Maternity Clothes

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Onyxandra, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Onyxandra

Onyxandra Member

How much has everyone spent on maternity clothes? I bought 3 tops today and new undies and spent almost 100$ (this is just at Wal Mart/Target =O )plus spent another 50$ on pregnancy pillow and a few toiletries. Hubby is mad because we're buying a house and we're strapped for cash but I am still dying for a few new bra,s some lounge pants (all my spandex exercise/house pants are digging into my stomach and it makes me feel almost claustrophobic), and another top or 2. I'm only about 12-13 weeks (I find out Friday) but all my tops show my belly or are not going to last much longer. My bra is getting WAY too small. I am trying to convince him I still need a few things. I've checked hand me down stores and I never can find anything for 'me' I see cute things but too big, too small, etc. I figure if I buy maternity clothes now and I'm comfortable, the belly has room and they should last me.

2. Szaffi

Szaffi Well-Known Member

I picked up a couple of tops and pants during sales. I also got some clothes from 2 friends. The most expensive items I bought were 2 pregnancy bras (~25 euros each), but the underwire was killing me, and my boobs went up a size. Also a nice pair of black slacks for work (~ 70 euros) - but I work in an office, and need to dress smartly most of the time. I mixed up buying non-pregnancy, but looser tops (I figured those will come handy when I'm trying to lose the babyweight) with a couple of pregnancy tops.

I was lucky with the undies, picked up a box of 5 in prémaman for about 10 euros, and they fit really well (I suddenly cannot take anything but cotton as underwear).

I think I so far managed to buy really well, as a lot of items are stuff I can use later. I think the toughest month will be october - still at work, will have maybe two or three pants and a couple of tops - I hate wearing the same thing twice a week to the office (but I guess it's really not worth spending so much on things :( )

3. yvhes1104

yvhes1104 Well-Known Member

This is my second pregnancy so I had my old maternity clothes that I can reuse. I only needed to buy a few stuff.

4. Freyasmum

Freyasmum Mum of 2

Obviously I haven't needed any yet this time round, but last time I bought one pair of maternity jeans, and that's it. They were about NZ$60. I couldn't afford to spend a lot of money on clothes I was only going to wear for a couple of months. I never really got that 'big' though last time, and I was lucky because my boss was cool with me wearing jeans to work.

5. toseland13

toseland13 Well-Known Member

try ebay. i have most of mine from there. got a pair of jeans for £3.00 and a top for £5.00 so bargains galore to be had! :happydance:

6. Boomerslady

Boomerslady Well-Known Member

I was gonna say Ebay too.....so much stuff on there - it may be second hand but if itsd been looked after and costs less then £5 I dont care!