Maternity Bridal Gowns & Heavily Pregant at Own Wedding

Dory85

Reaction score
So I just found out I'm pregnant. I paid absolutely no attention specific dates of my last period but we think I'm around 5/6 weeks so far making me due the last few weeks in May. My wedding is booked for 7th April :wacko:
Bizarrely, I'm more stressed about this than the fact that I'll have 2 under 2. Am I setting myself up for disaster if I don't move the wedding because I'll be heavily pregnant? I really don't want to move it and my last pregnancy went 10 days past my due date.

Does anyone know where does pretty maternity bridal gowns? I'm gutted I won't be able to wear the one I've already bought but needs must. I'm pretty fussy and don't just want a white maternity dress. Ideally something floor length and elegant, and something that actually says 'Wedding'.

Whilst we're at it, can I have the moon on a plate?? :haha:

First of all, congratulations!
I can completely understand how you might be stressing as I know how uncomfortable I was in the last couple of months! BUT its very do-able, I'd go to a bridal shop or ring around to see who stocks maternity dresses, or probably a better idea leave it as late as possible to buy as you don't know how big you will be by then.

How exciting xx

I think if move it, not because of the dress but because I don't think I'd enjoy the day heavily pregnant.

Thanks for the reassurance.
Now that we've had a think, we're pretty sure we're going to keep it as it is because we've already put down deposits and I don't want to do a rushed wedding or postpone it even more.
So now I'm on the hunt for a new dress?!

Can I ask where you purchased your wedding dress? I only ask because all may not be lost with the dress you have bought.
I bought my wedding dress at Berketex and then fell pregnant about a year later, which was 5 months before the wedding date. When I paid for the dress in the shop, they had not yet made it in their factory. So what I'm saying is that if you have bought your dress from a large bridal chain, it's possible they will not have cut the cloth for the dress yet, in which case it's possible you can have it made in a much larger size than you originally ordered.
When I found out I was pregnant, I called Berketex and explained the situation. They told me that the dress had already been cut to size but not made. They charged me £300 to have a second dress cut, and they cut it in a really large size and then I had it altered to fit in the store. My final dress fitting was the day before the wedding, so the dress fitted my changing shape perfectly.
I just thought this might be helpful, if not to you then perhaps another bride in this position.

I'm going to be 16 weeks for my wedding and I've just bought a normal dress that'll fit a bump under. Obviously it'll be easier for me as I'll only just be showing by then.

It's an Aline dress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->