maternity allowance

BabyMamma93

Mummy of a Easter baby
Reaction score
I sent my forms off for my maternity allowance a week or 2 ago (more on the 2 week side) im just wondering how long it takes for them to get back in touch with you.
also on the forms it didn't ask me to state when i will be taking mat leave, so how do they know when to pay me from? i will be leaving soon and still haven't heard from them or told them when i will be leaving..
Thanks

There is a section that says when do you want payment to start. Generally that will be when you start mat leave.

As PP said.
They don't pay you until you have 'left' your current job.
But you should get confirmation you will be awarded MA just over 2 weeks after you sent it off (don't include Saturdays for post!) x

There is a section that says when do you want payment to start. Generally that will be when you start mat leave.

hmm.. ive just had a look again and it defo didnt ask when i will be leaving work, it asked about my work during the 'test period' the weeks in the 'test period' that baby is expected to be born. But it definatley didnt say anything about when i will be leaving. on the SMP form which was filled out by my employer this said.. 'your maternity pay period starts or would have started on the:'
i think i might phone them and see what they say x

As PP said.
They don't pay you until you have 'left' your current job.
But you should get confirmation you will be awarded MA just over 2 weeks after you sent it off (don't include Saturdays for post!) x

i understand they dont pay me until i have fully left, its the confirmation im waiting for, but because it never asked in the MA form when i will be leaving, i dont understand how they know when to pay me LOL. ill give them a ring see if they have received it, and what to do now..x

There's a section on the form that asks if you've already started your maternity leave. If you ticked 'no' you'll be directed to another question, if you ticked 'yes' that's the part that then asks you when you started it, and that's when they'll know when to pay you from. As you haven't started it yet and ticked 'no' you probably didn't notice the bit about dates, and when they confirm that you are entitled to MA, they will send you a form to fill in and send back to them once you start your leave.

Oh and mine took 6 days total to process and receive confirmation of entitlement.

There's a section on the form that asks if you've already started your maternity leave. If you ticked 'no' you'll be directed to another question, if you ticked 'yes' that's the part that then asks you when you started it, and that's when they'll know when to pay you from. As you haven't started it yet and ticked 'no' you probably didn't notice the bit about dates, and when they confirm that you are entitled to MA, they will send you a form to fill in and send back to them once you start your leave.

Oh and mine took 6 days total to process and receive confirmation of entitlement.

i think i know what ive done... ive gone through the form again.. it asks..

have u started maternity leave? no. go to part 5 (about self employment) yes (go to question f on this page)
then on question i on the same page (before part 5 which i went straight to as i answered no) it asks: what date do you want us to pay your maternity allowance from..

so i wont have answered this.. will they send me something out to fill out? or am i best phoning them.. i will be starting in about 2 weeks ish

6 days?? could there be a problem with my claim then if i havent heard from them after almost 2 weeks? x

You're still in employment aren't you? Why aren't you being offered SMP? :flower:

i dont receive enough wage to get it, unfortunatley x

Oh sorry just wanted to check as I know you've said your employers aren't very reliable.

i think i know what ive done... ive gone through the form again.. it asks..

have u started maternity leave? no. go to part 5 (about self employment) yes (go to question f on this page)
then on question i on the same page (before part 5 which i went straight to as i answered no) it asks: what date do you want us to pay your maternity allowance from..

so i wont have answered this.. will they send me something out to fill out? or am i best phoning them.. i will be starting in about 2 weeks ish

6 days?? could there be a problem with my claim then if i havent heard from them after almost 2 weeks? x

There's probably not a problem with your form, maybe the office that I sent my form too is less busy. I posted the form on the Wednesday and had an acknowledgement in the post that they'd received it by the friday, which I though was super quick and then the letter came by the next Tuesday to say I was entitled to it etc.

Give them a ring to chase it up if it'll put your mind at rest. :thumbup:

I sent my form off 4 weeks ago tomorrow and still haven't heard anything back :shrug: I finish work this week aswell, so I'm going to be giving them a ring tomorrow to see how the process is going. My Friend had a problem with hers she was waiting to be back dated for 8 weeks it took them 13 weeks in total, no idea why but hoping our situations aren't the same! Xx

I sent my form off 4 weeks ago tomorrow and still haven't heard anything back :shrug: I finish work this week aswell, so I'm going to be giving them a ring tomorrow to see how the process is going. My Friend had a problem with hers she was waiting to be back dated for 8 weeks it took them 13 weeks in total, no idea why but hoping our situations aren't the same! Xx

Oh no, thats rediculous, how do they expect you to care for a new baby with no money! thats rediculous!! i hope you get yours sorted hun x

Just a quick one, where do you get these forms from? This is my first baby and at 20 weeks i need to notify my employers of the pregnancy with the matb1 form and i need to tell them about my maternity leave, when i leave and when i come back, can anyone tell me what forms i need to complete, where they are and when I need to complete them?

Thank you!!

https://www.gov.uk/maternity-allowance/how-to-claim

all the info you should need will be on there hun. Thats where i got it all from. id advise sending it all off as soon as you get to 27 weeks, i wish i had of done that way the paper work would all be 90% complete all id need to do is let them know when ive left.. xx

Can anyone who claimed MA tell me roughly how long it took for the money to come through, ive just read that you have to let them know when you have left work, so from that date the claim will have to be processed meaning the money wont be paid right away. I don't want to be left without any money in the days coming up to baby been born :s x

Can anyone who claimed MA tell me roughly how long it took for the money to come through, ive just read that you have to let them know when you have left work, so from that date the claim will have to be processed meaning the money wont be paid right away. I don't want to be left without any money in the days coming up to baby been born :s x

I sent my form off 4 weeks ago telling them I wanted it to be paid from the 12th of April. Today I got my wage slips back that I had sent, but nothing else. So will see what comes tomorrow and if nothing will be ringing them. I would get it sent off now as I don't think it's a quick process. I'm assuming they will end up back dating mine xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->