mastitis causing decreased supply

justkitty

First Time Mum
Reaction score
I have been feeding off my infected breast, expressing after feeding off that breast to empty it and expressing when its too painful to feed off itm but I am hardly getting any milk when I express.

Dd is only 2 weeks old and I don't want this to cause a supply issue. But I think it has. I can always get milk out of the ok breast but sometimes I can't even squeeze anything out of the infected side.

Don't panic - I had this. Could you try feeding with a nipple shield? Try expressing in a hot shower or bath. Try and express and feed as much as you can tolerate. Once the mastitis eases then your supply will regulate again x

I developed a milk duct block today and it freaking hurts! I've tried just sitting with a pump of it with a heating pad on the blockage, I've tried massaging it with a hot wash cloth. I let my little man suck on it for about 10 minutes, but have to de-latch him because the pain got too bad. I hope it doesn't last too long. My little guy is a little over one month and it took me that long to finally increase my supply using Mother's Milk Tea and a prescribed medication from my OBGYN so I am hoping that the block doesn't cause supply issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->