Maternity clothes struggle... help?!

RaspberryK

Reaction score
Looks like the same thing is happening this time around as last time and I'm growing out of some of my maternity clothes.

I'm finding under bump jeans and leggings so uncomfortable so I'd like some overbump skinny jeans but it seems if they vaguely fit me correctly around my bum and legs then the band isn't big enough for my bump.
Oh and I need long length 33/34 inch inside leg as I'm between 5ft7&5ft8.

I'm just about managing with some jeggings and leggings that I have but again the waist bands are starting to not cover my bump and dig in.
Oh and going up another size would make them baggy in the crotch department and around the lower calves and ankle area.

Also problem with the above is that the tops I bought thinking they were really roomy and long are still baggy in places but fairly snug across the belly and are now too short to wear with leggings hence why I'm looking for jeans.

And maybe some longline vest tops that I can wear underneath to bridge the gap?

The tops I got for wearing with jeans are now showing my belly.

I did get a casual midi dress which I'm wearing with leggings as a tunic top which should last but it is the only thing I can find so far.

I went to h & m on Saturday and they had absolutely nothing and I've even grown out of their extra large except for one fine knit jumper dress that I already have from there. Which is still really baggy everywhere except my belly.

I guess it doesn't help that I'm tallish so longline on most isn't longline on me.

And I'm a SAHM and need it to be practical for playing, doing the cleaning (thankfully I have some really old worn out stuff leftover from previous pregnancy), cooking and doing the weekly shop etc so anything too nice and dresses etc aren't really practical.

Sorry this is long! Does anyone have the same problem? And does anyone have any suggestions?

Xx

Sorry no help but ive found it nightmare also!

I have problem finding things that fit my legs when not pregnant so task turned pretty impossible. Now i have only hand of tops that actually cover my belly.

Think best shop i found top wise was primark oversized jumper/tunic top.

I just bought mat leggings and 1 pair of next mat jeans in sale but band didnt last long and snapped now they dont stay up but fit my legs ugh

Oh no what a nightmare!

The oversized jumper/tunic from primark - im guessing it's not maternity, I did go in there on Saturday and didn't see anything that I thought I'd have a hope in hell of getting into.

I'll add that I was a uk14 pre pregnancy and I'm currently wearing and growing out of 18 maternity.
Xx

Have you tried matalan? They are have a small maternity selection in store but loads on the website! I've found their jeggings are good but too long for me (I am 5ft5 so might be good for you?) plus I got their normal longline vests which I wear under everything. Also I've got 2 of the 3/4 length sleeve maternity tops (I think it's a 2 pack!) and they still cover bump!
I found it's the only place apart from h and m that do an okay selection in store to try on! But I would ring up and check your closest store if they stock mat wear because mine didn't and I had to go to a bigger one!

Have you tried matalan? They are have a small maternity selection in store but loads on the website! I've found their jeggings are good but too long for me (I am 5ft5 so might be good for you?) plus I got their normal longline vests which I wear under everything. Also I've got 2 of the 3/4 length sleeve maternity tops (I think it's a 2 pack!) and they still cover bump!
I found it's the only place apart from h and m that do an okay selection in store to try on! But I would ring up and check your closest store if they stock mat wear because mine didn't and I had to go to a bigger one!

There's no maternity wear in any of the stores in the county here but I did order online and that's where the jeggings I have are from. They are the best thing I have at the moment but they won't last much longer!

I wore their normal longline vests for a while but I'd need to go up yet another size for my bump and they literally hang off my shoulders and be too baggy around tge bust/unnderbust.

I'll have a look on their website and see if they've added any more item since I looked.

Xx

No not mat in primark ive always found just buying larger sizes more affordable than price of mat stuff. I bought good size plain top from next, washed it once now it dont fit over my belly.

Asda stuff use to be great but only sell it online now which i find a pain it was better seeing it before you buy.

My primark has some maternity wear. I have some maternity jeans and some cami tops to sleep in that have clips for breastfeeding from there.

I'm another lover of matalan I live in the jeggings and the long vest tops too.

Have you tried ebay? Even if u don't want second hand you can still buy knew on there.

There is no way that just going up sizes will work for me.

I've tried looking on eBay without any luck.

Xx

Raspberry i have the same issue! I live in 2 pairs of leggings, 3 tops and 1 dress.... washed and worn, washed and worn it's so bad!

