May Babies - update me!

PugMama22

Reaction score
Just wondering how all the May babies and their mommies are doing? With a toddler and newborn I haven't been able to get on here like I used to, but have been curious about the ladies I followed during pregnancy!

I found a great program/book I'm following and it's been a lifesaver with sleep and schedule. It's called "Moms on Call" - you should look into it if you need some help! Carson is sleeping 4 hour stretches at night :thumbup: I've mastered the swaddle (well almost) and he's a happy little guy! I've given up on BF so I pump exclusively and that's going as well as to be expected! I have a love/hate relationship with my pump. I hate pumping for the most part, but love being able to give my baby my milk.... Also get all the benefits of bottle feeding.

Update me on your little ones!

Hello! Baby Niall is 3 weeks old on Monday and doing great. He sleeps 3-4 hour stretches in the day but sometimes only 2 at night. I find the BFing makes that not too horrendous though as he is reasonably quick and I get back to sleep quickly. I'll start pumping for one feed a day at 4 weeks so OH and DD can get involved in feeding too.

Good work Carson on the 4 hour stretches! I hope we will get there in the not too distant future... :)

Hello! Baby Niall is 3 weeks old on Monday and doing great. He sleeps 3-4 hour stretches in the day but sometimes only 2 at night. I find the BFing makes that not too horrendous though as he is reasonably quick and I get back to sleep quickly. I'll start pumping for one feed a day at 4 weeks so OH and DD can get involved in feeding too.

Good work Carson on the 4 hour stretches! I hope we will get there in the not too distant future... :)

So glad to hear you and baby Niall are doing great! :). How's your pp recovery?

Carson was sleeping long stretches during the day until I started this program. It suggests waking him up for feeds and play every 2 to 2 1/2 hours during the day, then he'll sleep better at night. Seems to be working so far!

My little guy was 2 weeks yesterday and we had a great night last night - He slept for 2 4-hour stretches! Not sure if it's a one-time thing but with my husband going back to work on Monday it sure would be nice if he kept it up. :)

Breastfeeding also seems to be getting easier. Once I started using Polysporin things definitely started to improve as far as cracking and chapping. Although his feeds are much longer now since he's sleeping more.

So far our little guy is awesome. I'm a FTM though so I don't know what to expect!

Glad to hear about your babies starting to sleep more too!

Day t-shirt/dress with leggings (vest underneath) if gets too hot I'll just remove clothes & Sun hat. I do start off with socks but tend to keep them off if warm

Night vest & sleepsuit and growbag. When gets v hot then I'll just put her in short sleeved vest with 1tog grobag.

PP recovery has been good despite second emergency section. Much shorter labour than my first which helped - I wasn't so completely exhausted after! How abut you?

TXJen good luck with OH going back to work - it's easier than you think on your own, you'll get lots of naps and cuddles. Just always remember to grab a bottle of water, snack and some entertainment (book, smartphone, remote control) before you sit down for lengthy feeds as you won't have anyone to bring you stuff any more, ;)

Hi all, Lucy is 3 weeks and 4 days, doing well, not in a routine, all my others above quickly got into a pattern but she hasn't all despite trying.

She is no exclusively formula fed, we have been in and out of hospital with losing weight, and then not gaining and prolonged jaudice, It seemed I had milk but she didn't seem to be getting it despite having various "professionals" try and help. She is now on the formula and making up for it, I tried exclusively pumping but wit three other children all 4 and under I just couldn't manage everything.

Life has been extremely stressful the past few weeks and I'm praying I do t get post partum depression and I feel so beyond stressed right now.

I had a section in which the anethetheic wore off and that was traumatic for me, I lost a lot of blood too and still feeling very faint at times, but managing and recovering well.

Lucy seems to cluster feed, so will take 3ozs and then within half an hour another 3ozs and like that on and off until she falls asleep. Been advised to just go with it given her weight issues previously but she is gaining well now.

I was meant to have a May baby but still waiting, 10 days overdue! x

Congrats on everyone's babies!

My lil guy just turned one month. He is a little sweetie and starting to get more alert. Feeding is going well, BF has been nothing but drama with all my other kids so touch wood it carries on uneventfully. He sleeps really good at night, just waking once or sometimes goes right through. During the day he is a bit of a cat-napper though and has a hard time settling. He and I both have a cold right now. It's so sad seeing him unwell and struggling with congestion. All in all I am loving being back at the starting gate again and can't get enough of my sweet lil man :)

Golly eternal you've been through quite a time of it! Look after yourself x

Hello! I almost thought I was going to have a June Baby! I was due the 11th and finally got induced on the 25th. Elliot was born the 26th!

12 days old at this point. Still feeding every 2-3 hours, so therefore never more than 2.5 hours of sleep at a time. He is exclusively breastfeeding and the feeds are taking 30 to 45 minutes at a time. Hes a very sweet baby and dose t cry much other than when he starts to get hungry but settles quickly. We are having a hard time getting him to sleep the last few days. Hes so alert and wants to stay awake all day despite trying to put him down for naps or letting him fall asleep in his bouncer. I can see hes tired but he really fights it.

I adore him though and I think once hes allowed to go for 4 hour stints at night I will adore him even more, haha!

Hi! My DS is 4 weeks and 4 days old. He had a cold a couple of weeks ago but that seems to have gone now. After initially BF really well he is now FF as my nipples just couldn't take the hourly feeds and it wasn't fair on my 2 year old seeing her mummy cry. She kept saying "mummy sad". I had a c section and had an infection in my scar but antibiotics seem to have helped clear it. Thank goodness.

