*~* May 2013 - Spring Babies*~* 117 Jelly Babies - 22 Boy's & 19 Girl's - 5 Babies :D

I'll write up my birth story later recovery has been a lot harder this time as i felt a lot of what was going on and I shouldn't have so I was really tense and they could barely get mason out. All pretty traumatic but everyone is home safe and sound and healthy mason is now 8 lbs and eating 2 ounces of formula about every 3 hours sleeps all the time it's great!

I'm hearing you cupcake and mrs b

Last night Ripley fed for an hour off for two fed for one off for one fed for two and still screamed. I gave in and said enough, he then had 9ml expressed colostrum and is still asleep

Please send me your labour dust ladies I really need to have this baby now! 8 days overdue today and woke up early with painful but irregular contractions.

Got up and had some breakfast and started tidying up and they seem to have fizzled out again :-(

I'm not entirely without hope as this happened last time on and off but it is frustrating. Am feeling a bit scared too as I think I had forgotton how horrible the pain could be and these are just the mild ones lol!!

I'm gonna try have a walk later to see if that helps and hopefully another snooze as tired from getting up early doors. Hope all you ladies are ok. Pink- look forward to hearing your birth story, sorry yohbhad a rough time :-( xxx

Oh kezzie that sounds promising and weirdly enough I started getting them too at around 3am, they were coming every 12 mins and were taking my breath away but copeable. I went for a lie down at 6-7 and dozed but was still aware if them if that makes sense then now I'm up its still happening but they've not got more intense. I'm thinking its either happening today and its a slow start like last time or its more on/off labour but will set the real thing off in the next couple if days as I had this for 4 days before proper labour with DD. Either way I'm feeling more confident that its all going to happen soon!
I think it sounds like yours will be too. Fingers crossed for May 11th or 12th babies for us both!! Good luck :)

Sorry your recovery is rough pink :(
I am rly thankful I am suprised how normal I feel just 48 hours out. Still a bit swollen down there but no real pain. This bed and my sore back r the worst of my symptoms!

Rly rough night last night tho...from yesterday afternoon on he became more irregular with his feedings idk why he was doing so good his first day :( he started only going for 5 or 10 min before falling asleep and I could not keep him awake to keep ggoing like I had been..and he was spitting up after feeds too but the nurse said that was fine and might even b a sign my milk is starting to come in.

At 1240am he started feeding and was doing well staying awake..but then he started screaming bloody murder when he'd accidently unlatch and could not be consoled until he relatched. After an hr and a half I had to call the nurse bc I was falling asleep with him in my arms and had no idea how to get him to stop crying :'( it was rough

And I was so overtired that when I tried to fall alseep I had mini nightmares and would wake up with a gasp and had 5 or 6 of those before finally falling asleep. They were awful horrible dreams too I was kind of disturbed that my mind dreamed them :/ not sure if I should tell my dr I feel perfectly fine and happy now that I'm awake and rested and even last night I wasn't super upset or stressed just didn't know wha t to do. Hm. Will say something if it happens again..

Sorry for the novel! Hope all of you mamas r doing well too

Sending labor dust!

Awww MrsBabcock, it's just hormones.

I had a dream about 4 days in that I died. I've never ever had a dream like that and it was really scary and made me worry about my brain.

But now we're in the swing of things and getting decent enough sleep things are much better. X

Hann and Kezzie!!!! Eeeeee. Babies this weekend!!

I've had an awful day emotionally. :(

I put a picture on our baby album online last night of Bee snuggled up in bed in her new PJs (adorable!)

Don't know if I've said but we had real trouble getting her to sleep anywhere except on us. But managed to crack it but rolling up a blanket into a U shape and then laying her in that so she had a bit of something either side.

I know it's not ideal but she's in her sidecar, less than a foot from my face, and wears her Snuza breathing monitor.

Well, my SIL saw the picture and has sent me a big FB message about how dangerous U shaped pillows are and there should be nothing in the crib and she's worried for Bee.

I know she's only being kind, but it's hurt my feelings SO much that I've just cried on and off all day.

I feel like that whole side of his family must now think I'm being an awful parent and putting her at risk. :( Of course I know her sleeping like that isn't ideal, but I'm not an idiot.

I literally spent an entire night awake reading safe ways to get her comfy. This was the way I felt was best.

I've never felt so judged, and like a failure. It's just horrible after being so proud of myself yesterday about her amazing weight gain.

Well it's nice to see all the babies coming I have 2 weeks left
And I started to get fewcramps an tightings hoping things progress for y ladies in labour and I will be bk to check

My spinal didn't work as well this time with my son i didn't feel anything but this time around I felt a lot it was awful and clearly not how it was suppose to go. I was up and about like 6 hours later despite all of that. Feeling a bit better today first night home was great mason woke up every 3 hours ish. I got up at 5 to make a bottle and my other son was out on the couch with my husband and mason was in his basinette such a sweet picture. Couldn't have asked for a happier baby and I love having two boys more than I thought i would.

CupcakeBaby: Firstly, your SIL has NO business sending you a FB message like that. Second, if you have educated yourself on what you are doing, you are being a GREAT mom!! A Snuza monitor is a great idea. Don't be discouraged. I would just send a short message back to SIL. "Thank you for your concern." You don't need to justify it to her. Or explain it. Or anything else. It's hard to be a parent and harder when you feel judged for every decision. My mom has been nagging me about how we co-bed and I've politely explained a million times that I have researched it, have taken precautions, and we are doing it safely. Some people just cannot fathom co-bedding "safely." That is their problem. Continue to do what is best for baby and don't doubt yourself. If it gets the baby to sleep and you're being safe, do it.

So we figured out the problem. My baby was starving! Poor thing was such a good latcher that he cleared out ALL of my colostrum in 24 hours. And my body is just not making enough yet to keep up. Poor thing got irregular and short with feedings and that screaming nursing fit we had at the hospital was bc he was hungry! Poor baby. After 24 hours with no pee at all I called the on call pediatrician who told me just give him one oz of formula. He sucked it down in less than 10 minutes, pooped and slept for 3 hours, the longest he slept in like 20 hrs. Woke up again so I let him breastfeed for 20 min and he still fed beautifully no confusion, then gave him another 1oz bottle. Then he finally had a good proper pee and another poo and slept for another 3 1/2 hours. So that's how we've done the last 3 feeds combo feeding breast first then a little formula and he is doing great so far still latching on me like a champ.

So happy now cuz I know he is not starving and I don't have to give up on bfing just yet!

I am exhausted tho but oh well worth it

https://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w205/zoedinah/Hannah/th_bca8f49082ce54b34ab2ee3401b476b8_zpsfc34a58b.jpg

Hannah Jill born 9th May 6lb 12.5oz. Induced at 11am and arrived with gas and air at 8.50pm as suddenly 10cm as they arrived to do epidural. Both well :cloud9::thumbup:

Congratulations lady h :)

Happy to say that my Sophie Clare was born early this morning weighing a chunky 8 lb 9 oz after a long and gruelling labour. I'm so relieved it's over and utterly exhausted but can't sleep or relax cos of the adrenaline.

Hann I hope you are in labour now too or v.soon hun. X

Weeee! Congrats Kezzie - welcome little Sophie.

I couldn't relax for 3 days from the adrenaline. Xx

Congrats lady h! And yay kez so happy for u!
Happy mothers day to all you mamas hope everyone is doing well!

Were keeping this group going as a parenting group after everyone has their babies right?? I hope so!

Big congrats to Kezz and Lady H!!! Wow, I am amazed at your strength! Hard work and well worth it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->