Maternity Leave

nessajane

Reaction score
hi girls,
I have to decide when to start my maternity leave soon and am very undecided when to start it, i ws thinking 2 weeks before my due date but now im unsure and think maybe i should start it abit earlier?
decisions decisions!!

Im just curiuos to know what every one else is planning on doing? xx

Hiya...I am leaving at 35 weeks - fed up at work now so not working right up like I had first planned to. Taking 2 weeks holiday first so actual maternity leave will start at 37 weeks.

i was thinking of taking my holidays at the end of the year too but that would mean i would have no time off between now and december :( and i dont think i could handle that!!

That's the problem I have now - I have 1 days holiday to take and that's it before I leave on 7th November....torture!!! x

With my first i left 4wks b4 just to rest and make sure everything was ready!

i started leave at 37 and had chloe at 38- didnt give much time off, wish i'd had another week or 2. its tricky cos you dont actually know when bubs will arrive

My maternity leave starts at 38 weeks but ive stuck a weeks holiday on before that...

I'm officially starting at 38 weeks but i'm taking 2 weeks holiday before so my last day of work will be 15th Dec, at 36 weeks.

What do you work as? Is it very physical?

I'm officially starting at 38 weeks but i'm taking 2 weeks holiday before so my last day of work will be 15th Dec, at 36 weeks.

no i work in an office so sat infront of my computer all day so not physical at all really!!
i have about a week to decide yet im sure ill figure something out!!

I am lucky as I work from home, so I am going to try and work right up until I pop well a few days prior to my due date anyway. I'm trying to get the majority of my ML at home with the baby. Just hope she isn't late.

My maternity leave starts on the 10th November and I'm due on the 12th November. I've saved most of my hols all year and I'm taking 3 weeks off prior to official maternity leave starting. I finish work on 17th October - only 33 more days of work (not that I'm counting....).

I was going to put my holiday onto the end of my leave ie take it next year, but then I thought I deserve a break before baby arrives! Plus I'm sooo fed up of work xx

no i work in an office so sat infront of my computer all day so not physical at all really!!

Ah okay! Try and work as late as you can so you'll have more time with bubs. I think the same date as me, 15th of Dec is a good time for you :) Means you'll get some time before Xmas too.

Ah okay! Try and work as late as you can so you'll have more time with bubs. I think the same date as me, 15th of Dec is a good time for you :) Means you'll get some time before Xmas too.

i was thinking that- finishing on the 12th Dec then take a weeks holiday so my official leave will start from the 22nd Dec, if i do that i still have 5 days holiday days to take between now and then :) sounds like a plan to me!!

My maternity leave starts when I'm 35 weeks-but with holidays and the way my shift pattern works i finish on friday :happydance: Quite lucky as I'm taking a year off so wasn't too bothered about finishing up a bit early, and starting to struggle a bit with working 12 hour day/nightshifts.

My maternity leave starts at 38 weeks but ive stuck a weeks holiday on before that...

Same as... I finished work last Friday and this week is holiday. Officially starting maternity leave at 37 + 6

x :happydance:

I'm starting mat leave the week before I'm due, but I'll probably use 2 weeks holiday at the start of that to give me a bit of extra time.

My matleave officially starts Oct 10, so I will be 36 or 37 weeks then. Im likely going to need to take a couple sick leave weeks before then though as my job is probably as physical as you can get (I work in a hospital).

Since your in an office, personally id stay as long as possible so you can have more time off with your LO. Make sure you get up and walk around regularly, stretch, etc and do some activity at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->