Mat leave dates ...

Yellow IVF Rainbow Baby
Reaction score
I want to double check something about mat leave ...

Bubs is due 21/10/11.
The week is Sun 16th - Sat 22nd.

When do I HAVE to take maternity leave .. ?

I want to take a week or two as holiday before my due date so can I take the 16th - 21st off or will it have to be 16th- 20th ... ?

:kiss:

I'm due on 25/06/11 and my last day at work is 24/06/11 and mat leave starts on 25/06/11 don't know if that helps u at all my work said they wouldn't let me work past my due date but could work up to it

Think mat leave has to run from a Sunday if that makes any difference to you (at least I was told mine had to) also thought you had to give 4 weeks notice though?

i think all companies are differant depending on what week pay roll runs from my Oh working week starts on a saturday were at my old job it would have started fri and my job i just left monday if that makes sense lol

Think mat leave has to run from a Sunday if that makes any difference to you (at least I was told mine had to) also thought you had to give 4 weeks notice though?

4 weeks notice for what .. ? Holiday .. ?
I'm giving them 4 months lol

i think all companies are differant depending on what week pay roll runs from my Oh working week starts on a saturday were at my old job it would have started fri and my job i just left monday if that makes sense lol

Our working week starts on a Sunday :flower:

I think that latest you can take mat leave is either the week or day of childbirth, but the best place to check will be with your HR dept.

I am pretty sure you can work up to the date that you have your baby, although probably easiest to book first day of maternity leave as your due date seeings as you won't know exactly when baby will arrive. I'd check with HR at your work, but I'm pretty sure you don't have to take maternity leave until baby's arrival - there's a statutory two weeks off after though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->