MaterniT21 test

Julia35

Reaction score
I was offered the 99% (or close to that) blood test to determine if my baby has any trisomy 13, 18, or 21 abnormalities. The test can be done at 10 weeks, and will also determine the sex of my baby.

So, I go in exactly 2 weeks from today. I'm 35, and although my risk is 0.05%, I'm really nervous!!! :wacko:

Plus side will be knowing if I'm having a boy or girl really really soon!

Anyone else doing this test? It's almost as accurate as the amniocentesis, but no associated risks.

I had it done last year when I was pregnant with my daughter. I was high risk: 1 in 11 for trisomies 13 and 18 and 1 in 17 for downs. I was so glad this test was available. I was so excited to get the good news when they called me with the results, I almost forgot to ask the gender. I happened to be in WalMart at the time and I know I looked a fool bc I immedialtely began crying and couldn't stop LOL

Good luck. I had the test on a Thurs and got my results the following Friday.

I had mine done a few weeks ago and came back low risk.

I had it done last year when I was pregnant with my daughter. I was high risk: 1 in 11 for trisomies 13 and 18 and 1 in 17 for downs. I was so glad this test was available. I was so excited to get the good news when they called me with the results, I almost forgot to ask the gender. I happened to be in WalMart at the time and I know I looked a fool bc I immedialtely began crying and couldn't stop LOL

Good luck. I had the test on a Thurs and got my results the following Friday.

That's awesome! I will totally cry too, if I get good results!

I'm sending lots of positive thoughts your way!

Good luck mama! I'm having bloods taken for Harmony test today (basically the same test.) FX for you! .

Good luck mama! I'm having bloods taken for Harmony test today (basically the same test.) FX for you! .

Thank you and hoping and praying for great results for your test too!

I had a free fetal cell dna test done at around 10 weeks although I had the Panorama not the MaterniT21. I loved that I was able to know 99% that things were looking good and I didn't need an invasive test.

How it was explained to me is that it will replace almost all other pres-screening type test available in the future so that we can know whether to proceed or not with a more invasive test like amnio or cvs. Right now women get NT test and PAPPA/HCG test and if something looks questionable are having the invasive test to know for certain. The issue with that is those test don't really narrow down the risk very well 1 in 40, 1 in 60, even 1 in 20 seems a wide enough risk gap to have to decide to take a test that has a 1 in 100 chance in miscarriage:nope: Hopefully the great thing about this test is that a woman doesn't have to elect for a test with a 1 in 100 chance of miscarriage unless there is a substantial finding that is 99% accurate (these test) at determining it might be necessary.

Oh and finding out the gender that early is pretty awesome!

I had a free fetal cell dna test done at around 10 weeks although I had the Panorama not the MaterniT21. I loved that I was able to know 99% that things were looking good and I didn't need an invasive test.

How it was explained to me is that it will replace almost all other pres-screening type test available in the future so that we can know whether to proceed or not with a more invasive test like amnio or cvs. Right now women get NT test and PAPPA/HCG test and if something looks questionable are having the invasive test to know for certain. The issue with that is those test don't really narrow down the risk very well 1 in 40, 1 in 60, even 1 in 20 seems a wide enough risk gap to have to decide to take a test that has a 1 in 100 chance in miscarriage:nope: Hopefully the great thing about this test is that a woman doesn't have to elect for a test with a 1 in 100 chance of miscarriage unless there is a substantial finding that is 99% accurate (these test) at determining it might be necessary.

Oh and finding out the gender that early is pretty awesome!

Great information, thanks for sharing! It seems like this test is the way to go for sure! :thumbup:

Yeah the added early gender confirmation will be a bonus :D

I also had this test done and received the results of this test yesterday. It came back positive for Trisomy 18. Needless to say I was completely devastated. After getting the results they did an ultrasound of our baby at 13w 2d there was no heartbeat. I am still in shock. I pray for all go you to have happy and healthy pregnancies and babies!!

I also had this test done and received the results of this test yesterday. It came back positive for Trisomy 18. Needless to say I was completely devastated. After getting the results they did an ultrasound of our baby at 13w 2d there was no heartbeat. I am still in shock. I pray for all go you to have happy and healthy pregnancies and babies!!

I don't even know what to say!! My heart is so sad for you!! I'm so very sorry. :(. What a devastating thing. :cry:

I've never heard of this testing but I will be sure to ask my doctor about when I go for my appointment on the 31st.

I am so sorry

Good luck! I had mine done at 22 weeks along, I am currently 32 weeks tmrw. Mine came back 99.2% positive for Trisomy 21, (Down Syndrome). We aren't doing the amnio for further testing, we are just patiently arriving to meet our perfect little guy :)

Good luck! I had mine done at 22 weeks along, I am currently 32 weeks tmrw. Mine came back 99.2% positive for Trisomy 21, (Down Syndrome). We aren't doing the amnio for further testing, we are just patiently arriving to meet our perfect little guy :)

You sound like an awesome mom!! Your son IS perfect, Down's syndrome can't change that! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->