Maternity Leave

faille

Mummy & WTT
Reaction score
Sorry this is probably in the wrong section and probably a bit early to be thinking about it, but my bosses at work keep asking me about when I plan to start my maternity leave.... and to be honest, I haven't got a clue when I should start??

What week or how many weeks before you're due should you start maternity leave? I had a look online where it gives you a personalised calendar of important dates and I've got to let my boss know by 17 Jan what I'm doing and that I can start my leave on 08 Feb - surely thats too early if I'm not due til 06 May?? Or isn't it? Obviously I don't have a clue :dohh: :rofl:

have a read of this hun it tells you everything you need to know about maternity leave :

https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parent...ilies/Pregnancyandmaternityrights/DG_10039631

Hope this helps xx

Some women go off early b/c they're too tired or they get backache etc etc and some just like some time off before baby arrives. I was planning to go off work on Dec 15th and I am due on the 10th of Jan but I might be changing it to Dec 1st as I'm starting to find the sleepless nights hard.

I can start my leave on 08 Feb - surely thats too early if I'm not due til 06 May?? Or isn't it? Obviously I don't have a clue :dohh: :rofl:

Hi Faille, the 8th Feb is the earliest you can start ML but its up to you if you finish any time after that right up until your due date! It a personal decision as to when you choose to finish. I am leaving at the earliest possible time due to the type of job I do & the fact that I hate it! But lots of other ladies work pretty close up until their due date. 36 weeks seems a popular time to finish?
Just have a think about the nature of your job, your financial situation, do you intend to go back to work? If so the more time you take off before your baby is born the less time you'll have afterwards...
Don't worry too much, as even though you have to submit your finish date by 17th Jan, you can change your mind after that if you need to. xxx

Thanks for the replies =)

It's not really helping when my boss keeps asking me and acts as if I know all there is to know when this is my first, added to that, he has never had to manage anyone whilst they're pregnant before :rofl: We make a right bloody pair, neither of us know what we're doing!

Think I'll just have to guess at the moment and see what it's like once I'm in 3rd tri - I can't ever imagine being that big or close to birth :dohh:

its up 2 u really depends on if ur gona go back after the 9months if so then leave it as lon as poss b4 leaving so u get more time with baby...u can leave up to the 11th week when baby is due xxxxxx

When i was having my risk assessment dome in work the person said that she expects me to finish about 29 weeks!!!! thats what she did and she had her son at 30 weeks!!!!
This was 20 years ago and i think she was totally wrong to say that to me
Im due 10th May and i am really hopeing to start at 38 weeks with 2 weeks hols before that so really about 36 weeks
I will be working in the hospital where i will be having the baby so if i do go early i can just take a little walk to the mat unit which is next door lol
I have just taken this job and the manager seamed fine with this and just said see how you feel you may want to start early or not take the hols!
So glad im changing jobs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->