Massive temp drop at 10dpo

elliecain

Mummy to Finlo, Kirree and Mally
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

This is the first month I've used temping and it's been a roller coaster all of its own. This morning, at 10dpo, my temp dipped way below the cover line, but af isn't due for another 4 days. Any ideas? I'm going crazy... It doesn't help that I've got pre-af backache too. I'm so desperate to be pregnant and I don't want to count myself out until I see af, but look at the size of the dip! What else can it be...?

Thank you xxx

Since it is your first month and you don't known your luteal phase length yet I would say af is on her way. But a dip at 5dpo and 10dpo could be good if your temp goes back up tomorrow.

Have you checked out fertility friend? It is an app and website that is super helpful

Thanks so much for the reply :)
Yes, I do use the ff app: my chart is in my sig.
I have had a 13 day luteal phase for the past 2 cycles, so I'm really hoping it's not imminent AF... I suppose I just need to be patient. I fully expected the witch to turn up today after that dipped temp, but no sign of her... Just plenty of ccm!
It's not over yet!!!

Hiya
Take a look at my FF chart below, I have a rocky road too hehe
I think mine is due to waking alot during the night, and I had to force my O day as I am usuall near day 13 like clockwork for yearrrs and FF kept insisting it was day 10.
All you can do is wait it out and test, but keep in mind to look at the chart overall, not individual temps, as sleeping bad, having a fan on, certain meds etc can make temps all over.
I agree tho, dips around cd5 are normal and later is not a problem as long as your temps head back up.

Haha yeah I was even looking at it. Was not fully awake x.x you are not out until she shows :)

Question though, how do you know your lp is 13 days if this is your first month temping? Temping is the only way to confirm O other than blood work. All other signs are fairly unreliable for pinpointing O.

Thank you both for replying :)

DobbyForever: I used advanced opk in May and in June and also had day 21 bloods done that confirmed ovulation in June. Both months showed a 27 day cycle with ovulation on day 14. The July temps showed the same, so I assumed the pattern!

I'm still hoping that it was a blip. I'm a teacher on school holidays, so setting an alarm and temping at my old waking up time. Now I'm now wondering if, in my 6.30am sleepy data entering, I input a degree out and it actually went up 0.4°C instead of down 0.6°C... It is a real possibility!!! I wasn't aware until I looked at the chart when I woke up again at 9. Since it is now showing 36.86 (far higher than previous daytime temps done for fun), anything is possible!

JLM73: Rocky charts are so annoying, aren't they?! i did wake up a few times last night, but I assumed that would cause my temp to be elevated... Could it cause a big dip? On the advice of a girl in another thread, I'm going to temp vaginally next month (if necessary!), as it is apparently much more reliable.

Yay teachers trying to conceive! What do you teach? :) I teach second grade.

I think with opks and bloods that is a safe assumption!

My temp does a slow fall around 2 days before AF usually, so a sharp dip at 10dpo does seem odd. But yes waking at different times can definitely affect data. Hoping your temp goes up tomorrow and leads to a bfp!

Another teacher! How old is second grade? I've never been to the US, but I see you live in California, which (probably very clichéd) brings sunshine and beaches to my mind.
I'm a secondary school Languages teacher in the south of England. I teach ages 11-16. Are you on school holidays too? We broke up last week and I'm enjoying doing nothing! It's been a bit harder having a 2ww in the holidays though - far too much time to obsess! xxx

Ellie - it depends, waking earlier or frequently can either raise your temp once you take it at final wake up, or if you are like me, It doesn't change by too much. I am actually colder when i get up after frequent wakes, So I just temp each wake up, and note them but generally adjust the temp that is closest to my normal wake up time. This is the temp adjuster i like best:
https://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php

Second is 7-8. It is so fun. They are truly little intelligent people but haven't lost that innocence that gets you hugs and I love yous at the end of the day. :). We have been on summer break since June 5th, but I was teaching at a writing camp for kids 7-11. It just ended. So now the obsessing begins as I don't go back to work until August 12th.

I bet the kids you teach are much cuter than the ones I teach! Teenagers can be a nightmare when they want. I certainly don't get I love yous from them, lol.

Wow, you start back so early! We are lucky, as we don't go back until start of September, but it's a later finish for us, late July. The writing camp sounds good :)

So my temp is back up today. I will probably poas again in a bit, but I'm nervous to... I had a disrupted night's sleep, so I doubt the temp was as high as it looks. It's really hard to tell. Still, if AF were about to show, I'd have stayed under the cover line and I'm way above. If it was an implantation dip, the hcg won't be high enough today anyway, so most likely won't get the bfp for a few more days!

Yikes!

FXed! Agreed, don't count yourself out if it is negative. Rakes time to build up

And they are beyond adorable. I have respect for anyone who can teach kids above 9/10. I took 5th grade in a less than desirable school, and it was so emotionally draining that I almost left teaching because you pour everything you have to try and help them but get so little headway.

I think I'm going insane...! I've done 3 tests today. Yes, 3... When the ic gave me 2 negatives, I wondered if it was a bad batch, so I bought a supermarket test and tried that. BFN again. It's odd, but I honestly expected to see a positive.

I've been getting the most excruciating backache all day, like what I get with af but worse. Then, earlier, I felt a sharp pain in my tummy when I reached for something, like a tugging sharp pain deep inside behind my belly button, above my cervix. I tried stretching up slightly and it did it again. I've never felt anything like this before. I have no idea if these are symptoms or if my imagination has gone into overdrive, but I did the new test and was really surprised to get bfn.
It helps to write this out... I wish dh were home so I could tell him.

If that was an implant dip it takes 2-4 days to test positive. My last bfp I had a sharp, stab pain on Saturday night. Sunday night I was feeling off. Monday morning I threw up. I tested negative Sunday night and Monday morning. When I got queasy at lunch again, I knew something was up. So I texted when I got home and got a clear positive. So from sharp pain to positive Frer and fr gold digital it was 2 days. AND that bean was loaded with hcg. If you go by the average charts I was two weeks ahead. 45,000 mid week 5. So I could see it generally taking more than 2. Which I hope is the case because I had a mystery second dip this cycle and got a negative this morning two days later.

Oh fx so much for us both!
I really want this... Went out earlier and kept seeing pregnant women, people with babies, little toddlers... It kills me because I wasn't it so so much...
2 days is when I'm due af so the timing would fit really well. Thank you so much for your answers, they really help xxx

FXed indeed! Hang in there. My friend just posted her newborn pics. She had her baby yesterday. She also announced her pregnancy the day after I lost my last bean. She has no idea I am ttc just bad timing. Ugh

Oh you poor thing :hugs: It's such a hard process to go through, all of this. I'm finding the forums really helpful because there isn't really anyone to talk to about it irl. It must have been especially hard for you when that happened.

Temp still quite steady this morning. I've just seen the dental hygienist and she was really lovely! Her assistant was ttc for 5 years and then had a daughter through iui and then twin girls through icsi. It was a really positive outcome... Her husband had chemo and they froze sperm before the chemo which were used later. She was lovely and both of them now want to know my outcome! The hygienist said she'll be wanting to ring me to find out and I'm booked in for a follow-up in just over 4 weeks so if I'm not successful this month, I'll be at the finding out stage of my next cycle!

When are you testing again? It is looking good. I am out. I knew my timing was bad, but that second dip gave me hope. There's a chance it was the window by the bed I forgot to close, but that is just the crazy talking

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->