yrs is a massive difference!

I agree, i wasn't even given any advice about being pregnant again :(

No-one told me when it would be best to TTC again. I didn't ask to be fair, but you'd think it'd be one of the things they discuss at the 6 week check really.

Hello all :flower:

Just had a quick read through your thread, hope you don't mind the stalking :blush: lol

Just looking for advice from women who've had sections really, i've been told i will be induced early due to severe SPD and failure to recover from my first pregnancy (also severe SPD) 5 years ago. I delivered my first naturally but it caused long term pelvic damage, had a lot of pain for the last 5 years and more so now i'm cooking again!

My physiotherapist has told me to push for a c-section as there is a lot of damage and after the birth i may need a pin to hold my pelvis in place. I really don't want a c-section but to prevent further damage i know i need one really, just looking to chat to other ladies that have been through this before. xx

Hello all :flower:

Just had a quick read through your thread, hope you don't mind the stalking :blush: lol

Just looking for advice from women who've had sections really, i've been told i will be induced early due to severe SPD and failure to recover from my first pregnancy (also severe SPD) 5 years ago. I delivered my first naturally but it caused long term pelvic damage, had a lot of pain for the last 5 years and more so now i'm cooking again!

My physiotherapist has told me to push for a c-section as there is a lot of damage and after the birth i may need a pin to hold my pelvis in place. I really don't want a c-section but to prevent further damage i know i need one really, just looking to chat to other ladies that have been through this before. xx

Hi, I'm also here for advise, good thread huh! I'm sorry you had such problems! None of my business, but answer if you like, was it because of a big baby? I started another threadabout C advise before I saw this one, there is also some good advice there, its called Before and after C section advise pls.

Hmm, I wonder why I haven't had a scan to look at my scar? My Ob/gyn told me I was a great candidate for a VBAC, it will be about 3 years since my son by the time I have this one. I just wish they'd give me more details and info, and now I'm nervous to hear that other ladies are having their scars looked at and I haven't- do you think its because my births will be so far apart?

No mons75 she wasn't a big baby at all, 6lbs 15oz in fact!! I was told the size of the baby doesn't cause it but i guess it would be worse with a bigger baby lol x

I agree, i wasn't even given any advice about being pregnant again :(

No I wasn't either. I only found out because my sister in law is a midwife and my friend is a midwife assistant.

Hmm, I wonder why I haven't had a scan to look at my scar? My Ob/gyn told me I was a great candidate for a VBAC, it will be about 3 years since my son by the time I have this one. I just wish they'd give me more details and info, and now I'm nervous to hear that other ladies are having their scars looked at and I haven't- do you think its because my births will be so far apart?

From ob/gyn, I take it your in America or some where hun? I am in the UK so things are bound to be different. My little one is due in August and my section was three years ago in six weeks and six days.

It is confusing that they dont all give the same advice, I agree girls. I think it is cos they simply dont know as it is different for everyone. Probably they would of adviced me not to TTC if they knew then that my scar hadnt healed. :shrug:

Yep, I'm in the US... It seems like if there was a best practice- it would be done everywhere, checking the scar just makes good sense!

Love this thread ~ Only just found it! :kiss:

Children/s birthyear/s: 1992 , 2003 & 2010

Number of elective Caesareans: 1

Number of emergency Caesareans: 2 (one was semi-elective!)

Number of vaginal births: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->