*~* May 2013 - Spring Babies*~* 117 Jelly Babies - 22 Boy's & 19 Girl's - 5 Babies :D

Congratulations Kezzie and Lady H!

Nope no baby here yet, officially last one left!
Had 9 hours of contractions yesterday, got to 2 minutes apart then they stopped. Went to hospital and only 2cm dilated so no idea what was going on. Stopped in the early hours and no sign of a thing today. Had a sweep and a big bloody show but still nothing.
Got a mw appointment tomorrow morning for another sweep but not holding out much hope of it being successful. Think it might be late this week - after Thursday and a week over.
Might not be on here much until it eventually happens as I'm the only one left its just getting me down and I need to try and think positive and relax

Hann, how frustrating for you Hun. Xxx fingers crossed that baby will be here soon.

MesBabcock I was thinking the same! What do you ladies think of moving this thread over to the Baby groups?

I've started a new thread here as I think this one will reach capacity soon anyway as we've done a LOT of chatting!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...-april-eary-may-2013-babies.html#post27291103

Let me know your baby's name, DOB and weight and I'll add you t the list.

You'll notice it's called "late April early may" as son many babies popped out early!!

Congrats lady h & Kezz!

Hann I hope you don't have to wait to much longer. Try to savor every last minute with your little girl before bubs comes along.

Afm I can't believe Ziva will be 3 weeks old tomorrow!! Where has the time gone?!?

Come on Hann! It's time to join us! That cheeky baby needs to read its eviction notice pretty sharpish and make an arrival! Hope you're as well as can be and making the most of your last few daysof pregnancy! Xx

Congrats lady and kezz!!! Xx

Just wanted to pop in and say congratulations to all those that have their bumps now in their arms...and a big good luck to those still waiting to give birth :)

x

Hi ladies! I just spent a little time catching up on all of your posts & it's so wonderful to hear about all of the adorable babies being born! Hann, hang in there!!!! It will happen before you know it!!!

AFM, it's a girl!!! Madelyn Grace was born on her due date - May 7th, at 11:54 pm 7 lbs 9 oz 19 inches!

Contractions only started getting regular around 7 pm and they were suddenly on top of each other! Called my midwife and was encouraged to stay home for a while and try a shower. It was so painful! After the shower we ended up at the hospital and despite originally wanting an unmedicated birth I was asking for an epidural. Well they checked me at the hospital and I was already 9 cm!!! No time for an epidural & it got to the point that I realized i was holding the baby in while standing. As soon as I said that, midwife checked me again and sure enough I was 10 cm and time to push! Around 20 mins later she was out!

I've never felt so primal as during pushing. It was as though my body had no choice but to push every time a contraction came. Very weird feeling.

Unfortunately I ended up with hemotomin (sp?) which basically means when they stitched my second degree tear (which took 45 mins and I could feel the needle going in and out) they apparently missed an artery I had nicked open which was spurting blood beneath my stitches and causing an awful stabbing pain in my bum. Midwife kept coming in, reaching into my uterus and pulling out blood clots which hurt worse that labor. Finally they put me out and sent me to the OR to get my stitches redone. I lost a lot of blood and had to stay in the hospital for an extra day for 2 blood transfusions. I can't believe that as a first timer, labor only really lasted 5 hours (7 pm til midnight)! And I can't believe I did it unmedicated (even though I do admit I asked repeatedly for the epidural only to be told it was too late)!

But, Madelyn is the sweetest happiest baby! She only cries when hungry breastfeeding was going well until engorgement where I got too huge for her to latch on properly so I'm actually pumping as we speak. My lactation consultant has me pumping and feeding her the expressed milk in a bottle near my breast so as to fake her out while I sort out the latching problem, but at least she's still drinking my milk.

Bella: Yikes! What an ordeal! Very scary, but glad you are okay. My engorgement was awful and I expressed milk too. But I just expressed 2oz or so, then let baby latch. It seemed 2oz is the magic number to make it easier to latch. Since then I've started pumping the other side after feedings. Seems to have helped. Starting my milk stash early!

Any updates for hann yet? Hope baby is here! Xxx

Hi everyone sorry for the silence, had a horrible 5 days of stop start labour before it finally started for real on Monday night and we had our baby boy late last night. He's totally gorgeous! Was a tricky labour as he turned back to back during it so I managed to labour in the natural birth centre but after 2 hours of pushing he wasn't turning and he actually started going higher even though I was fully dilated. With my slipped discs and sciatica they decided I had to go to the labour ward where I got an epidural and they tried to turn him. An hour later I was allowed to start pushing again and 40 mins later out he came. He is a big boy at 8 pounds 2 but amazingly I had no tears or episiotomy so I'm feeling really normal. We left the hospital after 10 hours and have been at home enjoying lots of cuddles since then. He's feeding really well, really good latch and not too sore at the moment, early days though!
Just so happy to have my little guy here and now I have one of each, couldn't be happier!

Congratulations hann!!!!!!!!!

Im so incredibly happy for you! !! Sounds like you definitely had a rough time of it, but thats amazing you didnt tear! Welcome to the world little man!

You should join us over on the baby group that cupcake set up :) xxx

Thank you! Yes wasn't a fun birth lol but we are both okay so just happy for that!
I'm not really an early may baby so not sure i qualify for the group but will poke my head in as long as people don't mind :)

Congratulations Hann!! So thrilled for you! My labor was start/stop as well so I feel your pain. Glad the epidural worked to help him turn. And no tear! Yay! Can't wait for pics. :)

Hann of course you qualify!!!! Wouldn't be the same without you. Xxxx

Sorry your labour was so long and complicated but amazing news that it was all great in the end. Xxxxx

Hann congratulations! You thought he was a boy :) sorry to hear of rough birth :-( mine wasn't wonderful either but so pleased it's done and they are here safe. X

Hey everyone just checking in cant believe mason is 10 days old. It's been a very rough recovery for me after a very rough surgery feeling your insides being cut and moved is not a good feeling. I could barely hold mason for days couldn't feed him or anything my insides hurt so bad hubby had to take extra time off. Just when that all subsided I woke up to a stiff neck and not just any stiff neck all the muscles in my body have seized up and I can barely turn my neck dr gave me muscle relaxants and I have t3s for the intense throbbing pains in my head. I just wanna feel normal and get to being the mom i wanna be on the bright side mason is amazing. Sleeps literally all the time haha gets up once at night to eat than sleeps in I'm sure that will change. I was up and out of bed 6 hours after I had him and had no problems it all got progressively worse but he is worth it and will hear the stories when he's older lol

Aw pink. I'm sorry it's gone so poorly for ya. I wound up w a c too and DH also had o take extra time off work. The recovery is a b*tch!

hi everyone, just popping on while I've got a minute to update.

Oscar Benjamin arrived by c-section on 8/5/13 weighing 7lbs 2oz (not the 10lber we were expecting)

he is absolutely wonderful although has had a rocky start as he lost 15% of his body weight and went down to just 6lbs.. we are on the right track though now and he is steadily gaining.

congrats on all babies born so far

kate xx

My first c section was a breeze compared to this one but slowly im getting better. Congrats to all you ladies with your little bundles!! got masons first photo shoot done today with an amazing newborn photographer he did great heres a sneak peak.
https://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s675/lexytiara/null_zps0687938e.jpg
https://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s675/lexytiara/null_zps46c1a25b.jpg

Congratulations Bobbles! Pleased to hear your little man is doing well now xxx

Lovely photos pink! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member