Marshmellow tree how to make one cheap and easy please

highhopes19

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know how to make one?

I thought it was as simple as getting a polystyrene ball and sticking marshmellows on with cocktail sticks but it's meant to be a lot harder :dohh:.

Really want to make 2 for Isabelles birthday :flower:
Does anyone have a clue how there done please?

Thankyou xxx

I've never tried one but I think your description above would be about right - blunter sticks wouldn't pierce the marshmallow. Another option is painting the ball in melted chocolate and sticking on, probably doing small sections at a time so chocolate doesn't harden before marshmallows are stuck on. You'd probably need a plastic ball of some kind then though as the polystyrene would break off with the chocolate?

Also, not trying to be offensive in anyway but just wanted to say if there's lots of young children at the party do you know marshmallows aren't safe for toddlers? They're a choking hazard. I'm sure you know this anyway and Isobel's first birthday was all adults apart from her so you could be doing the same. I hope you don't mind me mentioning.

No course I don't mind glad you did never thought of it tbh :( so Thankyou! My little nephew eats them so it didn't cross my mind.... What other sweets could I put on hmmmm......?

Perhaps a marshmellow one for older children and adults xx

I went to a party a few weeks ago for a 3rd birthday & they had two trees, they looked pretty simple to make, a plant pot, some dowling rod for the stem/trunk & then a poly ball & cocktail sticks with marshmellows on & one with sherbert flying saucers x
Have you tried youtube? they might have some videos on how to make them & google is good for some ideas x I might do some for my little boys birthday x

I went to a party a few weeks ago for a 3rd birthday & they had two trees, they looked pretty simple to make, a plant pot, some dowling rod for the stem/trunk & then a poly ball & cocktail sticks with marshmellows on & one with sherbert flying saucers x
Have you tried youtube? they might have some videos on how to make them & google is good for some ideas x I might do some for my little boys birthday x

They look brilliant don't they! I have no idea where to get polystyrene ball and dowell rod from though :shrug:.

I have checked YouTube Hun all that comes up is songs lol xx

I found this blog which tells you how to make them https://macsflowers.blogspot.co.uk/2009/11/how-to-make-sweet-topiary-trees.html
Hope it helps x

marshmallows are fine for toddlers imo

Have to agree I don't really see the problem with marshmallows for toddlers either. As long as you have a confident eater, they're really not much of a choking hazard unless you allow them to stuff their mouth with one (which actually causes more risk to pre-teens and teens who do it as a dare / see how much you can fit in your mouth than it does to toddlers who tend to just eat marshmallows). I'd go ahead and it will be up to the parents there whether or not they'll let their little ones eat them... I would.

Other options would be flying saucers, liquorice all sorts or perhaps you could make your own meringues and use them? You could colour the meringue in any colour you'd like as well.

I dont see a problem with marshmellows for toddlers honestly!

toby eats marshmallows all the time - anything toddlers put in their mouths are a choking hazard really x

just wondering to colour marangues (sp) do i just add a little food coluring to the maraungue mix?

sorry for rubbish spelling lol

xx

just wondering to colour marangues (sp) do i just add a little food coluring to the maraungue mix?

xx

Yup, you'll only need a drop or 2 if you're using liquid food colouring. Get your meringue recipe completely done, then fold in some food colour (or mix but make sure not to over mix).

xx

Yup, you'll only need a drop or 2 if you're using liquid food colouring. Get your meringue recipe completely done, then fold in some food colour (or mix but make sure not to over mix).

Great Thankyou I'll be giving that a go :thumbup:
:D xx

I don't allow Oliver to have marshmallows....I was told by a paramedic not to. He said the only fatal choking incidents he'd attended involving toddlers were all caused by marshmallows. They completely block the airway, and are very hard to move, apparently.

Oh, and for the balls try hobby craft, and for the wood try b&q :)

They are very Eady to make but they take forever lol!! You can use most sweets though!

I don't allow Oliver to have marshmallows....I was told by a paramedic not to. He said the only fatal choking incidents he'd attended involving toddlers were all caused by marshmallows. They completely block the airway, and are very hard to move, apparently.

Exactly how and what I heard actually.. my friends husband is a paramedic and has seen fatal marshmallow choking as they swell up and stick to windpipe wall?

What about mini marshmellows the ones you know you get on hot chocolate for a small sweetie tree?

It's mostly for decoration next to her cake lol

I've seen a strawberry tree looked well good :D xx

I was just going to suggest strawberries...you could dip them in chocolate and different sprinkles orrrr, how about cake pops? They look amazing, and you can dip those in different chocoate and toppings.

I don't do marshmallows here, either. I think I'd worry at a party where kids all get a bit overexcited and stuff food in at 100mph!

Meringues would be yummy....fruit...cake pops...brownie bites (again, covered in chocolate and dipped in different toppings)...

Lots of fun - bet it will be very popular!

I was just going to suggest strawberries...you could dip them in chocolate and different sprinkles orrrr, how about cake pops? They look amazing, and you can dip those in different chocoate and toppings.

I don't do marshmallows here, either. I think I'd worry at a party where kids all get a bit overexcited and stuff food in at 100mph!

Meringues would be yummy....fruit...cake pops...brownie bites (again, covered in chocolate and dipped in different toppings)...

Lots of fun - bet it will be very popular!

Ooooo the strawberry idea sounds brilliant Thankyou :thumbup:.

Was going to make cake pops was just watching videos of how to make them online.

She's having a princess castle cake so fairy theme so I could do fruit kebabs aka fairy wands :flower:. Obviously cut the sharp end off as that would be a disaster :dohh:
Xxx

That's an amazing idea!

https://www.cupcakeavenue.co.uk/chocolate-curls/view-all-products

Imagine the curls covering a choc dipped strawberry...pink and white curls, with chocolate stars (they are in there, too)

https://www.cupcakeavenue.co.uk/chocolate-sprinkles/view-all-products

Stars on white choc?

https://www.cupcakeavenue.co.uk/sugar-crystals/view-all-products

https://www.cupcakeavenue.co.uk/dragees/view-all-products

https://www.cupcakeavenue.co.uk/sprinkles/view-all-products

General princess decorations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads