Maternity Bra Issues

Mosey

Reaction score
OK what is going on. I measure 34", yet even the 36" bra feels tight. It bothers me so much. I also feel numbness around where the bra hits the top for the sternum.

I usually wear a sort of sports bra (also 36" even though I measure 34" ?!?!?!?) and those are better, but not great either.

But this (expensive) maternity bra is annoying! I loosened the straps but I can still just FEEL it right where it hits, and it barely hits. I don't even know. I am so confused and irritated about this.

All I want to do is pull it up and away from my rib/sternum area.

I'm going to ask my doc about the numbness, I read it could have to do with acid reflux, but it is constant, even when I don't have acid reflux. UGH.

Hi hun, well apparently when your pregnant your ribs expand to accomodate bub. I went from a 36 to a 40. I tried to put one of my underwired bras on the other day and i couldnt even make it meet at the back...lol. The numbness should go away when you get a proper sized bra.

When you say you measure 34" do you mean that is your actual size under your bust? The way sizing works, that means you would be a back size 38" (in the UK anyway)
If you've got the size right, then it's probably just general discomfort caused by being pregnant. I don't know about you, but I'm finding the comfier the better at the moment, like I find jeans too uncomfortable, even though I've bought a roomier size.

ps not sure about the numbness, do you get it when not wearing a bra?

if you normally wear a sports bra i would just go back to wearing that as long as the bra fits there is no reason to spend a fortune on a 'maternity bra' that only does the same job as a normal non wired bra

When you say you measure 34" do you mean that is your actual size under your bust? The way sizing works, that means you would be a back size 38" (in the UK anyway)
If you've got the size right, then it's probably just general discomfort caused by being pregnant. I don't know about you, but I'm finding the comfier the better at the moment, like I find jeans too uncomfortable, even though I've bought a roomier size.

ps not sure about the numbness, do you get it when not wearing a bra?

I was going to say the same...also it sounds like the cup may be too small, have you tried going up a cup size?

Thanks Gals. The cup size is fine, and yes I measure 34" under the bra, which here means a 34 size.

I did switch back to my jog bra--- definitely.

But am almost never without a bra, I wear them to bed (they're really not "jog" bras, not tight like that, very comfortable, I always have worn them to bed). So anyway, I don't really know if the numbness goes away without a bra on.

I think for nursing we'll have to have these maternity/nursing bras, so that's why I got one (figured I need it anyway.. but I hate it).

ah sorry i thought you were just meaning maternity bras which i consider to be a total rip off for during preg, as opposed to nursing bras which are a bit more worth while after lo arrives - your boobies will likely change a lot between now and then though, so just go with whats comfy now :)

I'm not sure you're measuring right:
https://www.herroom.com/bra-fitting-advice,901,30.html
I measure 29 inches under my breast which means I'm a 34 bra band size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->