*~* May 2013 - Spring Babies*~* 117 Jelly Babies - 22 Boy's & 19 Girl's - 5 Babies :D

Cupcake: Happens all the time with Colton. Unless it's inconvenient for us (like we're in the car driving) we change him anyway. He squeals but it's only for a minute and then he's back out.

Congratulations pink and mrsbabcock! Jayson and Mason, it's like they were meant to share a birthday!

Congratulations pink and mrsbabcock!

Kezzie - good luck for today's sweep - hope it work!

Well my contractions died after 4 hours, was so depressed as same thing happened with DD - on/off for 4 days. Really hope I'm more efficient this time, seems somewhat unfair that I get this again after last time! Hard to feel positive when that happens so woken up feeling pretty depressed. I know that's stupid as the baby will be here in the next week but I'm just disappointed that yesterday led to nothing :(

Hann I dont blame you for feeling disappointed- it is so frustrating when it is stop/start. I felt entirely despondent this morning after having pains last night that led to nothing.

Midwife appointment today has given me some hope though :) she actually found my cervix (wohoo!) And did a sweep and said I was 2cm dilated so thats something. I know it could still be days yet but at least my body is doing something. She reckons I need to chill out or its not going to happen anytime soon- I know that what im anxious about is getting the boys sorted with childcare so I'm going to say to the parents in law please can you have them overnight tonight and Saturday so I know if anything kicks off they are sorted. I will go round and put them to bed and get them up in the mornings and take them home if nothing happens but I just don't want to be rushing them around in the middle of the night.

Kinda doubtful as to how effective the sweep was as it didn't really hurt?? I've also not bled or anything yet. I spent the rest of the morning shoppi g and running errands and apart from pelvis and sciatic pain I wouldnt really say I've had any period like cramping yet just lots of pressure down below- :-/ im unsure what to expect really as never had a proper sweep done before.

I've been told that you need to be relaxed to go into labour - although first time round that wasn't the case for me but I am really trying this time! Getting the childcare will help and its great you got the sweep! I'm sure they'll tell me my cervix is too high on Monday which will be beyond annoying!!
I had a successful sweep last time and I can't remember if I had initial bleeding - I know she was a bit bloody after doing it (lovely) but I definitely had a fair bit that night so it might just take a while to work its way down. My sweep didn't hurt either - no more than a smear test. I hope it does the job for you!
Are we the only ones still waiting for labour?! That seems mad when its a may thread and its only 10th but everyone seems to have gone early! So weird!

Hope it's soon for you two ladies. :) Just think - whatever happens next weekend you'll have your babies x

Midwife has just been. I'm all discharged. :( I love my midwife so much, we both had a little cry saying bye.

Baby Bee is doing amazing. Was 7lb 8oz at birth. Went down to 7.4 last Saturday when weighed and today weighed in at 8lb!!

Midwife couldn't believe it, said its an almost unheard of gain for a breastfed baby. So I'm a very happy mummy. :)

Thats great cupcake! You have full cream milk their girl :)

Yep Hann I think it is just us two left, crazy when you think how busy this thread was in the beginning. I think so many have drifted away. And it is amazing how many have gone early! So jelaous haha.

Don't worry about that old cervix too much last time when I was 7 days late she had a good old rummage (ouch) and it was so high and far back she couldn't do anything but I still had him naturally later that day. I don't imagine you would go any later than 7 days if you weren't with your first. X

Crazy isn't it - you should go first in fairness then I'll be the last man standing - mental seeing as its not even the middle of the month! That's good to know about the cervix thing thank you!

i'm so excited to see what these yellow bumps are going to be!!
hopefully it will come very soon for you girls!!

Thanks jtink - it's keeping me going just to find out what he/she is going to end up being. I can't really complain at the moment with the wait, I get a bit more 1:1 time with my gorgeous DD and she's so into being cuddled at the moment and has just started to tell me she loves me so I know I'm really lucky and should be more patient waiting a few more days for this one!

Hann - midwife could barely reach my cervix when I was in labour! And 5 hours later I'd given birth. And that's with a first baby. Imagine how much quicker things could change with #2!

Honestly I had no 'signs' at all. The whole TTC, pregnancy, birth process has taught me you can't trust anything.

I know you must be miserable and impatient though, and am sending you all the labour dust I can. Xxx

That's interesting to know that they couldn't reach your cervix during labour - thanks cupcake! I've just arranged for my parents who are currently staying to go out tomorrow do we can DTD and see if that helps, probably not but still I'll give it a try. Really feel like I'm more like 5 days away than 2 days away but I guess you never know. Will be a tad freaked out when I do go into labour as although I've been doing hypnobirthing I still haven't wrapped my head around labour for the second time. Will be nice to join you all chatting about newborns though hopefully soon! :)

Haha Hann I've got this image of you actually saying to the parents that they need to go out so you can dtd ;-) I'm sure you didn't but I have a friend who actually lives with her husband and parents full time and she would tell them they are so freakily open and honest about these things lol.

Have boys settled at the in laws house now and am feeling like a fraud as nothing happening here apart from a backache. Feel sicky and really want to go to bed though so waiting for MIL to come home and then will rush off to bed. Might try some evening primrose oil up 'there' tonight too just in case it helps. I've been taking it orally but not been bothering the other way as I can't find my cervix.

Lol no I didn't tell them - just suggested they go to the garden centre with DD in the morning ;)
I tried EPO last night and can't find my cervix either, that's why I doubt I'll have successful sweep on Monday. Who knows though. I think epo thins the cervix but doesn't always dilate. I also heard you can dilate and thin but still have a high cervix.
Thinking positively for us - it MUST happen soon!!

Hi ladies my yellow bump turned blue

My intuition was right! Baby Ripley was born 9th may just before 8pm by emergency c section. As my body refused to get past 3 cm.

He is a little beauty and feeding is going well. Pic in my journal.

Love to you all. Your turn now Hann

I couldn't find my cervix the day I went into labour. And I was 3ck and thinned loads and MW could barely reach it (once I was in labour as I just mentioned)

Wow we had a little burst of babies there didn't we. Was that 3 in the past 2 days?? Who knew so much of this group would be done and may not even halfway over! Hann ull go next. I went from nothing rly happening to giving birth in less than 24 hrs so hang in there!

Feeding is going really well for little guy and I he has a great latch and feeds for 30 min at a time at least. He is just now starting to be a little fussy. May try a pacifier tonight just to let him suck for 2 min to fall asleep then ill take it out but he REALLY likes to suck and I know he can't be hungry cuz I JUST fed him for a straight 40 min.. and if I give him my finger hell suck it for 2 min and then is out like a light

Yay MM. Huge congrats on baby Ripley. :)

MrsBabcock. I tried a soothie a couple of nights ago when I was desperate and she had fed for 2 hours.

She would not take it at all. :( Will try again in a couple of weeks though as she's a very sucky baby and I think it'd benefit her.

Yeah exactly lol he's a sucky baby. It seems to sooth him but I don't wanna sit there with my finger in his mouth. And I know he's not hungry cuz I have plenty of colostru m and he sucked for a straight 30 min. And he is clean and warm just fussy but I don't want to offer him boob every time bc he will get too much snd spit up which he's already done once he went back for seconds and spit up 15 min after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->