Baby Thomas feeds roughly every 3 hours but sometimes will go 4 hours. If he has a longer awake time he will feed more often. He was born at 5lb 14oz and has gained a whopping 3lb! His sister is warming to him now. I've started trying to put him upstairs for naps as he has a lot of difficulty settling during the day when Lucy is running around/squealing/poking him. I spend a lot of time cuddling him (if he won't settle) which of course means Lucy gets a bit left out which I feel guilty for. So if he naps upstairs we get some well needed one to one time. Still getting used to the juggling act though. It'll get easier when we get into more of a routine I think.

Hi all, Lucy is 3 weeks and 4 days, doing well, not in a routine, all my others above quickly got into a pattern but she hasn't all despite trying.

She is no exclusively formula fed, we have been in and out of hospital with losing weight, and then not gaining and prolonged jaudice, It seemed I had milk but she didn't seem to be getting it despite having various "professionals" try and help. She is now on the formula and making up for it, I tried exclusively pumping but wit three other children all 4 and under I just couldn't manage everything.

Life has been extremely stressful the past few weeks and I'm praying I do t get post partum depression and I feel so beyond stressed right now.

I had a section in which the anethetheic wore off and that was traumatic for me, I lost a lot of blood too and still feeling very faint at times, but managing and recovering well.

Lucy seems to cluster feed, so will take 3ozs and then within half an hour another 3ozs and like that on and off until she falls asleep. Been advised to just go with it given her weight issues previously but she is gaining well now.

Sounds very stressful Hun. Take care of yourself. It'll get easier I'm sure.

DS2 is now 2 weeks, 2 days. So far he's doing great. I'm BFing and he's taken to it like a duck to water. I had lots of problems BFing DS1 so I'm thrilled that this time has been uneventful with no trauma or damage at all. The poor little mite has caught a nasty cold, courtesy of my toddler, but is still feeding and sleeping well despite a snuffly nose. Toddler has been very poorly and throwing up this evening though, so I'm just praying that DS2 doesn't catch that on top of the cold.

As for my recovery, so far so good. I had an elective c section following a traumatic birth last time. My wound has healed without drama and I'm feeling good, which is handy as I'm the only one in the house whose not sick!

Oh <3 for this thread!

Glad that all your babies are doing well (and so sorry you've been having a hard time Eternal! Is good to hear your baby is doing much better though [hopefully you will be soon too]).

My baby girl has been doing good too thank goodness (Whereas I've been having anxiety attacks and have been stupidly stressed out/breaking down a lot [I injured my back last week too and am paranoid that it's not going to get better lol BUT still happy my baby's thriving]).

No routine here either but I know it'll happen eventually - she sleeps between 2-5 hours right now. Breastfeeds wonderfully (SO glad my breasts finally regulated themselves - I forgot how painful and uncomfortable it is when breastmilk first comes in and baby first starts nursing).

Mapleroo - Liliana is almost one month (in two days!) and she's been sooo much more alert recently too. It's so awesome! I hope both you and baby feel better soon :flower:

Glad all your babies are doing well!

Aria was born May 12th (due the 22nd) and she is just lovely. The other night she slept 6 hours straight, but her usual stretch is about 4. I breast feed a little bit, pump 3 times a day and use formula. She eats a lot. I'm still getting the hang of having a toddler and a newborn. Its hard finding time to pump.

Lexi was born on 14th May so is 3 weeks 4 days today and she is wonderful.

We are formula feeding as she just couldn't get full when I was breastfeeding, she is a Hungry little monster eating every 2-3 hours during the day.

We feed on demand so hard to self a routine but recently she has her last feed around 11pm, then wakes up around 3am and 7am so not bad at all.

She does get constipated every now and then which the MW and HV say is normal with formula and that babies have an immature digestive system which can take a couple of months to function properly. I'm hoping it sorts itself out soon as it makes her so uncomfortable and she hates drinking the water that we have to give her.

I am doing really well so far, loving being a mum and looking after my little Lexi Lou :D

I had a 2nd degree tear which is feeling much better although still a bit bruised.

Lexi was born on 14th May so is 3 weeks 4 days today and she is wonderful.

We are formula feeding as she just couldn't get full when I was breastfeeding, she is a Hungry little monster eating every 2-3 hours during the day.

We feed on demand so hard to self a routine but recently she has her last feed around 11pm, then wakes up around 3am and 7am so not bad at all.

She does get constipated every now and then which the MW and HV say is normal with formula and that babies have an immature digestive system which can take a couple of months to function properly. I'm hoping it sorts itself out soon as it makes her so uncomfortable and she hates drinking the water that we have to give her.

I am doing really well so far, loving being a mum and looking after my little Lexi Lou :D

I had a 2nd degree tear which is feeling much better although still a bit bruised.

Our babies have the same birthday! I also had a second degree tear which seems to be healed up. The stitches were supposed to dissolve and I believe they have... Will be glad to be back to normal soon!

For those of you using expressed breast milk, how many oz are your babies eating during a feeding? Daytime feeds are usually about 4 oz. Carson eats so much during the night! Last night I gave him a 5 oz bottle and he screamed for more and ate another oz! 6 oz before 4 months seems like too much, but if he's hungry I'll feed him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->