May Babies - update me!

For those of you using expressed breast milk, how many oz are your babies eating during a feeding? Daytime feeds are usually about 4 oz. Carson eats so much during the night! Last night I gave him a 5 oz bottle and he screamed for more and ate another oz! 6 oz before 4 months seems like too much, but if he's hungry I'll feed him!

We're using formula but Lexi is having much more than the box says she should be. The tub say 5x4oz bottles in a 24 hr period, she is having on average 30oz a day so 7x4oz bottles.

If she's hungry I feed her and she has as much as she wants which means sometimes it's a 4oz bottle, sometimes she will only eat half and other times she wants more so she will have 5 or 6 oz.

She is growing well and the HV says she's a textbook perfect baby so it's working for us.

Hi everyone!

My little man is a month and a day now! He's growing nicely - 10lb 3oz now! We are breastfeeding, which is going well now he's had his tongue tie snipped, before that I had to pump and top up with formula. Hw still had 1 bottle of formhla a day to hopefully avoid all the stress i had with my daughter who was a bottle refuser! And it allows me to go to bed early and leave lo with my hubby for an hour before bed. He's sleeping well - usually has his last feed anywhere between 9-11pm, then usually doesn't wake til around 4am, feeds and sleeps again til 7:30am / 8am :) He's also a very efficient feeder so only takes about half an hour at max and settles well afterwards. The complete opposite to what my daughter was like!

He's covered in baby acne at the moment :( I know it's quite normal and my dd had it too, but looks horrible bless him!

Pp wise, I'm all good except I feel in piece down there! Got hemmerhoids, which is horrible, tore a stitch and had a really sore raw patch, but luckily that's healed now, but have got some skin tags, which I'm gonna mention at my postnatal check up! Oh the joys of pregnancy and childbirth!!!

What's everyone's pp weightloss like? The first 3 weeks I was losing weight quickly - about 25 lbs, now I've got like 20 more to lose but I can tell it's going to be harder to lose. In fact I don't think I've lost any the past week. My stomach is really soft and puffy. Anyone start exercising yet?

I don't know how much weight I gained in pregnancy, or how much I've lost since birth. But, I did weigh myself as soon as I found out I was pregnant on my Wii, so I'm gonna get that out later and see how much I need to loose til I'm back to pre pregnancyweight! It will probably be a really depressing experience, but might motivate me to eat a little better!

Exercise wise, I really couldn't do much at all on the first 3 weeks cos it irritated my torn stitches. But since them, I've done a fair amount of walking and today we've been gardening, which seems to be great exercise...I'm exhausted! Also think I'll start going swimming once my bleeding has stopped and I've had my postnatal check up at 8.5 weeks!

I am back to my pre pregnancy weight but my belly is still more flabby than before.

Exercise wise I take Lexi walking every day around 2 miles at a leisurely pace , other than that nothing and my diet includes lots if chocolate and other junk at the moment so need em to get that under control!

Don't have scales but pretty sure I'm back to what I was before. I didn't put weight on anywhere but belly and i
Although it's saggy it has gone right back down due to the wee man constantly feeding!
I've not been exercising apart from a bit of walking but have been quite active I suppose.

Does anyone else's sweet faced, adorable cherubic little angel growl at you if you dare to take the bottle away to burp them part way through a feed?

I'm back to my pre pregnancy weight, was straight away really, I never really put on pregnancy weight, in fact usually I lose it. But prior to falling pregnant I had been on my implant, after I had the twins I was back to my pre pregnancy weight and happy, but with the implant my weight ballooned, so even though I've lost my "pregnancy" weight, I've still got at least a stone ideally 1.5 stone to lose argh!

Hi all. Noah is 4 weeks and 2 days. We're breastfeeding and he doing really well. It was tough to begin with as he has a tongue and lip tie but as his mouth has gotten bigger my nipples have stopped racking and falling off! He feeds every 2-3 hours but we Co sleep so it's not causingotoo many problems. I think he may have reflux though so we'll probably be at the doctors this week. Weight loss wise I'm 5lb less than my pre pregnancy weight and in starting buggy fit soon to tone up, I'm walking about 2 miles a day too. My toddler has taken really well to bring a brother as well.

What's everyone's pp weightloss like? The first 3 weeks I was losing weight quickly - about 25 lbs, now I've got like 20 more to lose but I can tell it's going to be harder to lose. In fact I don't think I've lost any the past week. My stomach is really soft and puffy. Anyone start exercising yet?

Yeah I dropped 25lbs super quick too, but have been maintaining that for a week or two now. Still got 10lbs to go until I'm pre preg but in a perfect world would love to lose about 30lbs. My belly is super squishy...feels like bread dough!

I've lost over 30lbs (but I had gained 60lbs). I have about 25lbs until I'm prepregnancy weight again - usually it takes me a couple of months to get back down to being 105lbs-110lbs. I'm older now and this is my third, so I'm giving myself about 6 months before I start really caring.

My belly is definitely soft and poofy still lol. A deflated flabgoo!

Hi all! Baby Gracie is 3 weeks old today and doing very well :) shes not really in a routine but has slept for a good 3 hr stretch just now so I feel like Ive had the best sleep!

Weight wise Im under pre preg weight by five pounds, but I had awful heartburn all through the pregnancy and was only able to eat small amounts at a time so I think thats the reason. I bounced back pretty quickly after the birth, felt back to normal within a few days but I had no stitches so healing was pretty quick really.

Its lovely to read everyones updates btw! I have been wondering how youre all getting on x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->