Maternity Allowance

I just phoned them, the lady was lovely, much nicer than the other two I spoke to previously.

She said not only have they received it, they've honoured it and the letter was sent out two days ago, so ought to be with me today really.

My first payment she said ought to be with me next Wednesday, the day before we move! So literally sorted in the nick of time!

Constantly phoning and bugging them clearly pays off lol.

Ah glad it's sorted! I sent mine of yesterday so hopefully it don't take too long for me lol x

Excellent news KNK :)

Pink flowers, if I were you, I might be inclined to download the SMP1 form myself - and take it into work for them to fill in person if they carry on like that with you! I had to badger my boss for 2 weeks about my SMP1 form. She said I should get it from the Jobcentre, but I knew that wasn't right. It wasn't until I said I would download it and bring it down to the office for them to sort that they finally got on with sorting it. Total farce, but got there in the end lol

Hi ladies,
Can I just ask is this for gov mat pay?if so I Thort this was paid automatically after works mat leave finished?! Do I need to fill in a form?
X

I cant go to my workthey shut down my office so yhe next one is 20 miles away. They have said they have sent it to head office which is over 100 miles away. I will phone them tomorrow. As I cant ring 0845 numbers on my phone lol

Hi ladies,
Can I just ask is this for gov mat pay?if so I Thort this was paid automatically after works mat leave finished?! Do I need to fill in a form?
X

Hi ladies,
X

No hun, the maternity allowance I'm talking about is for those that don't qualify for SMP. It's paid instead of that :)

I posted mine over a week ago,just hope I'm entitled to something as my working weeks were very hit and miss,some weeks wud have more hours than more and only worked term time

That's the same with me familygirl, my contracted hours we'd 13 but I always worked 30+ hours a week. But the reason I can't get SMP because its company policy to pay by contracted hours rather than average wages earned! So u could still get something xx

I posted mine over a week ago,just hope I'm entitled to something as my working weeks were very hit and miss,some weeks wud have more hours than more and only worked term time

I am the same. I'm paid monthly, so I sent in 4 of my highest paid pay slips and they averaged it out and I've been awarded a weekly amount of £106.54 a week, so every two Mondays I will get £212 - if they did it based on my basic contract hours, I would have ended up with something like £54 - £60 a week!!

That's the same with me familygirl, my contracted hours we'd 13 but I always worked 30+ hours a week. But the reason I can't get SMP because its company policy to pay by contracted hours rather than average wages earned! So u could still get something xx

Same over here! Stupid policies.
The only thing you need to qualify for Maternity Allowance is to be working for said employer for a certain period of time and to have earned a minimum of £30 a week.

Where as for my company's pay, they said on contract I need to earn £109 a week, where as my contract hours only earns half of that, but I always did more! Unfair really, as based on the amount of time I had been working for them, I was entitled to enhanced pay too :(

If I sent mine a week ago when should I ring to see if they have received it? X

If I sent mine a week ago when should I ring to see if they have received it? X

I'd phone tomorrow hun...I phoned after a week and although they hadn't processed it at that time, they did give me a time-frame :)

I rang after a week and they told me to call back in a few days because it could take anything up to 10 days to get to them, as it has to go through several different offices, so you could just be wasting your time by ringing now. Especially considering they don't actually work over weekends.

I rang today and they checked and said give it til next thurs x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->