*~* May 2013 - Spring Babies*~* 117 Jelly Babies - 22 Boy's & 19 Girl's - 5 Babies :D

Hey girls! Crazy trauma over the last two days. Went to the hospital yesterday morning after 7 hours of labor ing t home with hard and frequent contractions. Doc thought I would be a 5. Took a ninja route to avoid the marathon. Got in with contractions getting so much worse and faster still only to be told I was still a 2! I could have died. Doc offered to come in and break my water so DH and I said ok as thre was no way we could spend yet another day with contractions like that and getting no where.
Turns out it was a great thing because the water was full of meconium! Dylan needed to get out of there! So, anesthia came in about 3:30 and gave me the epidural and it wasn't bad at all. Doc started pitocin to get my contractions more normal, and an did they roll on HARD! She would check me every 2/3 hours and sometimes I would progress 1 cm or none at all. It was so sad. It took until 8:45 this morning of 27 hours non stop labor to get to and 8 and I just stalled out. And that's not counting the 10 hours on Saturday!
So, to back up a little, around 4 am they told me I had a slight fever. I thought it was nbd, but apparently I was super wrong. It meant I had an infection and need antibiotics and so would Dylan. Again I thought nbd, wrong again. She needed NICU at delivery and to leave to go there immediately after delivery.
They say her white blood cell count is raised from fighting an infection, so it's going to be 48 hours before we get her cultures back to find out what the infection is. And they want to eep her in the NICU for a week to observe her! It's so sad!
I'm sorry this sorry is so long and all over the place. I'm on way too many drugs right now.
In the end, the doc said D was way too big for me to deliver and it was good we got her out because they found the infection all around my uterine wall.
Dylan Jane was born May 6 at 10:04 am weighing in at a solid 8 lbs and 21 inches long. With crazy thick black hair to boot! Now to just to get her out of NICU!

Oh my goodness sorry it went so terribly for you but glad babes will be ok hope they don't want to keep her for a week. You did great congrats and let us know how it works out.

Congratulations mighty! That must have happened quick and out of nowhere -gives me some hope!

Sass - wow what a time of it! So you ended up with a section? I hope she's okay, sounds like she's getting the best care so hopefully will be fine and home with you soon. Really hope you are okay too, it must all be a big shock at the moment. I hope your DH is looking after his girls and that both of your recoveries are swift.

Congratulations mightymom! Looking forward to hearing more about it when you get chance xxxx

Oh Sass what a nightmare for you all but she is here- yay! I bet she is beautiful! I hope you can use this week to rest and recuperate yourself. XxxxxxxX

Congrats Mightymom and Sass and thanks for updating xxxxx

Next......?

Congrats MM and Sass. Xxxxxx Can't wait for some photos.

Sass I hope Dylan is home with you ASAP and you can use this time to rest.

AFM - a rough night but I'm happy to say my definition of "rough" is now way better than last week. Probably got about 5 hours sleep in total so not too awful really.

Although considering I spent 9pm-9am in bed you'd hope more than 5 hours would have been sleep!

Congrats sass sorry it was such a traumatic time and I hope you get her home soon

Holy only one more awful sleep and I have my baby tomorrow morning. My hips are killing me and I have such a headache. On the plus side looks as if my gd has gone away by itself I was on insulin morning and night but noticed I was having a hard time keeping up my numbers so I didn't take it yesterday morning or last night and my numbers have been great.

Serious BH again, having to breath through them!

Ooh Hann that sounds promising! Some of mine take my breath away but they go away eventually so if yours continue it might be the start :)

Pink that is great about your GD! Good sign for afterwards that you will be fine. How lovely you get to have your baby tommorow- enjoy this last day of bumpage and feeling him kick. Looking forward to hearing all about it xxxx

my BH have been the worst lately holy like all night long its terrible. I cannot wait to get this kid out this has been a really rough pregnancy for me and I will be happy to have him out and safe and sound I have been so worried the last few days something is wrong or hes too big dont remember being so paranoid with my first lol

I know what you mean think I'm starting to worry about the size of this one. I never had a bump with DD yet this time I've got huge and fundal height is 44 with scans showing 95centile

I'm starting to panick

I was bothered about the size but now I just feel so awful I'm less bothered and just want to have it. Still not contractions, really bad tightenings and feeling really sick and weak. I feel terrible because I can't play with DD as I feel so bad. Thankfully my parents and DH are all here. I'm feeling what I can only describe as swollen and painful down below and around my pelvis. Surely it can't be like this much longer before I go into labour?!

I know what you mean Hann I'm feeling very restricted today have taken to my jammies and at times even want them off as I feel so restricted

Ooooohhhh ladies, I really hope this is the start of things for you both ♡

Cant believe jenson is a week old today already! Im still so incredibly sore down there though, especially when I pee it stings so bad I cry sometimes! Any tips to help things? Xx

Lpjkp have you tried a warm bath with a few drops of Lavender or Tea Tree oil? I read it helps it to heal and I've used Lavender before and it's amazing?

Ohhh I havent tried that...I'm trying to get by with warm salt baths, and putting my maternity pads in the freezer...I really thought labour is the worst of the pain, but the after-labour has kicked my ass the most!

If you google it there is loads about how good it is post birth, only needs 5-7 drops to a bath. Hope it helps, I'm dreading the post birth. I've already got a new bottle of Lavender and some arnica granules to take ready! Hope it eases soon, love the Avatar xx

Oh I also read you can put a few oil drops on your pads.

Mix the essential oil with some salts or baking powder so they dissolve in the bath other wise they will just sit on top. Also keep drinking loads of water. Arnica will also help healing

Oh LP. :( I'm sorry you're suffering so much. Did you have to have a lot of stitches? Have you posted your birth story anywhere? Did I miss it?

I had tons (took 90 minutes) but luckily (?!) mine are inside mostly so wee doesn't really get on them. I'm scared what sex is going to be like though.

MM - don't worry about size. I was measuring 43 at 38 when I was in labour. Scan the week before she arrived growth scan had her at 7lb14 with a head size over the 95th line - yet a week layer she arrived 7lb 8oz and an exactly average head!

LP - if its really bad get it checked out just to be on the safe side re:infection. I got one and it was incredibly painful.

BH have slowed and almost stopped. More teasing for me then! Although I have to believe that they are doing something and that it can't be too long!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->