Massage and TWW

Cupcake2016

Reaction score
Hi, ladies!

This is our first month officially TTC. O was yesterday - positive OPK day before, felt O pains late last night (as I usually do when I ovulate, based on tracking everything for 3 cycles now just need more temps to confirm). Tomorrow, so just 1DPO-ish is my bachelorette party. We're getting married 3 weeks from today!! We started TTC early. I'm going to go light with the drinking, but we're doing a spa day: massages + manis/pedis. I'm kind of freaking out and being overly paranoid about this, I think. I was going to call the massage place and ask if I need to request a specific massage therapist (I see they do parental massages at this place), or if I can just tell the massage therapist that I get assigned that I may be pregnant. I'm still concerned about lactic acid or other toxins being released at unhealthy levels, or pressure points being pressed too firmly. I've read about this, but there is no consensus. Am I worrying for nothing? Should I be more worried?

I wouldn't worry at all, you wouldn't implant until at least 6-10 days after ovulation anyway so it shouldn't affect anything :) make the most of what might be your last pamper day/night out before you're pregnant. Good luck for the wedding

Hi cupcake. I am a massage therapist. There are certain points on the body that shouldn't have FIRM pressure applied to when pregnant. Having said that, even if you did conceive it wouldn't be a problem having a massage, even a firm massage at 1 DPO as implantation hasn't taken place yet. Try to avoid massage treatments with firm pressure between 4-14 DPO as this is the time that implantation/pregnancy happens. Good luck

What I can say is - I had a massage at 11 dpo, ended up getting a positive the next day at 12 dpo (first day I tested). Pretty sure I implanted 5 dpo.

All is well so far, have had two ultrasounds. :)

Good luck to you! And enjoy your bachelorette party and wedding! Congrats! <3

My gyn said massage in the tww is fine. I personally avoid it unless I have to. Luckily, my regular masseur is also prenatal certified so I just let him know I am in the tww. For piece of mind, I would just ask the place if they have any prenatal therapists available that day. Congratulations on your wedding!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->