Maternity clothes??

mcwhmm

Reaction score
Yes yes yes, I am only 5w3d and I'm not goig to run out today and buy maternity clothes, but man! I am sooooo bloated! I didn't have this at all with my first! However, with my daughter I was in maternity clothes by 11 weeks. I'm thinking about giving it about 2-3 more weeks and then I may give in and buy some! Some people recommend bigger clothes for that " in between " time, but I have bigger jeans and anything with a button is driving my insane! I'm fine when I'm standing up, but once I sit down, I have to in button my pants. Even my stretchy jeans just don't have enough stretch for me! Am I crazy? Lol I just want to be comfortable and not wake up in the mrorning anymore and have a struggle getting dressed!

I am with you! I was excited because through all the bloat my jeans still fit! I wore them to work and had no problems (I stand all day) then I came home, got myself some dinner and sat on the couch.... Ow!!!!! That was hell I swear. I'm now exiled to dresses, skirts, my black leggings and DH's basketball shorts!

I'm only 10 weeks but I definitely feel bigger around the mid section, my shirts just feel tighter and jeans are now out of the question.

EDIT: I am also a larger woman, so I am not showing yet, 5'3" and 198 lbs... Which is healthy for me but I didn't think everything would feel tight just yet!

I'm guessing that I will show earlier with this one even after showing with my first at 11 weeks. Don't feel bad for things feeling tight at 10 weeks! I'm only 5 weeks! Lol people always say that they want to put off maternity clothes and I say why?! I would rather be comfortable than be miserable! It also doesn't help that I was at my lowest weight ever and then got pregnant in march which ended in mc in May, so I had gained weight then and fell into depression after that so I probably gained about 10 pounds so those jeans were already toght on me!

Honestly, if you are uncomfortable, who cares if you start wearing maternity at only 5 weeks? No one is really going to be able to tell, and I would much rather be comfortable lol. Plus, you might as well get some long term use out of the clothes! I started wearing maxi skirts and maternity pants around 6 or 7 weeks, and I am SO glad that I took the plunge early. Especially if you are bloated, they recommend not wearing tight clothes, because it can make the problem worse.

Old Navy has some really cute maternity fall stuff in stock right now!

I popped out really early with DD and I'm after saying several times how uncomfortable I am today with jeans on! I haven't gained weight but I'm certainly starting to pop out already.

Thanks for the encouragement ladies!! So many people on here seem to be against bugg maternity clothes early ( which everybody has their own opinion and that's fine! ) so I was just wondering if I was crazy!? I just want to be comfy! I know my mom still has a few things in her closet of my maternity clothes from my daughter, but we haven't told anybody yet and are waiting, or trying to wait until 12 weeks, but I was showing before then with my first so I know I will with this one too lol. I had such a great experience with my first pregnancy with maternity clothes. They lady that worked at the store told me to do these different squat tests and they also had a fake belly that you could put on to see how things would fit with a belly and I didn't believe her at first when she said that if I can comfortably squat and sit down in the jeans then they will fit me through my whole pregnnacy. She was right! I wore them from about 10/11 weeks all the way up until the day I had my daughter! Well worth every penny to be comfortable!!

What I don't like about this bloating stage though is when people do start to notice and they think you are about 5/6 months an you're like haha no I'm about not even 2 months yet

I'll always choose comfort :) I'm in maternity jeans because all of mine were already on the verge of being too small. I gained a few pounds, and that combined with the bloating made them uncomfortable. I got a bunch of used maternity jeans for what I'd have paid for one pair of new regular jeans in a bigger size. Seems silly not to switch! I'm still in normal shorts because I still had a few pairs of my "fat" shorts, but I'm hoping I can find a few pairs of maternity shorts in the end of season sales because we're taking a warm vacation in late October.

I know just what you mean about looking so pregnant because of the bloating. I already had a bit of a belly, and I go from looking 12 weeks to looking 20 weeks after a big dinner :p I'm pretty sure if anyone asks when I'm due when I'm having one of those moments, I'm just gonna lie :D

Yes definitely. All my clothes are tight, Ive gone up to a size 14 but my belly is starting to pop out of them now... Going to go buy some maternity bits this weekend.

I had a scan today and my dr put me back to 8w1d which I thought was too early to show... That said a lady in work came up to me yesterday and went 'can I take it congratulations are in order?' I was obviously completely taken a back especially when she went 'I only guessed cos you look 4months from side on.' Erm OUCH! I wouldn't mind but mum said the same to me last Friday. Can already tell I'm guna be huge. Lol

So yes, totally with you on the maternity front!

Xxxx

I can't wait to get back into my maternity jeans! I'm the same as you and have to undo my button when sitting down. It's not like you get a lot of wear out of maternity clothes so I think wear them as much as possible.

I'm 9 weeks and have been in some maternity for a week now. I do not fill out the tops, but my regular shorts were cutting into my belly so bad. I can get by with loose maxi dresses, but I only have two and have been wearing them ALL the time. I needed some variety, so I brought out my maternity storage bins.

Thanks! I'm so happy that I'm not the only one!! Now I'm on another dilemma though lol.. I was planning on getting some at 8 weeks so the weekend of September 8th I believe.. However, my mom and I are going to visit my brother over Labor Day weekend when I will be 7 weeks and there is a motherhood maternity where he lives and the jeans there right now are buy one get one half off and I called and the sale ends on September 3rd! So do I tell my mom early since she will be with me and buy some stuff then??

I would tell her! I have a great relationship with my mom, so I didn't hesitate to tell her I was pregnant from the very beginning. I know that if something were to happen, I would want her to know anyways.

I wear a lot of dresses and maxi skirts anyways and I'm hoping I can find some cute ones to wear throughout the pregnancy too.

Second one down. Free belly bands! Just pay shipping. They connect to your buttons so you can wear your regular pants like maternity pants :)

Haha holy cow! My mid rise stretch jeans have been fitting me well ( in the morning anyways ) but by the end of the day they are tight! Today I looked down while buttoning my jeans after using the bathroom and noticed that my zipper is like pulling. I think in a few more weeks there will be a hole there! Haha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 7
I have some serious bloat going on from the IVF and I feel silly that I don't fit into barely anything I own anymore. I am trying to hold out on buying maternity things.. but only because I have this weird superstition in my head from my last miscarriage that I can't buy them just yet. Strange, I know. But whatever gets my mind at ease!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->