Maternity clothes struggle... help?!

Debenhams are pretty good! I had 2 dresses from there that I lived in when pregnant xx

Well I did completely grow out of a lot of stuff but I got a pair of jeans in the mamas and papas sale to wear with the longer tops that had previously been for leggings.
I got 2 dresses/tunic dresses that are supposed to be nearly knee length from new look that are ok with jeggings/leggings but I need some new ones as the over bump part has stopped going over my bump now and one pair got a hole in.
Not sure where I'm going to get them as going up a size is definitely going to make them baggy everywhere else.
Xx

I went looking yesterday for more leggings and long tops and the 'over the bump' ones are nowhere near 'over the bump' on my huge bump lol I only have 17 days left... i need to just make what i have work! x

I went looking yesterday for more leggings and long tops and the 'over the bump' ones are nowhere near 'over the bump' on my huge bump lol I only have 17 days left... i need to just make what i have work! x

:-( I hopefully have 6 weeks so I really do need to get something that I can wear out of the house!
"Over the bump" is a joke, I'll never under why they don't make maternity clothes in two options because it's really silly to expect one size to accommodate you for the whole time. And the bump part needs to be longer/come up higher some of them still have plenty of stretch left but they are just too short and I get the bottom of my bump poking out.
Xx

I'm hoping that once i have had these two some of the stuff i have outgrown will fit again in the weeks afterwards until i can get back into regular clothes (if i ever can!) x

New look had some stuff in the sales yesterday that would likely fit you :thumbup: x

That's what I did last time, wore my first set of maternity after.
I had a quick look online and didn't see much, not sure I can bring myself to buy a 20 to accommodate the bump/my height and have it baggy in other places.
May have to fashion something out of blankets and bedsheets. :haha:
Xx

Hey stranger

I've used newlook (ordered online) over the bump leggings £8.99 v comfy.
Jeans from newlook and next over the bump again but it's the only trousers that are comfy.

Top wise I still wear normal tops, you can get a band to bridge the gap.

I've got a couple of tunics from next.

I totally get the not going up a size as it doesn't work for me either - good luck x

Hey stranger

I've used newlook (ordered online) over the bump leggings £8.99 v comfy.
Jeans from newlook and next over the bump again but it's the only trousers that are comfy.

Top wise I still wear normal tops, you can get a band to bridge the gap.

I've got a couple of tunics from next.

I totally get the not going up a size as it doesn't work for me either - good luck x

Ah no the normal top and band thing totally doesn't work for me and I mean going up another size in maternity wear to accommodate the bump not normal clothes. :nope: it really is hopeless, I already had the new look overbump jeggings and leggings, plus h&m ones and Matalan ones and the part for the bump really isn't big enough but underbump just cuts in.

xx

Oh no :growlmad:
Poor you

Try a dress from ASOS?? Mine is really comfy?
Otherwise a toga lol :happydance:

Thinking about the toga for sure, I have a lovely dress that's good for "Sunday Best" but feel a bit overdressed in it scrubbing the bathroom :haha:

Xx

I had a pair of skinny over bump maternity jeans from new look and they fit great, I was also a size UK 14 pre pregnancy and an 5ft 7. The jeans were a maternity 14 and lasted me my entire pregnancy x

I had a pair of skinny over bump maternity jeans from new look and they fit great, I was also a size UK 14 pre pregnancy and an 5ft 7. The jeans were a maternity 14 and lasted me my entire pregnancy x

I must have put on more weight than you, I had some underbump skinnies and got them in the 16 so they were big to start with and now I can barely get them on. The 14 overbump straight ones I borrowed from my friend stopped fitting ages ago. Both from new look.
I feel like such a fatty.
Xx

ASOS do these great side band maternity jeans. They're under the bump, which I usually hate too, but the elastic is only at the sides so it doesn't cut in. They're in all sizes and lengths and quite stretchy. In fact ASOS maternity range in general is great. Stock up on basic dresses- skater styles, wrap styles, etc etc. and wear them with tights or leggings. Smart but comfortable. Also, a bump band under jeans makes them extra comfortable and hides more tummy. I love these too:https://www.asos.com/ASOS-Maternity...1&sort=-1&clr=Black&totalstyles=63&gridsize=3 smart but work with most tops, and more comfortable and flexible than jeans. Also, if an XL isn't too big, I think this is really nice! I really wanted it but it's not in my size :(: https://www.hm.com/gb/product/46414?article=46414-B

I gave up on finding cute maternity clothes ages ago. I have one pair of passable over the bump pants for when I need to leave the house, everything is the OH's too big for him 3xl T-shirts and an array of pajama pants :haha: You ladies make me feel less than put together. Only have a few weeks to go though, so I can stop feeling like a scrub soon enough lol

Have your ttried any of the maternity stuff from old navy? Their sizing is a bit different from most places and I think I've seen quite a bit online that would solve your problem. I'm not big enough for medium's but my smalls are too tight in the belly now, still fit great everywhere else though....the crap we have to deal with, right?!?

I'll have a look on asos, main thing I need is a pair of leggings and a pair of jeggings and maybe another long enough thing to wear with them.
I Don't think we get old navy here, we have gap which I know don't fit me and are expensive.
Thankfully I don't have to go to work and look really smart but I'd really like to be able to leave the house in comfort without showing my belly, Camel toe :haha: , or looking like I raided the plus size granny section of the charity shops.
Xx

Hi, I got a top from Mama-rush on eBay.

Wasn't expecting much but it's lovely and can be used for nursing afterwards. I'm slowly growing out of everything, I'm comfiest in h and m over bump leggings but I can't see them fitting me for much longer xx

Hi, I got a top from Mama-rush on eBay.

Wasn't expecting much but it's lovely and can be used for nursing afterwards. I'm slowly growing out of everything, I'm comfiest in h and m over bump leggings but I can't see them fitting me for much longer xx

Thanks I'll look there too, yep h&m leggings were great while they fit but they come up small and not any room in them now.
I also found anything that was supposed to be good for nursing after was so ridiculously big in the belly area after the tummy has gone back in a bit. Xx

I dont have any tips really. I have tops from newlook and just got some next bootcut jeans that im gunna live in.

H&m were no good for me. Im 5FT 5 but i am more longer bodied and shorter legs. I have shapely legs too so skinny jeans do nothing for me other than making my legs look worse.

i dont feel like they cater very well at all in maternity clothes. Most places only do skinny jeans or dresses i could not pull off. Its also winter so i want to be warm.

ill be glad when i can clothes shop afterwards.

hope you get sorted. X

I tried on a few bits in town today and everything was hideous! lol.

I am NOT looking forward to shopping after as I have a year or so of finding clothes suitable for nursing in to look forward to. I was so bored with wearing a top/tank and a cami underneath or the same 2 button down tops. Nursing clothes are awful too!
xx
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back