*~* May 2013 - Spring Babies*~* 117 Jelly Babies - 22 Boy's & 19 Girl's - 5 Babies :D

Hann - how long after birth was your infection? I keep hoping I'm past the stage where I could get one.

Cupcake - you'll be fine when it comes to sex just leave it until at least 6 weeks. I had a tear and an episiotomy which they say us equivalent to a second degree tear. Mine then got infected and tore open so was pretty awful. I really hope I avoid anything this time, I had more than my fair share last time!!

Oh just missed your post - mine got sore on day 4 and fully infected day 5, I was then on 4 sets of antibiotics and 3 sets of painkillers for a week. It didn't close until 8 weeks post partum - I was literally walking around with an open wound for all that time. Awful is not the word! They wouldn't restitch it back together as they said it would just break open again! Lovely!

Mines a 2nd degree. Feeling pretty good though and 9 days pp so fingers crossed I'll be ok.

Such a scary prospect. Must've been awful for you. Xx

You'll be fine - most infections are caught while they stitch you up so you'd know by now if you had one.

I know what you mean think I'm starting to worry about the size of this one. I never had a bump with DD yet this time I've got huge and fundal height is 44 with scans showing 95centile

I'm starting to panick

Mine is right on for measurements and I have only gained 17 lbs which is all baby and water placenta etc but with the gd they really worry you that your baby will be big it's awful.

Ive mentioned it to the midwife twice and she just said its normal to be in pain for at least 15 days :s

Ive only got a graze and a 1st degree unstitched tear but its close to where I pee instead so the urine irritates the wound. ..I don't think its helping being so active either...my DH is great with the baby but pretty unsympathetic to the fact ive just had a baby and I ache and hurt...hes got family constantly round and having them round in a few minutes, which im seriously annoyed about...is it too much to ask to spend more than an hour as a family?! X

We live downstairs from my Inlaws for now and I have already told hubby nobody is coming by unannounced our family is having the baby not there's we need time to bond. I'm used to doing everything so it's been hard to ask for help but I have to men need to be told what to do they don't get it!

Good call Pink, I've already told hubby we are on visit lock down for a week apart from the grandparents.

It's important to spend time as your own little unit and they will see him in the hospital so it's not like they don't see him at least once before we come home.

Hi ladies! It's getting so exciting in here! Congrats sass & MM!!

AFM I might be on my way too! Today is my due date & I've been cramping & contracting all day & have had a pink watery discharge. I'm wondering if its the bloody show or my waters breaking because I've read that is pinkish too?? Contractions are 10ish minutes apart but longer here and there. What do you girls think?

Can't wait to find out if its a boy or girl!!!

Bellarosa sounds like it could be it :) my second labour was very stop/start & contractions took awhile to get regular xxx

Lpjkp- sorry to hear you are sore, you definately need to take some weight of that tush! It did take me awhile to heal last time but I found arnica cream helpful and really soothing. There's also a local anaesthetic gel alled instillagel that you might be able to ask your midwife for. It numbs and soothes the are and also is antibacterial too. Other that that lots of rest and knicker free time when you can just lie on you side on a towel. When you need to pee get a jug of warm water and pour in on your bits as you go and it will dilute the wee so that it doesn't sting and then gently pat dry. Get it looked at though if you find it is getting worse not better xxx

Pink best of luck for tommorow hun xxxx

Hann I totally feel for you- today has been so hard my pelvis feels like it can take no more and I've been getting aches and braxton hicks all day that nust disappointly fizzle out into nothing. Babys head is so low that everytime it moves it I get a lightening bolt of pain. I wont sleep now im so uncomfy but I will lie here analysing every twinge and ache and hope it turns into something- grrr am going mad with the wait which is silly really I'm mot exactly bored I have plenty to do with my two boys- I think it's just the not knowi g when and knowing that I have to get the boys settled when the time comes too xxx

Congrats sass and mm!
I am so miserable. Ugh. Only two more days til my next appt and I'm rly debating whether to let him induce or not...I threw up twice today and can barely eat amything I am so uncomfortable and can't sleep or anything...I have lost another pound so idk how any of this can be good for baby :/

Also does anyone know if hemorrhoids go away after baby comes? I am so tired of them! And they have seemed to leave some er...loose skin back there I guess from stretching it out..anyone had this or know if it goes away? I feel so unattractive and gross..OH refuses to dtd anymore cuz he says its "weird" for him :/ so I can't use that method to try and help labor along...sucks...I'm so ready to be done its not even funny

Kezzie - how are you today? I'm still getting very regular BH, exhausted and feel rubbish. I have a reflexologist coming in an hour which will hopefully be nice. Apparently they can tell how ready you are for labour by feeling certain points for a hormone shift. I wouldn't be surprised if she said I still had a while though. Feel totally wiped out at the minute but then again I looked back at my notes before I had DD and I was the same. Really hope it happens for us soon!!

Yeah I feel wiped out too Hann and I remember feeling that way last time too. I do feel strange today, I'm not quite 'with it' and getting period pains on and off plus lota of pressure so I'm hoping that something might happen in the next 2-4 days. It will be interesting to hear what the reflexologist says. Fingers crossed for us to be soon! X

Rubbish news from the reflexologist - apparently I'm not ready to go into labour, she said she definitely think I'll make my appointment at 40+5 on Monday, big big sigh!!

Sorry to hear that Hann that sucks. I'm not having a great day either. Had a lovely flight on the air ambulance. Now sat in Aberdeen hubby and DD won't be here for hours yet. My waters have gone and consultant had over looked group b strep and freaked out.

Getting mild tightenings but nothing to write home about. Updating my journal thou if you want to stalk feel free

Wow missmayhem - air ambulance! I hope your DH gets there in time! Good luck and I'll def check out your journal for updates!

We're fine just waiting on contractions starting. Hoping to be on the labour ward soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->