Maturnity leave.

ames_x

Mummy to 2 beautiful boys
Reaction score
Hiya ladies!

Just curious as to when you are leaving for maturnity leave and how long your having off?

I'm thinking of leaving 3 weeks before im due and being off for around 6/7 months? Unsure yet! x

Im stopping 2 weeks before Im due...and I think im gonna have 9 months off but that all depends on the finances more than anything!! xx

I'm leaving 3 weeks before but then having 3 weeks before that as holiday :) I want to have the whole year off but will have to see how money goes, i will be saving money for the last 3 months but if something big breaks like the boiler or something then ill be back after 9 months!

Im planning on going off at 34 weeks using 2 weeks annual leave and then 1 month maternity (In other words 6 weeks off before due date). A bit early for some but im in a really heavy job and I doubt ill last any longer than this. Im hoping to take at least 9 months off, hopefully up to a year but like Steph says it totally depends on the finances x

Yeah finances are the same reason i wont be taking a year... but i will hopefully be going back part-time! x

I have 4 weeks hols I have to take before the end of July - when I will be 36 weeks. There's no way I want to go back in after those holidays - so I'm finishing at 32 weeks (which seems mega early!!)

Officially my mat leave will start at 36 weeks, and I'm due an early induction for medical reasons - they've said they'll plan this at 37 weeks, so I won't have too much mat leave wasted actually before baby is born - and I'm really lucky my hols have worked out so well!!

I'm hoping to be off for a year, but we'll see what happens to finances!

im leaving 3 weeks before and having off about 7 months . i think anything more before my due date would be too much as i want to save as much as possible for when the baby comes:happydance:

I had planned on leaving work on the may bank holiday, but I finished yesterday.......I have 5 weeks until my due date. Suffered with a really bad back around 25 weeks and it made me re think things through. Everyone said to me to make the most of some quiet time before little one comes, and as both of my friends have been 3 weeks and 4 weeks early I thought it was a good idea, you watch though, I'll be the one who is 2 weeks late!

I'm finishing about 7 weeks before (so about 33 weeks) and staying off for the full 39 weeks of pay plus any annual leave either side. I can't stay off any longer without pay. Not sure if I'm going back to this job (really dont want to) or finding another part time role while setting up my own business. Wish I cold have longer off but can't afford it at all. Still nearly 10 months off isn't a short time really!

hi, im finishing work at the end of may ive got a weeks holiday in may so ive only got 12 days to work as i work 4on 4off all of july is holidays and then 4 weeks maternity as i work nights and have to stand for 12hrs i would find it hard to work to the end ill be 30 weeks then. xx

I'm hoping to work till about a week before I am due but who knows how realistic that is going to be. I will be taking a year off, we get approx. 55% of our income during that time, so I want to take full advantage.

I know some of you have said that it depends on finances, and I couldn't agree more. I've looked into how much child care would cost, if I were to go back to work and compared it to how much I would actually earn. As long as there is only 1 child in child care it's okay but if there are 2, for me there is no point working. I'm hoping to find something that I can do from home.

ill be working till i have the baby and ill only have 4 weeks off :sad2:
im a self employed childminder so no maternity pay and the risk of the parents finding another childminder mean i cant have anymore time off:hissy:

ill be working till i have the baby and ill only have 4 weeks off :sad2:
im a self employed childminder so no maternity pay and the risk of the parents finding another childminder mean i cant have anymore time off:hissy:

Oh gosh i'd hate that! Who would look after the baby? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->