The leggings i have are from ALDI believe it or not, they are a great fit aroud everything except leg length as i'm only 5' 5"... but i wear ankle boots so just tuck them in lol

My underbump trousers and over bump jeans just don't fit anymore and i refuse to pay out for more.... leggins it will be from now til delivery! x

No idea! lol

There is a lovely dress that would be great on you in new look! It's very stripy (black ad white) but i'm just a bit too short for it - you'd look fab, it's completely stretchy and clings to the bump :)

I have this problem. At 37 weeks none of my maternity wear fits. It's all too short as my bump is huge. What is the point of maternity wear that won't go over a bump?! I'm 5'7 too.

I got some over the bump red herring jeans from Debenhams on the sale rail for £8.40, and they're more than long enough, and the band, although it doesn't fully go over my bump, it doesn't dig in and goes over more than most.

Tops I can't help you with, I'm currently stretching to the max a size 14 primark cami dress (was a 10 pre pregnancy). It is really tight. I measured my waist (or the general area!) out of curiosity to see what dress size it was measuring, it was a size 24!!! My hips are still measuring a size 10-12 though! My mamas and papas blouse doesn't fit, my new look vests don't fit, my peacocks tops don't fit, so I wouldn't suggest any of those maternity ranges.

No idea! lol

There is a lovely dress that would be great on you in new look! It's very stripy (black ad white) but i'm just a bit too short for it - you'd look fab, it's completely stretchy and clings to the bump :)

I think I have it ...

https://m.newlook.com/shop/maternity/dresses-/monochrome-3-4-sleeve-stripe-tunic-dress-_323222409

I bought it on Saturday I would love one in another colour!

Xx

I have this problem. At 37 weeks none of my maternity wear fits. It's all too short as my bump is huge. What is the point of maternity wear that won't go over a bump?! I'm 5'7 too.

I got some over the bump red herring jeans from Debenhams on the sale rail for £8.40, and they're more than long enough, and the band, although it doesn't fully go over my bump, it doesn't dig in and goes over more than most.

Tops I can't help you with, I'm currently stretching to the max a size 14 primark cami dress (was a 10 pre pregnancy). It is really tight. I measured my waist (or the general area!) out of curiosity to see what dress size it was measuring, it was a size 24!!! My hips are still measuring a size 10-12 though! My mamas and papas blouse doesn't fit, my new look vests don't fit, my peacocks tops don't fit, so I wouldn't suggest any of those maternity ranges.

I've just ordered a cheap pair online at mama and papas so wish me luck.

I agree What's the point in maternity wear that doesn't cover the bump.

Xx

No idea! lol

I think I have it ...

https://m.newlook.com/shop/maternity/dresses-/monochrome-3-4-sleeve-stripe-tunic-dress-_323222409

I bought it on Saturday I would love one in another colour!

Xx

yes thats the one! I knew that was one you would like :) I tried it on and if i'd been a little taller i'd have bought it, but i just looked too dumpy in it lol You'll see on wednesday afternoon just how huge i really am lol x

If i could find long tops/dresses i'd be happy to stay in the leggings as they are so comfy, i just prefer to hide my big bum and thighs and leggings can be a little see through (i wear black tights underneath if i have to wear a short top) x

I've been having a look on eBay and watching a few items "tunics" etc but the fabric might be awful so that's a risk when buying online/ebay.

I keep getting comments about how big people think I look but to be honest I don't think I look big for 2 weeks.

I definitely need to cover my bum in leggings or jeggings, there are loads of leggings about so where are the long tops at? !

Xx

Not in the UK, but I'm having a bit of a struggle with this myself. I work every day in an office, so I HAVE to wear something that looks decent. I started with 5 pairs of pants, and now I am down to three that fit; though one is baggy in the crotch. I have decided I don't care; it's comfortable and doesn't look too bad. It will have to do.

Now some of my tops aren't fitting, either. I had 7 or so, now I think I'm down to 4. :(

Not in the UK, but I'm having a bit of a struggle with this myself. I work every day in an office, so I HAVE to wear something that looks decent. I started with 5 pairs of pants, and now I am down to three that fit; though one is baggy in the crotch. I have decided I don't care; it's comfortable and doesn't look too bad. It will have to do.

Now some of my tops aren't fitting, either. I had 7 or so, now I think I'm down to 4. :(

Ah no! There seems to be a bit more in the shops here that's smart for work which is great if you work... although they are often pricey and obviously I have no idea about how they fit in comparison to the casual stuff I've been trying on/wearing.

I was thinking of adding extra stretchy elastic panels at the sides of some of my things if I can't find anything else.

Have you tried a maternity wrap dress?

Xx

One of the biggest fears that we women have is turning into a mother as the dressing options cut down. But we can go a great lengths to avoid looking older. This can be achieved by dressing in different ways. Kaftans are the best maternity wear as it can be styled in many different ways. During my pregnancy, I had gone with kaftans bought from camilla clothes online and now too I love wearing it.:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->