Maternity Leave Letter to Employer

squishmich

Reaction score
I'm sending a letter off to Head Office Human Resources, to announce my pregnancy and the approximate date of when I'll start my maternity leave.

Can I have your feedback on my letter? Has anyone done a letter yet? Or done one for a previous pregnancy? Do you need to have a doctor's note or proof of pregnancy?

"I am writing to inform you that I am currently expecting my first child, due approximately June 3rd 2015. As of my current state of health and attitude towards my pregnancy, I wish to apply for maternity leave in late May 2015. As we approach the due date, I’ll get confirmation from my doctor and give you an exact date of the start of my leave. In case of any complications, I will inform you of an extension of the leave so the store can adequately prepare.

If you have any questions or concerns, I would be more than happy to discuss them with you. I can be reached at _________ or by email at ______________

Regards,"

I agree with bubbles!

When i was working in doctors and got pregnant with my first child i didnt know what i was suppost to do, so instead of anything formal i randomly popped up with " hey doc, whats the maternity leave like in this place? and can i have some in like 7 months? " lucky for me he was a decent fellow and laughed, offerend me the flat above the doctors for realllly cheep price a week and knew id no childcare sorted so tried to get a childcare place opened in the office lol he wasnt allowed to but it was nice of him!

I didn't need to do anything like this. I just told my boss then had some forms to fill in that stated all of these things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->