maternity leave

diz

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Has any one given any thought to their maternity leave and when they might start it......???

I'm due on 26.7.09 & think I will start my maternity leave 6.7.09.

not quite sure yet, I also have 5 weeks holiday to take, Im due 4/9/09....

i'm due 28th of september working up to 14th probably. but will only be working for two weeks after 7 weeks holidays so should be ok!!! glad summer holidays is during the third tri for me!! will prob be taking up to 6 months off after that

I'm due 9th Aug, will be taking maternity leave 2 weeks before that, but I've got 3 weeks hols to take so I'll tag that on at the beginning too, so I'll have 5 weeks before the LO comes. That's assuming it comes on time ..... :baby:

i'm due 9th Sept i'm fininising week orso b4,how was ur scan yday? i hadmine yday aswell. I'm having a little girl! x

im due on the 14th august and im starting my mat leave on the 24th july :)

Due Aug 3rd. Hoping to start maternity leave either July 21st (but I only work Mon/Tue anyway - may have started earlier if I was full time). I only get paid maternity leave after the baby arrives so the later I start it the better.

i'm due 9th Sept i'm fininising week orso b4,how was ur scan yday? i hadmine yday aswell. I'm having a little girl! x
I'm having a little boy!!! The first image on the screen was a bottom and a pair of testicles, so we had no choice but to know!! :rofl:

I've put this thread out because I’m finding work really stressful at the moment. Everyone is in a bad mood - the staff are inconsolable (im middle management so im getting it from both sides) its starting to upset me, and i dread going into work each morning because i don't know what i'll have to deal with. Don't get me wrong, i love a challenge, and i love the challenge of managing people but just lately i feel i just dont have the emotional strength or the energy to deal with this type of stress as effectively as i have done in the past.

I am due Sep 1st..... I’m seriously thinking of leaving on the 1st July!!!

I have 10 days holidays booked at the end of May, and then maybe 4 days holiday days left to take after (or before that).

Any thoughts....???

The only thing I'd think about is going off so early is it will effect how long you have off with the baby afterwards, unless yr not going back to work?

The only think I'd think about is going off so early is it will effect how long you have off with the baby afterwards, unless yr not going back to work?

i'm going to take the full paid amount of time of (6 wks at 90% pay then 33 wks at SMP) I am also in two minds whether to go back to work as i have a second job that pays me 2/3rds of my wage for working half a day a week. I can not increase the number of hours on this second job so i can not earn any more money - however it gets you thinking when you work a 45 hour week for £315.00 or you can do a 4 hour week for £200.00 (no, im not pimping my body out :rofl::rofl:)

im due august 11th and im starting my mat leave very early, July 1st, and i have 30 weeks where my pay stays at at least 90% - 100%, then i'm going back. I'm only taking my leave so early because i only have to work saturday and sunday and i have mon-fri off! im really lucky with the way things have gone! xx

i'm going to take the full paid amount of time of (6 wks at 90% pay then 33 wks at SMP) I am also in two minds whether to go back to work as i have a second job that pays me 2/3rds of my wage for working half a day a week. I can not increase the number of hours on this second job so i can not earn any more money - however it gets you thinking when you work a 45 hour week for £315.00 or you can do a 4 hour week for £200.00 (no, im not pimping my body out :rofl::rofl:)

I'd defo just do the 4 hr a week one!!!

I teach, and am due on the 5th Sept.. So I will start on the 1st Sept but then have the 6weeks hols before. I'm a Head of Department so am tempted to try and go in for the meetings on the first day! Think I may need to be driven in though!!

My last day will be 27 August - I'm using up the rest of my holiday allocation (3 weeks) and then my actual maternity leave will start on my due date, 17 Sept. That's the plan at the moment anyway!

I'm due 15th September so officially my maternity leave will start on 7th September, but I'm taking 4 weeks holiday before then so my last day at work is 7th August! I get the full 1 year off and am tagging 4 weeks holiday onto the end too! I can't wait for the time off work, I know I will have a baby to look after but the thought of not being at work!!! :happydance:

Hi I'm due on 3rd August.:happydance:
I am taking 2 weeks annual leave from the 20th July then straight on to maternity leave.
That way more maternity leave and more time with baby. :happydance:

I teach aswell so i am really lucky. I am due Sept 9th, but will be having 7 weeks off because of the summer holiday!!!!

I teach, and am due on the 5th Sept.. So I will start on the 1st Sept but then have the 6weeks hols before. I'm a Head of Department so am tempted to try and go in for the meetings on the first day! Think I may need to be driven in though!!

You timed that much better than us - I start my ML at the beginning of the holidays so I don't even get full pay for the holidays! Ah well, there are worse things. We had been aiming for an August/Sept due date but these things aren't an exact science, eh?!

We break up for the summer on 21st July so that'll be my last teaching day all being well, and then my mat leave starts on the 26th and my due date's the 27th. So in reality I'll not be working for a week before my due date but technically it's the day before! All being well, of course...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->