Maxi Cosi Cabriofix and Footmuffs

Rebaby

Mum to 2 boys
Reaction score
Does anyone have a footmuff for their maxi cosi cabriofix car seat? We are going to be buying the car seat soon and I'm wondering if it's worth spending £30 on the footmuff to match...

If you have the footmuff for it, then can you tell me if you can have your LO in the footmuff actually strapped in the car for the journey and whether or not (in your opinion) it's cosy for them or do you think it would be too hot? Also, the footmuff looks pretty big, more like a sleeping bag- do you have a raincover for your car seat and does the rain cover fit over the car seat when the footmuff is on????

Sorry- lots of questions i know. We'll be using the car seat on the frame of our quinny buzz occasionally too so i would like to get the footmuff but then if we're out and about pushing Toby and it starts raining (highly likely here in Manchester!) and the raincover won't fit over the footmuff then there's not much point i reckon?!

This is what we are thinking of getting (although probably not from halfords):

Car Seat

foot muff

didn't know they did footmuffs. If i did i wouldn't have bought one. A blanket does just as good a job! save your money!!

we just use a blanket too, how big is Toby? I'm sure Jacob will have outgrown his seat in 2 or 3 months as he's now 18lb and over 65cms long so if Toby is big you'd probably be best just saving your money and using a blanket. :)

We got the footmuff for ours and to be honest it has been a goodsend this winter! We used it instead of a snowsuit or jacket as it is very warm. Yes the raincover does fit over it too. Its up to u hun, but for me a blanket wouldnt have done the same job. Its very cosy imo :thumbup:

Its fitted on through the straps of the car seat and is very much like a sleeping bag I suppose but Its easy to unzip too when they r in the car or out and about so they dont overheat.

I love the idea of one, much easier than struggling to get a snow suit on, and nicer for bub not to be so bundled up with layers of clothing.

we had one when ruby was in the cabriofix & it was a godsend! so snuggly but not too warm! raincover fitted fine, and it saved a lot of hasstle with coats & hats too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->